[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uni Crash and Burn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1409465988203.jpg (40KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1409465988203.jpg
40KB, 550x512px
Long story short I'm a few years into university but I've pretty much hit rock bottom.

Did well in the first year, got with a girl for the first time and we went on for nearly two years.
Now it's my third year at Uni, I've been academically at risk once now and I'm right about to fail a couple more courses. Can't fix those courses right now, but I don't have a fucking clue where to go.

I might be able to keep on with University, but it's getting more tenuous at best with that. I want think I'm over the girl, but it sounds like a fucking lie since it's been more than half a year since our messy breakup and I can still end up thinking about her, it or whatever on a daily basis. Everything felt so sorted a while back, and now I'm burning money on University courses I fail and sit in a mental loop about some shitty relationship that was busted from the start but I was too naive to see.
I've got asthma so I probably can't go military like I would have probably wanted to, I have no job experience, I feel I don't have any meaningful relationships because I lie about all this shit and keep it to myself with this being an exception.

How can I move past just wanting to beat myself to pulp each day as I dig myself lower and MAKE something out of this? I'm sick of being like this, I'm sick of the stress from just failing another course, I'm sick of going over a long-gone relationship in excruciating detail every odd hour, and I'm sick of knowing that I'm just letting everyone done behind closed doors.

In other words:
How do I turn myself around from almost-probably dropping out?
What's some kind of backup plan that I can have given I have fuck all to land on?
Any other advice to get dropkicks like my current self into gear.
>>
>>18468011
> How do I turn myself around from almost-probably dropping out?
By focusing on your studies.

The thing with reputable universities and srs employer-wants-to-hire-you-after-graduating subjects is that you don't pass unless you have very, very little of a life apart from university. You need to almost entirely focus on your studies.

> What's some kind of backup plan that I can have given I have fuck all to land on?
As far as I can tell, you're pretty much forced to try your luck with whatever comes up, like all assetless not particularly educated people, aren't you?

Maybe you can retry and finish university, or maybe you'll see an opportunity elsewhere.
>>
Mate I'm in the same position as you except even worse. Gf and I are breaking up after 7 years and I'm 23. I did great first year if school but after that my studies fucked up hard. I barely have a 2.4 GPA right now after 4 years plus I'm in a major I hate (mostly because she told me it was a good idea). I am going to change my major and devote 120% to studies until I turn this shit around. 7 year graduation is better than dropout. I work out my anger and depression in the gym. I try to better myself reading about the world and shit. I do get depressed some days and just do nothing but I realize that the only thing worse than that is letting it take over my life and being sad every day. So I get back up the next day and get out there.

Good luck.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.