[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on getting you ISP to lower your bill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Anxiety.jpg (43KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
Anxiety.jpg
43KB, 600x480px
Hi everyone my family has been with optimum for 2 years now and optimum has been gradually raising it's bill on us now we are paying $133.44 for super basic triple play package. we only get 3mb download. it's crap. Has anyone here had experience with getting their ISP to lower their bill? How did you do it?

PS. sometimes we are late on our payment because my parents give me the money to pay it late. We have been late like 10 times(not consecutively) for 2 years now. Any tips or advice you can give would be appreciated.
>>
>>18466585
Lel - why the fuck would they lower their bill?

Do you usually lower your salary because your boss would like you to work cheaper?
>>
>>18466585
Get some testicles and call them.

Ask for a manager

Tell them exactly how you feel and like they're taking advantage of you while saying you want them to stop and lower the bill to some sort of amount of your choice(A low point is best but they'll probably jack it up a bit)

If they start to negotiate,throw up counter offers.

If they don't negotiate at all or fail to give you a price you're more comfortable with,say you want their services discontinued and will get another provider.

Get another provider

Somewhere in there,you just made your situation much better.
>>
>>18466585

>find a provider who is offering a better deal
>call up your current provider and tell them that you've found a better deal, what it is and who is providing it and that if they don't offer you the same or better, you will leave
>they either give you what you want to avoid losing a customer or you switch providers

That's how it works here in the UK at least.
>>
>>18466585
shit dude, those late fees could probably pay for a whole month of service.
>>
>>18466624
>Get another provider

Damn, you make it sound like providers don't have monopolies to fuck that plan to hell.
>>
Cable companies are staffed, run, and owned entirely by cunts.
Ask why it keeps going up, if they don't give a real answer that isn't DURR NETWORK CONGESTION AND OUTBUILDING, threaten to leave.
Also pay your fuckin bill on time, that might be why they're jacking it up.

>>18466589
Thanks for letting us know you live with your parents and have no bills.
>>
>>18466914
>Thanks for letting us know you live with your parents and have no bills.
I was thinking that about you.

Really, what life experience makes you think companies will lower their bills for you? They're not your parents and they don't love you.
>>
>>18466994
>I'm rubber you're glue le xd ur mom upboat
Anyway.
I went though this a couple months ago.
My ISP bill kept going up because of whatever bullshit of the week they're peddling.
I called, and bitched, and guess what? My bill is back where it's supposed to be. It's happened with my car insurance too.

You have clearly either never payed a bill or enjoy getting monetarily raped for no reason. They'd rather lose some money from you than all of it.
>>
>>18466994
I'm not that guy but pretty much any company that charges a monthly bill is willing to give you a promotional discount rate if they think they'll lose you as a customer. some examples are sirius xm and comcast. Hell I've even had my gym lower the membership fee for 6 months.
>>
>>18467017
> I called, and bitched, and guess what? My bill is back where it's supposed to be.
You mean you can cancel extra services that are terminable at any time, or complain about getting an invoice for services you downright didn't sign up for (or sums of money you already paid)? No shit!

But that's absolutely different from you thinking they will lower the bill just because you don't like that the 3MB/s super triple play package now costs $130.

> You have clearly either never payed a bill or enjoy getting monetarily raped for no reason.
I've been paying bills and handling money for decades.
>>
>>18467036
Comcast wouldn't give a discount for shit even for doing a shitty job and missing appointments to do installations twice despite them stretching half the day. They were merely nice enough to only start billing after installations were done.

Wasn't like they had to care, it's good to be a monopolist. Suck it up, peasant!
>>
>>18467047
Man, you are just spreading your butthole right open for them, aren't you?
You either live in Bongistan or you're a boomer, I'm guessing.
Again, I'm not OP.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.