[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friend is batshit crazy, therapy a problem.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4832.gif (20KB, 297x247px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4832.gif
20KB, 297x247px
Hey /adv/. I while back I met my friend, we'll call them N. We really hit it off, great friends, relationship, yadda yadda. Over time, I found out they are.. batshit insane. They have obvious symptoms of schizophrenia, self-harmed (they might still, but we dont talk much anymore). They obviously suffer from some form of depression, and was asessed with a low risk for suicide. She also believes she is vampirekin, dragonkin, and fictionkin. They count as religious beliefs I guess, but I wouldn't be so concered if they didn't have negative compulsions and hallucinations, that they say they can't control it. Now all of that being known, you would think their family would try to, you know, get them into therpy. Even with just the suicide risk, you would think their family would make it an immediate priority to get them help. Not even a little. If it matters, I've been told their mother has Multiple Personaliy Disorder. So anyways, they don't like the topic of therapy. I have no clue, but they get very irritated when I bring it up. The first therapist their family tried said they could get them in to make an appointment. If any of you know about therapy, you know that you call in to make an appointment. You don't make an appointment TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. That's just not how it worked. I dropped the subject for a few months until a few days ago. I recently moved away to halfway across the country. I'm nowhere near them, and school's out, so the counselor can't do shit. Right, so a few days ago, I found out they're fictionkin. That's not really bad, I just feel like it could be attributed to a need for escapism. That's not what stood out to me, though. I asked about therapy, and they told me their grandmother called 5 therapists, and they all just blew off the call. Immediately, my bullshitometer went off the fucking charts. No way a seemingly schizophrenic, suicidal teenager would be blown off like that. Hitting max length, will post response.
>>
I tried suggesting that they ask their grandma to mention they are seemingly schizophrenic. Response? "Fuck off."

MY IDEA:
Their family has a history of neglecting them, as well as not giving half a fuck about them. I think their family is purposely rejecting her treatment for whatever reason. I can only assume it's to hide the gross negligence they treat their child with.

They are a great person and I would hate to see them suffer. I care about them greatly and I want to get them help. What do I do?
>>
Bumping before I go to bed. If you have any questions I'll have them answered around 10:30 AM CST. Goodnight.
btw please help i really want to help them not suffer
>>
bump l
>>
If she's a danger to herself or others, beyond a reasonable doubt, notify the authorities

Make sure to inform them of the history of negligence and all the etc
>>
so tl;dr "concerned friend" thinks that therapy is the solution to all problems

Quit stickin' yer nose into where it don't belong
>>
>>18470141
I appreciate the helpful advice. I dedicate my time to two important things. Net Neutrality and the people I care about. The latter is far more important. I have dedicated time and stress to helping them. I am dedicated to helping them.

What's your solution? Ripping them away from their family will send them into a whole new level of panic, and that's a bit extreme and a dick move if they're not being abused.
>>
>>18470141
Typical normie behaviour.
>pretend to care about someone in need only to douse their own guilt
>always offer the laziest solutions possible (half-heartedly saying "I'm here for you" to them over text, recommending that they spend hundreds or thousands of their dollars on therapy, etc.)
And I'd know, because I am a normie who does these things.
>>
>>18470352
>>18470352
Fuuuck you. You obviously have no clue what I've tried to do. I've comforted them, or at least tried to when my methods didn't work. I've watched them suffer through depression, anxiety, helplessness, and a bunch of other shit, and you think I do this for myself? Fuck off. Not everybody's careless enough to say, "This person has problems, but I need an ego boost." Motherfucking news flash, different people are different. Fuck you for thinking I didn't do shit. There's only so much I'm able to do using only my knowledge of their personality and zero psychological knowledge. Go fuck yourself. Seriously.
>>
File: IMG_4912.jpg (51KB, 637x633px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4912.jpg
51KB, 637x633px
>>18470477
>>18470352
Just reread your message to make sure I covered everything. One more point I needed to make. Do you fucking wantne to dig out the logs upon logs upon logs of chats? I will HAPPILY do so. I'm not so fucking stupid as to go "yeah i'm here for you". That's not true fucking caring.
wait shit i think i just took bait
i'm a fucking retard
>>
bumping before bed, goodnight anons
>>
>>18467005
>crazy friend has abusive insane family that is preventing her from getting the help she needs.

Here's a more likely scenario:

Your friend wants to be a special snowflake and is lying about seeking treatment. Her family isn't stopping her and isn't trying to pretend to be seeking help for her but isn't following through, she's just outright lying to you to try to get you off her back. More likely she's never brought it up with them and her family has no idea that she's "batshit insane" because she's not actually delusional or schizophrenic. She tells people she is because she likes the attention it gives her.

I wonder if you actually know this person or if it's just an internet relationship.

If you're convinced she's crazy and that she's in danger of harming herself (because she's communicated a threat to kill herself, for example) then contact the police or a social worker to check on her.
>>
>>18470819
Thanks for the advice, Anon. I do know this person in real life (or rather did until i moved).
>>
bunp
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.