[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to do in summer prelude to university?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: erWletm.png (37KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
erWletm.png
37KB, 1127x685px
Hi /adv/,

I've just finished my last exam yesterday and now have a long summer until starting University in September. So my question is what do I do now? Also; I have no friends/girlfriend.

I want to avoid "living the NEET life" e.g. staying at home playing on a computer all day so was considering getting a job, which would be good for talking to people and earning money. What else should I do e.g. try to gain weight and get /fit/? I am open to any suggestions.

Thank you!
>>
Volunteer
>>
>>18464835
Thanks for the suggestion, i'll add it to my list!
>>
Take up a hobby.
I suggest a "manly" hobby because they just seem more relaxing, lot of opportunities to make friends,and I've heard it's attractive if you do them
Hobby List:http://www.artofmanliness.com/2010/01/06/45-manly-hobbies/
>>
>>18464850
Thanks.
>>
>>18464843
>get a fucking job
and save up as MUCH money as you can so you don't have to work freshman year for your spending money

>Start selling your plasma if you're 18

(They pay about $50 per blood donation twice a week, so it's hella worth it plus you're actually saving lives)

> Volunteer

One of the best ways to pad your resume, pick either animals or hospitals - that's where the qt's volunteer

> Find a social hobby

Idc if it's NEET as hell, but the major prpblem I always see with freshmen at my college (I'm now a junior), is that they get here expecting all these amazing things to do in their spare time - spoiler alert....

You'll have way too much fucking downtime like 90% of the time, and you will go stir crazy if you're stuck in your dorm/apartment all day. Take up Magic, a sport you can join, d&d, whatever - just get something that forces you to socialize.

The summer before college is great for experimenting with your free time
>>
>>18464888
Also, if at all possible I would start practicing trying to hook up with bitches/dudes in your hometown to get experience
>>
>>18464888
>>18464891

Yeah, I will start looking for a job today - 'freshman year' means the first year of University, right? Could I not keep a job/part-time thing then, or would I need time for revision/learning etc. or whatever you do?

£50 twice a week sounds good, but would I be allowed/is it safe? I'm very skinny/thin. Regardless, I think I need to eat more/gain weight.

I will look into volunteering for my CV/resume, thanks for this.

Again, getting a hobby or hobbies seems a good idea - I just need to find something I find interesting... at the moment I enjoy coding/programming, which relates to my degree and politics (but this is not something I dislike talking about with other people, unless asked)... both are pretty 'NEET as hell'. Once I decide on something, do you think I should join some club? In addition, whilst at school and talking about University I’m sure a teacher mentioned that there are 'societies' for basically everything, once I'm at university should I join some and is this a normal thing to do?

You are right, I do need to get experience with girls, male friends would be a good starting point I guess.

Thanks for all of your advice!
>>
>>18464832
Get the reading lists opr textbooks for your first semester classes and get a head start.
>>
>>18464937
Thanks!
>>
get a job
>>
Just be a NEET
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.