[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My struggle with morality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1435292897194.jpg (14KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1435292897194.jpg
14KB, 325x325px
I find myself in an inner struggle. One where if I follow my morality it will end up ruining my life. However if I choose to not follow it, it will destroy my sense of self worth.
I want to go back to college and do something with my life other than work whatever manual labor jobs are around. I currently financially support an alcoholic father who seems uninterested in taking care of himself. I have been paying $500 dollars a month for as long as I can remember for cigarettes and alcohol in addition to paying the household bills, while he spends his money (self employed) on his own interests (guns, relatively expensive ones). He's in somewhat bad shape and I don't know what kind of job he'd be able to handle, he has a vocal disability making it difficult for him to speak and several injuries he's neglected over the years that cause him a lot of trouble. Do I leave, and hope he will develop the willpower to look for and find a job, or work enough at his job to survive allowing me to start my life at 25? Or do I stay and take care of him, and continue to throw away my chances of happiness?
>>
What's stopping him from getting mental help? In any way shape or form. Going to groups, or seeing a drug counselor or something. Trust me I put it off a long time, and I've met people who lost parents because they didn't even try to get help. The longer you wait, the harder it gets to find something.
>>
He's a very stoic man, introverted and prefers to be alone. He finds psychiatry to be a joke and despises the idea A.A. As he doesn't and won't compare his problems with alcoholism. Alcohol does help his voice, but he drinks far beyond that point. He'll quit cold turkey for a couple weeks here and there but always falls off the wagon.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.