[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(Uni Help) Help me pick the path to best achieve my goals /adv/!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: HELP.jpg (29KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
HELP.jpg
29KB, 300x250px
So I am applying to graduate schools (US) soon for a Masters in electrical engineering and need help deciding the best way to end up in the PhD program at ETH Zurich.

I plan to apply to ETH Zurich, EPFL, Stanford, UIUC, and a few more top US schools for my masters. ETH is a long shot for masters due to the amount of coursework I am missing with how their EE bachelors is set up so rule that out for now.

Now assuming I get into every other grad school I apply for, which would best set me up for a PhD at ETH Zurich? Would EPFL be best, being the "sister" school of ETH? Or would going to a top name like Stanford or UIUC be just as good or better?

Just wanted to know if they are about equal so I can make the final decision based on financial aid.

End goal is working/living in Switzerland and becoming a dual citizen. Visited there twice for a while and absolutely love it.
Thanks for any help!
>>
bump pls
>>
This was painful to read. If your response to the internal question of how to achieve is to ask /adv/ with a crying frog image and whining hoping someone will solve your shit for you, you're not getting in to Stanford or your program of choice. You'd be lucky to get into any graduate program.
>>
>>18466787
I am just asking if anyone knows if a Swiss MS will look better or not for admission into ETH Zurich PhD. I know the application is directly to the professors so maybe they have a preference. I will get into Stanford and UIUC for MS, etc.. it is unlikely I won't given my stats (says my professor and advisors). Getting funding to those places is all I'm worried about. If I applied to them for PhD it would be more up in the air as well, but MS applications are much easier.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.