[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fear of Being Weak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: _20170608_122413.jpg (38KB, 404x329px) Image search: [Google]
_20170608_122413.jpg
38KB, 404x329px
I'm almost 6 foot and have a year left of high school. The problem is I'm really skinny and weak. I've been working out for about 9 months and though I've made gains I'm still weak as hell.

Now people generally like me or don't care about me at my school. Some dislike me, but they don't bother me and tend to keep their thoughts to themselves out of respect our because they have better things to do. There are two guys however, who are significantly stronger than me, who have started bullying me and insulting me whenever they are in a group of people and see me. They always say mean things that I just brush off, that doesn't bother me, what bothers me is the feeling that I've been targeted and will have to deal with their disrespect for another year and that I'm too weak to scare them off. They don't physically attack me (yet). I wish I could beat the shit out of them and stop them, but I'd obviously lose a fight with either of them.

I've been mugged twice this year (unknown people who didn't steal anything because I ran and shouted for help). I've grown to feel insecure in my weak body. Last night I dreamed that one of the guys harassing me was pushing me down a hill and I've had so many dreams of getting robbed and mugged by others. Last night and the night before I had dreams where I was trying to fight off somebody trying to attack me, but I couldn't land any of my punches or hits, they always dodged or blocked me, when I did hit them, my lunch was so weak and harmless that they didn't even care. Meanwhile they landed their blows on me almost every time because they were bigger and stronger.

I'm not going to break down or anything, I'm going to keep working out, but these thoughts stress me out and sadden me and I don't know how to cope or if I can do anything to change my mentality or behavior to feel better.

Is there anything I can do to make myself feel safe or am I doomed top fear and weakness until I bulk up?
>>
Martial arts and self defense. Even better than working out, if you want to keep yourself safe.
Working out + Martial arts & self defense = 100% victory.

"But how can I learn self defense?"
Internet, friends, join a MMA or boxing club, etc.
Also, there are many comics that actually EXPLAIN the physics behind self defense and fighting like "holyland" which is incredibly accurate and informative (but it should only be a "support", not your main source.)

Also books about martial arts.
>>
>>18464807
Well, I've wanted to take Brazilian jujitsu for a while. I guess I should sign up now.
>>
>Is there anything I can do to make myself feel safe or am I doomed top fear and weakness until I bulk up?

I'd also suggest to add martial arts and self defense to your discipline. Pick self defense class that teach you to deal with armed attacker and pick any martial arts of your liking.

Bulking and bigger body don't always translate into confidence. It also need to be supplemented with the knowledge that you can fuck some shit up and ready to beat the shit out of anyone who cross the line with you.

I think that's it for you to try.
>>
>>18464816
dude, dude. My advice is don't. Not that it's not good or effective, but it's really complicated and will not be of any use for a while. A big while. It's harder to grasp these kind of fighting styles because it's more about thinking fast rather than reacting fast.
I suggest:
Boxing
Karate
MMA
Kung Fu
Krav Maga

These are way more helpful for beginners. If you really want "all rounder" type of martial art, pick MMA (literally Mixed Martial Arts) or Krav Maga
>>
>>18464836
Alright, I'll try for MMA then.
>>
>>18464774
>year left of highschool

Deal. That shit stops flying after highschool. Theyre the ones who are fucked when they realise they cant hold jobs behaving that way. Even if they go to post secondary they can be thrown out in a flash for that behaviour.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.