[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work for the disabled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1286772680871.jpg (44KB, 881x720px) Image search: [Google]
1286772680871.jpg
44KB, 881x720px
I'm trying to find out what sort of career I could have as a disabled guy. I have chronic pain which can vary from a mild announce to "please just fucking shoot me". It can happen at a moment's notice and can last for months at a time leaving me dependent on pain killers that make my very forgetful and rather dopey.

I live in the middle of no where and can't drive in case I have a flare up while behind the wheel. So how do I create a career for myself and get off of NEET bucks? I've tried running an ebay store and there's just no profit in it, so I'm looking for other options.

I'm willing to put the effort in to develop new skills but part of my problem is that I am very unreliable, I could need months off at a time while still maintaining an income or else I'd be better off on NEET bucks.

What options do I realistically have? I had considered doing some writing but I imagine that's over saturated and hard to break into, but it seems to be the only realistic option there is outside of making a patreon funded youtube channel based on my warhammer hobby skills (which are pretty high)
>>
>making a patreon funded youtube channel based on my warhammer hobby skills (which are pretty high)
Well why not make a hobby a career? You'll get paid and it is something you can do on your own time.
>>
>>18463715
If you look at any of the successful warhammer hobby streamers (kenny boucher, rob baer, etc) it is pretty much a full time job for them, to prepare for their streams, entertain their viewers, and do commissions on the side, and they aren't exactly rolling in cash for it.

Pretty much every smaller streamer needs a second job to pay the bills.
>>
>>18463706

you say you're willing to put in the effort, but are you willing to make any lifestyle changes if an opportunity arose? Like moving?

and are you 'murican?
>>
>>18463706

Realistically you'd need to be reliable to hold down a job at all. You can maybe get by by doing temp work, saving up and then living off savings in off months.

Look into any career path doing work on commission.That would give you the money to build up income over short periods of time, and then stop for a few months while you live off of income.

Realistically you should be contacting a social worker and applying for disability payments. Your willingness to learn skills can put you pretty far though.
>>
>>18463865
Moving would be out of the question because I need my family around to support me when I'm fucked up. Moving for income would end up costing way more in support than if I stayed where I was.

>>18464105
I'm already on disability but I would prefer to be making my own income. I don't trust the system not to collapse and leave me fucked.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.