[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medical histories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: lounge-icon-medical-history.png (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
lounge-icon-medical-history.png
7KB, 300x300px
I have been prescribed by my doctor some meds for anxiety and mood stabilizers some years ago, and I do still take them to this day.

The thing I want to know, does it remain medically recorded each time I go to the pharmacy to get my fill?
>>
Do you mean like confidentiality? If so then yes because there is a patient privacy disclosure prevention act
>>
Well what country are you in? (you should disclose this in virtually every /adv/ OP)
Does the prescription card thing you show at the pharmacy contain (1) your name (2) some social security number thing / local equivalent and/or (3) a bar code? Does the person who gives the stuff to you note something down, type something in and/or scan some code on the packaging?

> does it remain medically recorded each time I go to the pharmacy to get my fill?
I doubt it, but I'm certain your doc keeps a log of all prescriptions he gives you, and shares this with health insurance, to which your local NSA-equivalent probably has access to as well.
>>
>>18465084
Medical records stay at the "company" (so to speak) you are visiting unless you sign a legal document permitting them to do otherwise. Only whoever is filling the scripts, and whatever pharmacies you have used, should have the records. Anything else would be an illegal action.
>>
>>18465668
"Whoever" being whatever office or medical system you use to get prescriptions written.
>>
>>18465084
I have a bipolar I disorder diagnosis, live in Canada, and take a mood stabilizer. I'm 100% sure every one of my refills is recorded in a system. (I suspect the system might be huge too, at the level of the province.)

What are you exactly afraid of, OP?

I admit I don't fully regularly take my pill, skipping to take it for 1 or 2 days all the time, sometimes even 3 or 4, largely because I keep on forgetting to take it. I could throw them in the trash or down the toilet to keep an impeccably timely record, but I don't even bother. Nothing has happened in the 5 years since the diagnosis.
>>
>>18465674
>flipping your receptors on and off like a light-switch using shoddy drugs with high side-effect profiles (unless you're on Lamictal or Nuerontin)
>getting the fish really mellow but actually just toxifying the region
>>
>>18465717
>>flipping your receptors on and off like a light-switch using shoddy drugs with high side-effect profiles (unless you're on Lamictal or Nuerontin)
I'd be literally dead already without the stabilizer though.

While I skip the pill now and then due to forgetfulness, I still take the whole pill most of the time. On the third year I tried regularly taking just half the pill, and after a few days, bam!, relapse into manic-depression with near-zero sleep and odd religious beliefs and experiences. I did attempt suicide during a manic episode before I was diagnosed, not being able to bear the massive religious emotions during the psychosis. I'm not going to risk it again.

>>18465717
>>getting the fish really mellow but actually just toxifying the region
Is this a metaphor for your body or do you mean it literally?
>>
>>18465084
There aren't any diagnosis attached to your prescriptions, somebody would have to be indicated on a release form given to your prescribing doctor in order to have knowledge of it.

If they are scheduled medications, those prescriptions are known by your state and DEA.
>>
>>18465765
>im worried about my mental health
Then takw it regularly. If you have to lower the dose to do that, so be it.

>Do you mean my body, or the region?
The region, when you flush it down the toilet.
>>
>>18465799
Good to know. Shouldn't be a problem though. Many give benzos and percs out like candy.
>>
>>18465967
>Then takw it regularly. If you have to lower the dose to do that, so be it.
I said I tried lowering it once and it stopped working... I think I take it regularly enough anyway.

>>18465967
>The region, when you flush it down the toilet.
I said I don't flush any pill down the toilet ("I could throw them [...] but I don't even bother"). I take every pill into my body. It's just that if there's 30 pills I do it over 40 days or so.
>>
>>18465984
>>18465984
Oh that sounds okay. Which one are you on? Do you like it?
>>
>>18466030
Aripiprazole (common brand name: Abilify). It doesn't seem to affect me that much in terms of side-effects. It's alright.
>>
>>18466062
Sounds about right. You might want to switch to a lighter one after a year or two, but I'm not a doc, so.

Keep up the good work. I (you know, supposedly) have Borderline and I take Lamotrigine. Benadryl, occasional melatonin supplement, and the very occasional Clonazepam helps.

Also healthy lifestyle that should be ppl's ultimate goal.

Have a nice life me brodeh
>>
>>18466100
>Have a nice life me brodeh
You too. Pretty much what I wish to everybody with actual mental disorders.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.