[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now what?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1477760851535.gif (133KB, 275x225px) Image search: [Google]
1477760851535.gif
133KB, 275x225px
Good evening /adv/!

Currently in my mid twenties, was a late bloomer and I've finally managed to set the foundation stones for my future and now im clueless

Little backstory first:

After graduating high school I was pretty much just NEETing or doing low payd short term jobs.
It was okay for me at that time but as I grew older in those two years, I wasted away, the switch finally flipped and I've felt that things need to change.

Yeah and it did!

Now I have a "okay" paid steady job
I've moved out of mums basement

>For every NEET out there that want's to change aswell, let this be your first goal!

I've got a broad friendcircle and achieved a healthy baseline of happiness, my social anxiety just swept away with me having to deal with all kinds of people at work everyday.

So now I'm there where I wanted to be two years ago, but now that I have what I've longed for so long, this nagging question remains inside my head "Now what?"

What comes next?
Where do I wanna go?
Who am I today?

The more I think about it, the more it hurts my head
I've reached my set goal and didnt look behind it.
Now what, fills my head with void.

But at the same time it fills me with bliss and agony.

Yeah, now what?

ITT: Help me in my lowkey existantial crisis and have a chat with OP, maybe I can help you with a thing or two
>>
You have your own place and a steady income, okay that is good. Next you should think about saving money, getting a vehicle and work a couple of years in getting more money in your pocket. How? Promotion or getting work experience at your position and then switching jobs for a higher paying gig. After that marriage and procreation. Find yourself a nice girl you share the same morals with and settle down with her. Raise a kid and do what most adults in first world countries do.
>>
>>18463005
Getting a car hmm..
Had it in the back of my mind, thanks for fishing that one out of the yonder

That'll be my next step forward, I guess
Still in a low debt rn but that'll be paid off in three months and then I could start my drivers licence

You know I want to become a selfmade man one day and I obviously need a good backup for that on my account.
so saving will be next in line after my drivers license.

Okay this helps me settle for the moment, marriage and stuff will be a thing of the future for now.
As I'm usually sabotaging my own relationships and I don't know why
>>
>>18462996
I was asking myself the same question a few weeks ago. I recently moved out with my bf and Im happy with my job & almost done with college. Now what?? Relax!! Thats what ive concluded, i need to relax and figure out what I want to improve. Do I want to improve my income? Get a new car? Go on vacation? Do something crazy? If all your basic goals are met, be happy with it! Dont dwell on what you should do next, instead think of what do you want to do next?? It could be something fun!
>>
>>18463061
That's a good advice!
Put things in a different perspective, thank you :)
>>
>>18463082
No problem! Try not to take errything so serious. When I do, it brings me to the brink of depression :P
>>
>>18463100
I'm glad I kicked the habit of going for drugs when troubled

It's very hard for me to get depressed or even offended in the slightest way, I'm just an easy going type of guy

And I guess that's the way it should be, I'm just gonna ride the waves for some time until I feel it's time to take the tugs in my own hands again
>>
>>18463121
Thats good! Seems like a sound plan :)

I wish you the best!
>>
>>18463005
> Raise a kid and do what most adults in first world countries do.

That's terrible advice. You shouldn't have a kid just because "most adults in first world countries do".

My contrarian belief: If your feelings on having kids aren't overwhelmingly "Yes I want to raise a kid and have the means and resources to devote my adulthood into bringing someone into this world and am willing to make sacrifices to do so", then simply do not have a child.

We live in a society with way too many kids being raised by parents who have no business raising them.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.