[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turning a guy down without being rude

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: desktop-1455910517.jpg (39KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
desktop-1455910517.jpg
39KB, 650x488px
I went out with a guy for 3 weeks last year, he was very nice and attractive but he ultimately wasn't the kind of guy I'd date long term.
He still texts me every couple of months, "to catch up". If we talk about his love life I try to encourage him to talk to other girls, but he keeps telling me that he still has feelings for me and such things.

He just sent me a message begging me for a second chance. I am not interested in him and am seeing someone else.

How do I reject him nicely?
Do I have to block him everywhere?
>>
Tell him "please stop contacting me" then you don't need to block him everywhere unless he doesn't stop, in which case you have total justification for it.
>>
I don't think there's an easy way of rejecting.

Just be honest, say you're not interested and if he persists, I'd suggest telling him you're seeing someone else, that should usually be the final blow.

He's gonna feel hurt no matter what you say but that isn't really your responsibility. If he keeps on asking for your attention in some way I would suggest to just ignore him.

You have no obligation to keep talking to him if he doesn't get the message.
That's something I've never understood with women tho. Like I had female friends who, instead of just telling them to fuck off, kept talking and being polite to guys who were following her home in the middle of the night
>>
Just say "I'm not looking for a boyfriend/relationship right now" If he's normal he should get the hint. If he's an autist just block him.
>>
is that you, emily?
>>
>>18465784
No. But stop bothering her, poor thing.

>>18465783
He's really not a bad guy, but he's a tad autistic.
>>
>>18465761
Isn't that harsh? I don't want to hurt him more than necessary.

>>18465777
I don't know what to do when he texts me. I usually reply to him out of courtesy. I thought he got the message since I dumped him, rejected all his flirting and always tell him that I don't feel the same when he tells me he's crazy about me.
He has never been rude or excessive, just doesn't let me go.
>>
>>18465810

Tell him you're not interested, plain and simple.

>He has never been rude or excessive.

If you tell you're not interested and he continues to bother you, then he's being rude by ignoring your stance and he's being excessive by continuing on with his thirst.
>>
>>18465751
>he was very nice and attractive but he ultimately wasn't the kind of guy I'd date long term.
This is a shitty reason. Give your real reason and I will tell you how to let him down.
>>
>>18465884
He couldn't keep up with me intellectually. I felt bored. He was also a bit of a pushover.
Really a nice guy, very kind, hot, but really not my type.
>>
>>18465909
Ok, so he is not a man, now I get it.
Now I will tell you what I promised. Despite what you might think, leaving him in uncertainty is the most cruel thing you can do to him.
So just write "I dont think this is working out between us. I would like to be friends with you, but it will not work, sorry.". Just that line, dont write to him he is a nice guy and shit. After that dont respond to him.
He will be angry, maybe he will text you walls of texts, but bare with it. After some time he will cool down and move on. The quicker it happens the better is it for you all.
>>
>>18465751
>How do I reject him nicely?

You don't. Do it harshly.

Nowadays men take common courtesies as flirtatious. Don't be nice or he'll stay latched on to your leg.
>>
File: lel.jpg (30KB, 615x345px) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
30KB, 615x345px
>>18465909
>He couldn't keep up with me intellectually
That's a new one. And it's actually funny at that, since it's coming from a woman.
>>
>>18466669
>crossfit
>tripfag
>>
File: 1495078707684.jpg (9KB, 165x163px) Image search: [Google]
1495078707684.jpg
9KB, 165x163px
>>18466694
>implying this trip is unironic
>implying you have anything to say besides "m-m-m-muh tripfag"
Oh, women...
>>
>>18466650
this

