[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mad as fuck, but really want it to stop.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: angry-05.jpg (3MB, 2800x1946px) Image search: [Google]
angry-05.jpg
3MB, 2800x1946px
How in the hell do I stop getting so mad?

Every single time I try to learn something and it doesn't work out, my blood pressure skyrockets and I grit my teeth so hard I could chip a tooth. Stuff like playing fighting games, drawing pictures, or learning an entirely new skill--whatever really, the specific tasks probably don't matter here. The point is I end up getting mad at pretty much anything that requires me to learn from my mistakes and improve upon them. If I can't do something right after like a solid hour of attempts, I get so unbelievably pissed off that it feels like nothing will ever make all of the resulting tension and anger go away. I'm in control of myself enough to never lash out, so it's not like I'm throwing controllers, breaking shit, or blowing up on anyone, but I still feel like such a fucking baby when this happens.

To calm down, I'll go and sit in a quieter, darker room and take deep breaths (sometimes for hours), and then spend a few days avoiding whatever it was that pissed me off so much. But sometimes I'll avoid doing fun stuff with friends just because I don't want them to think I'm a complete sperg. I just want to be good at the things I'm interested in, but sometimes it feels like I'm only interested in things that'll just end up pissing me off. It's been like this since I was like 13, but it's been over a decade and I just want it to stop so I can move on with my life.

How do I learn to stop getting so mad about failure, and instead just accept failure as a part of the learning process?
>>
>>18463488
You shouldn't always do these things to be the best, a hobby is supposed to be for fun
>>
>>18463497
Nothing really feels "fun," though. Don't get me wrong, plenty of things really interest me, but I think I have real trouble with thinking things are fun. I do hear what you're saying, how I shouldn't be so focused on being the best, but I honestly feel like a fucking loser otherwise. It's like I'm always oscillating between:
1) Hating myself because I'm not yet good enough to make money doing something, and
2) Getting mad because I'm not learning quickly enough for the time I'm spending to matter.

I know I'm never gonna be Top 8 at EVO, but losing against the computer makes me feel like a total retard who shouldn't even bother playing in the first place. I know I'm never gonna have my drawings displayed in a museum, but I think maybe it would be nice to feel comfortable when I draw, instead of only hating everything I make and feeling like I've wasted years of my life trying to learn a skill I'm just not that good at.

I've been told "well just stop doing _____ if it makes you so mad," but that's the problem: everything makes me mad eventually, and I'm so tired of dedicating time to learning new things when I already know the outcome will just be another rejection letter. I constantly feel mediocre compared to my peers. Every time I talk to my family and friends, I can tell they're pitying me; I'm just the loser with the eked-out Associate's degree who everybody thought was gonna "make it," yet somehow still hasn't managed to make anything of himself professionally. Maybe this thread was a stupid idea.
>>
Maybe you just have low emotional intelligence
>>
Get more sleep
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.