[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need someone to talk to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1274543609468.jpg (47KB, 419x333px) Image search: [Google]
1274543609468.jpg
47KB, 419x333px
I can afford a therapist, but I do not have time for one. I'm too busy at work (I don't even want to get into it, don't bother)

Is there any psychfag or ANYBODY on this board who would be willing to just be a buddy and provide insight? Like one-on-one. I really don't know where else to turn.

>What makes you so special, OP?

I need help. My anger and anxiety is not healthy for me, among other things. My parents don't know shit and I don't know who else to turn to. Please.
>>
>>18463207
Can you elaborate on your issues? Also, it's very difficult for someone to give you advice in a constructive, healthy way without them being a professional.
>>
>I need help. My anger and anxiety is not healthy for me, among other things.

Join the club faggot. You are asking other mentally broken and miserable people on here for advice and now you want them to cater to you by being able to listen to your problems?

You have the money, schedule your time to see a therapist a couple of times a week. Nobody on here is going to listen to you bitch about your problem for hours on end, unpaid.
>>
>>18463209

I've seen a therapist before, so I know the drill.

So, I guess the most pressing thing now is my health. I'm self-conscious with how I look.

I want to get into shape and lose 20 pounds. I've struggled for 3 years. My parents, one of them, every time we talk on the phone or anything, HAS to bring it up, as if I'm doing it for them. I'm paying my own bills with my own job in my own place. They give me more stress and anxiety that I'm already dealing with. Telling me "So you want to be obese and get your leg amputated?" or "You didn't look healthy when I saw you" or other things to shame me. (hyperbolic on their part). It's fucking hard. And I'm doing my best to mentally get myself in a place where I feel comfortable dealing with this.

The thing is she's been told by me countless times that I do not like it when SHE brings it up. Today I get a call because they visited me this weekend. I told her explicitly the day before that my weight is absolutely forbidden to discuss because I know exactly how that conversation will go.

So I get a call today and she brings it up. I tell her at a certain point I don't want to talk about it with her, or I hang up. Twice. What does she do? Doesn't listen. For the rest of the day now I feel nothing but anger and sadness because every time she fucking sees me or talks to me I KNOW that's on her fucking mind.

I want to get healthy for myself not for fucking anyone else.

>>18463214

Pal, there's a new thread every other day.

>You have the money

Yes.

>schedule your time to see a therapist a couple of times a week.

I can't.

>Nobody on here is going to listen to you bitch about your problem for hours on end, unpaid.

Go to /b/
>>
>>18463239
Shoot sounds like a cluster fuck. Do it for yourself & ignore your mom. If she says anything say,"yeah im focusing on me" or "i did it for me, not you". If she upset you theres nothing wrong with returning the favor. You do you, dont worry bout what others think. I dont know how bad you look, but Ive went my whole life with scars on my face... I cried about it a few times throughout my life. Nothing happened. So i just accepted myself and go about life. I hope you figure out whats best for yourself :)
>>
>>18463239
Go on omegle video chat and put depressed, help, and advice as your tags. You'll find people to help you there.
>>
>>18463207

Just saying, be careful with putting too much trust on a stranger online. Take care of yourself!
>>
>>18463413

I'm not going to be taken advantage of.
>>
>>18463417

Here's hoping you are right. Don't get too cocky, though. It can happen. A real shrink is limited by, you know, actually being there. But an internet stranger is not.
>>
>>18463239
Moms don't listen.
I mean I love my mom, but I know whenever I talk to her on the phone, I know she's just gonna ramble and I just say "Ahuh, yeah, you're right".

I'm a gym newfag.I only started last year. Here's what I learned about it
>start in small moves, you don't need to go full dedication the first month
>lifting makes you feel real good
>you don't lose weight by going to the gym
>you only lose weight in the kitchen
>lifting makes you feel real good
>>
It sounds like you need to establish boundaries with your mother. If she brings it up, shut her down. Every time. Don't let her talk about it. If she doesn't listen, tell her how her mentioning it makes you feel. And then tell her if she wants to still have a relationship with you, she'll cool it with the weight business.

But also. Your mother isn't trying to stress you out or bum you out. She's just being a concerned mom. She's most likely coming from a place of love, even if it's annoying as shit.

My sister and I have always been locked in a sort of unspoken competition in every aspect of life. For a while I was skinnier, but then it was her. She started bringing it up, again and again--"haha I look almost underweight or something!" I got tired of it. I told her I wasn't comfortable talking about that because it's a sensitive subject for me. She continued to talk about it. I've come to accept that that's just what she does, and it likely comes from a place of her not feeling so good about herself and so she flaunts being skinnier than me. If it bothered me more, I would distance myself from her and tell her that I will not maintain a relationship with her where she doesn't respect my wishes.
>>
>>18463207
>but I do not have time for one
I refuse to believe you don't have one, ONE hour a week for an appointment. If you really have issues at work just tell your employer to let you go for that one hour. Hell, if you're so pressed in time some therapists will give you one hour every two weeks.

I fully believe this is a matter of you looking for excuses to not go to therapy.
>>
File: meseeks.jpg (38KB, 555x360px) Image search: [Google]
meseeks.jpg
38KB, 555x360px
>>18463207
sounds like over working is your problem

you gotta learn to relax
>>
>>18463207
Op, if you are really on need of therapy and don't have time, then may I suggest my wife? She's still in school and top of her psychology department of 12,000 students. She was considering doing skype or online therapy on the side, so that would solve your time crises and help her make side cash so she can be productive as well.
>>
>>18463582
>>18463612
This is why I think it's more of a convienence issue. Op doesn't want to spend the single hour he has in his day in therapy. If you wor thst much you'll burn out if your leisure is also spent on errands and having to drive to some therapist. So that's why I suggest Skype or online therapy. I set set him up with my wife if he's really interested.

Also op, if you're in need of training there's /fit/ ofcourse, but I am also a certified personal trainer through A.C.E. and nutritionist. Consider thst if you will. My skype is AwakenedMind90
>>
>>18463406
Lurking, I'll try this. Not depressed, but a mess.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.