[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

guess i'm the good son

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 30691-greedy-child-1200.1200w.tn.jpg (129KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
30691-greedy-child-1200.1200w.tn.jpg
129KB, 1200x627px
so, in effect i'm the youngest of two. my brother and i are just over a year apart and now we're getting kinda old. I'm seeing someone, and I have a good job working at a start-up through a journey of really applying myself and also a bit of luck - i do well for myself and i'm able to save. i'm also divorced and paid out a lot of that.

my brother has 5 kids with three different women and is currently driving a cab trying to pay back the money he owes his school because he took his tuition to try and sell drugs or something.

this week he called me and told me he's going to be homeless and he'll need a place to shower and stuff and really i don't know what to do. i know that one month salary wouldn't put me too far off track, and it would make a huge difference to him but i'm scared given his past he would just waste it, or it's going to start a bigger issue with him (and the rest of my family) asking me for money - but i don't want him to be homeless while i'm here planning a retirement.

what do

tl;dr - brother's kind of not good at life, i'm doing well. give money or no?
>>
>>18462842

Both of you have been given so many chances at life. You've clearly made good decisions.

Time and time again, he has not. He has five fucking kids with three different women and literally cannot provide for them. Statistically speaking, they will most likely grow up to be complete utter fuckups in life as well.

He stole money allocated to his tuition to try and cheat his way ahead in life, and now he drives a cab to pay it back.

Let him drown. He doesn't deserve a handout. Life has given him too many chances. You don't owe him fucking shit, and if your family continues to enable his stupidity then he can drag them down with him.
>>
Don't give him anything. The dude's a fuckup leech, and if you help him now, he'll just spend the rest of his wasted life doing everything he can to crash on your couch and thanklessly take everything you've earned.
>>
If you take him in you'll be taking on the responsibility of him. My parents did this with my parents, 2 weeks turned into 4 months. When my dad asked the guy to leave he threw a fit all offended and went back to being a homeless person for another 10 years. Hes alright now, he's a grandfather and lives in a council flat in London.
I would say that if you feel like you have the willpower stored up to manage a month of him that it would be a very kind and brotherly gesture. But you must set the ground rules very clearly before he sets up camp. A brother should know to speak honestly with his own - he must agree and understand what you expect of him. A month is a generous amount of time to find a job if he's looking for anything to do for work. Help him and push him to strive for more and take control of his life.
Or don't, like these other anons said. It would take less effort on your part. But I thinj it would darken what relationship you have to refuse his help when he most needs it, and still asks for it.
>>
>>18463637
Oops sorry that's meant to say my parents did this with my uncle, my dad's brother.
>>
>>18463637
When he most needs it? I call bullshit. He needed help very early on. This might be rock bottom, but it's not close to when he could've avoided being a fuckup in life.

Again, OP, let this nigger die.
>>
He's family, anon. You know him better than the rest of us. As his only brother maybe you're the one person who could help him get on his feet. He sounds like a fuck up but in his defense, fuck-ups don't really want to be fuck-ups. They just fucked up.

It's really up to you. Your decision here will be a big reflection of your character. I can't really vouch for him though, maybe he is a lost cause. But he's your brother and I think family is as good as reason as any to lend out your hand.

You're both adults. You should be able to talk like adults. If you take him in don't let him get comfortable. Make sure to push him forward. If he falls into his old ways, at least you can say you tried.
>>
>>18462842
I've made the mistake you're about to make as the older brother. If he wants to shower or something, or hell borrow some clothes to do interviews or something, let him. Do not let him come over and shower or leave things at your house, do not lend him money. It will lead to a situation where you feel and look like an asshole to the people around you because you booted out your sympathy playup brother, if he's that kind of shithead.
>>
>>18463772
Don't let him come over and shower at will*, like a one time thing sure, but there are plenty of ways for someone to get a fucking bath that are homeless and your house is not the place for it.
>>
>>18463728
> He's family

Yeah. Hitler was family to someone too.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.