[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealing with loneliness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170628_001926.jpg (37KB, 720x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170628_001926.jpg
37KB, 720x600px
Here's something most of you might be familiar with: I feel incredibly lonely atm and can't bear it. What can I do?

My situation: Recently discovered the girl I love won't be "available" for what might be half a year or longer and I decided to hopefully get over her. Problem: She was my very best friend and I can't contact her now.

Lost my other best friend because she deeply destroyed my trust in her. This is nothing I can repair anytime soon.

My other friends are not that involved and I don't want to bug them permanently. Since I can act like I'm fine so well almost nobody knows anyway.

I am in therapy for depression but we just started five months back and didn't yet get to solutions, we first dug for the problems. And it's only once a week for an hour, what to do with the rest of the hours a week?

I lost interest in most of my hobbies due to the depression. When I am in the office I can work, but I don't want to go all the time.

What to do?
>>
Go to a gym
Pick up boxing(I attended only one lesson as of now and I'm having a grin on my face until now)
Learn an instrument
Get drunk fuck whores

That's the beginning. If that doesn't help then you find hobbies and meet people through them.
>>
>>18463011
I've been Mountainbiking the last weeks when I got free time.

I play the trumpet and the piano.
I got really drunk with my friends way too often the last few weeks, but omitted the fucking...

I sing in a choir and do many things where I know lots of people and friends from.

I did all this already and still feel so indescribably lonely and lost...
>>
>>18463028
Are you virgin?

Try new stuff out. Make new friends. Go to places and meet new friends.

I'm Guessing you don't have really close friends(same problem here).

It's hard to form these types of bonds but just try to get to know people better from your choir or other friend groups.
>>
>>18463039
No I'm no virgin, but one could not call the two times glorious. No feelings involved.

What I want is someone I can trust will always be there for me. I don't have anyone like that, not my parents and no one of the friends since I recently lost my two best friends.

But I was rather looking for ideas how to pass the time until it gets better or therapy pays off. Something to take my mind to somewhere else when I wait until I can go to bed.

No drugs, please. I tried some and won't use them regularly.
>>
>>18463057
I recommend guitar.

Or things like small animals, they pass the time and are fun(yes I'm talking about hermit crabs)
>>
>>18463066
Nice idea, didn't think about pets yet!

I just bought myself a loop station for vocals, I think I will try that one instead of a guitar (since I don't have one). Thanks a lot!

I am not sure if this only one guy, but if I can help you with something, just tell me?
>>
>>18463087
Yep one guy.

I don't know what I need help with, thanks though if something pops up I will post.

I'm 18 and only discovering myself one could say. A lot of things on my mind and it's such a mess I wouldn't know what to start off with.
>>
I made a thread about marrying young here on /adv btw so if you'd like to check it out then feel free to do so bro
>>
>>18463095
Then I will give advice on making friends, maybe it helps you, maybe not. Since I am rather popular maybe I can tell others how to be liked or something like that.

* Always be honest, no one likes liars. If you have to lie (and never lie about "big things" if someone asks), avoid it by saying something honestly positive about something different (like my dress? - the color is really cool).
* Tell bad puns and laugh the most about them. If you start making puns they will come easier and easier. Puns hurt no one (non-offensive humour) and everyone likes to laugh or hear someone laugh.
* Tell about your hobbies the way you feel about them. Don't be ashamed. But don't brag (broke my rule in the intro text, yes).
* Be interested in the others. This is most important! Remember small details (ofc not all of them) and connect new stories to the details you remembered. Even if there are only four or five things the other person will feel super special.
* Keep eye contact. Not creepy long stares, but many looks directly into their eyes. Turn to them while speaking, show the fitting emotions to their stories. This works like a charm and gets routine very quickly.
* Do them small favours without expecting anything. Like bringing a coffee, borrowing a book, walking their dog etc. This is advanced stuff.

Just some thoughts that came to me spontaneously. If they help someone that's cool, if they don't sorry for wasting your time!
>>
>>18463102
Will do!
>>
>>18463140
Thanks bro
>>
>>18462992
you sound like me. Stop filling your time with things that don't have a set goal.Use your brain for something usefull and grow.

and like >>18463140 mentioned Open up to other people
>>
File: feelme.png (155KB, 292x260px) Image search: [Google]
feelme.png
155KB, 292x260px
>>18462992
Hello there!
when you feel lonely,
know far away
anon believes in you.
As for the love issue, its cliche but plenty of fish out there. Plenty of times you find the 'one' but when they go , another one comes into picture.
Most important:
Better to walk than curse the road.
>>
>>18462992
Find new people that you think are interesting. That doesn't necessarily mean people to date or be romantically involved with, it's just people you can spend time with and that you enjoy spending time with.
Make sure they're new people that you meet through expanding yourself, and then maybe they'll reward you by helping you expand yourself even further.

From personal experience, even being romantically involved with someone won't make you not feel lonely. I'm in a relationship and I still feel lonely. I feel good and happy when I'm with my close friends, but when I talk to or am with her I feel alone. Don't rely on a single romantic connection to fix loneliness.
>>
>>18463185
Will try that, but when it comes to motivation my depression often blocks me. And I don't have that large life goals to be honest.

>>18463615
Thanks anon, that was motivating!

>>18463673
Although I know many people (OP is in fact >>18463140) maybe I should move on to other people? I feel like some of my friends are holding me back at some points. Thought about moving as well, as I live in my hometown since forever.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.