THIS

SO MUCH THIS

op i've done this a lot, you really want to nail the point home. be rude or he won't get it.
>>
>>18466722
All you said both times can be summed up as
>oh, women...
So why act as if you're any better
>>
>>18465932
I'd just say "I'm sorry, I'm just not interested in a relationship with you and I never will be".
>>
File: 1497234945268.png (514KB, 532x582px) Image search: [Google]
1497234945268.png
514KB, 532x582px
>>18466722
>person he's talking to isn't even a "women"
>implying that I didn't know it was ironic
>implying that irony is not autistic
Let's just post condescending pics all day, anon.
>>
File: 1488260117432.jpg (55KB, 564x623px) Image search: [Google]
1488260117432.jpg
55KB, 564x623px
>>18465751
Go fuck yourself. I hope you never procreate and your entire lineage ends if you are the culmination of centuries of evolution. You're only giving him false hope by being "Nice". The truth is you're a coward who's afraid of how he's going to react if you're not walking on egg shells around him. I can't fucking stand people who "Wait" for some hopeless idiot to "Take a hint". If you told him directly you're not interested in him that way you would spare his feelings by being direct and honest, and I could have even a shred of respect for you then. Instead you have to play games, you can't imagine how much I possibly despise you to the core of my very being and every person in existence who is just like you. Another basic cunt who probably looks down on other people while only getting to know them on a surface level, because you're shallow, and you need to be entertained to maintain your attention, like a child. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing twice and expecting different results, and you can't take the hint he doesn't understand you're not interested in him? You don't care about him, you aren't nice, we both know you think he's a complete fucking retard who isn't worth your time, but like most women you're weak. Cut that idiot loose already and you won't have to block him you disgusting coward.
>>
As a formerly clueless guy, it's less cruel to let someone down harshly. If he's clueless like I was, he's genuinely thinking he has a chance. Although I assume he's just being persistent and is probably shooting out feelers to other girls.

Let him down where there's not a shadow of a doubt that it's not happening so you both can move on. In the long run, this is much more compassionate than tiptoeing around it.
>>
>>18466883
That meltdown was unexpected and hilarious at once. Do it again!
>>
File: 1419542789884.jpg (76KB, 650x538px) Image search: [Google]
1419542789884.jpg
76KB, 650x538px
OP, you have gotten a lot of good advice. Be honest, blunt and direct. If he is a person of good character, he will respect you for that and move on.

IMO, women are never fucking direct and would rather ignore you, thinking it solves the problem. Men AND women who do this are fucking cowards.

>>18466650
>>18466741

I hope the same is done to you. Women can easily be as dense as men. Fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1496451974819.jpg (37KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
1496451974819.jpg
37KB, 600x563px
>>18466945
Of course it's hilarious. To women men's hearts are playthings meant to ultimately be broken and discarded when they grow bored. I'm sick of people who are incapable of having an honest conversation. OP isn't stringing him along for months out of the kindness of her heart. Deep down she enjoys receiving the attention and knowing she's "Above" someone else who's intellectually inferior for thinking there's hope. If more women tried to understand men and vice versa we wouldn't even be in this situation. She cares more about her own feelings even after being told to confront him she doesn't take anyone's advice. Because telling someone you're not interested is so uncomfortable, and makes me feel bad :(. I'll just block him so I don't have to face the situation I've created because taking responsibility is so hard. Why do I need to tell him I have a boyfriend? Ugh, that requires a minimal amount of effort and I don't like that!

Just continue ignoring the situation and it will resolve itself, right?
>>
>>18466883

people like you are the reason women are afraid to reject men.
>>
>>18466986

The same has been done to me. It's how I know it needs to be harsh.

I never said women couldn't be dense.
>>
>>18465932
I texted him
>"I still don't think we're a good match as a couple. I am sorry. I've been seeing someone else for a month or something, too."
He sent me 2 desperate walls of text this far.

>>18466650
I just don't want to hurt him more than necessary or be rude.

>>18466883
>>18467002

You're crazy.
I went out with him for a couple of weeks a year ago. I dumped him pretty clearly, telling him that even if he's a nice person and I think he's very attractive, I am not interested in taking things further because I didn't feel like we clicked intellectually.
He asked me to be friends. He texted me sometimes and I replied out of courtesy. When he flirted, I ignored him or told him I didn't feel the same.
I'm not playing any games. I broke up with him, I turned down all his flirting, I just rejected him again.
I just don't know what to do with him anymore.

Stop sperging and imagining things.
>>
>>18465751
Have you tried
>I am not interested in you and am seeing someone else.
?
>>
>>18467474
Yeah: >>18467470
>>
>>18467470

You might as well just ignore/block him at this point. You said what you needed to say. I get the impression you don't have a desire for any type of relationship with this guy, even as an acquaintance. So just let it go.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.