[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adhd medication

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1491698565942.jpg (32KB, 341x455px) Image search: [Google]
1491698565942.jpg
32KB, 341x455px
Hello I am taking adderall xr 20mg for my inattention and trouble concentrating, the issue is it is not helping at all. I've already tried vyvanse up to 50mg. Should I just take another medication until one fixes my issues?
>>
>>18462239
You and me both

For the first 2-3 months Concerta worked fucking great. The fog was lifted, I remembered shit and could actually concentrate on a task.

Ever since then tho I haven't been able to find that sweet spot. Been about 4 months now.

My Advice: Recognize that feeling it working and it actually working don't necessarily go hand in hand. Realize this, reevaluate if it is working or not by giving it another week or so.

You could try another medication if you wanted, just be sure to start low as possible and titrate upwards until you find the sweet spot. Also be sure to stay hydrated, stay away from acidic foods and take a multivitamin. ADD meds consume a lot of vitamins and minerals leaving the body depleted which is why I take one in the afternoon during lunch.
>>
adderall will feel like gold in a pill form for a few weeks, as if it's holding your hand through everything and everything is easy

then the feeling fades.
This is why people get addicted to it, they'll take a higher dose to keep chasing that "everything is so easy now it's doing everything for me" feeling.

It's still there, and it's still working, but after a while the initial effect will fade and then it's on YOU to put it to work. YOU have to put forth the effort and it'll provide the extra energy and concentration for YOU to go the final mile.
>>
>>18462255
I just feel retarded, sorry for complaining but I feel kinda dumb for not knowing how to fix it with medication. I notice to I get dry mouth and no matter the amount of water I drink it doesn't alleviate my issue.
Thanks for responding, what do you do when you don't concentrate? I notice I endlessly browse my pc or just watch anime.
>>
>>18462262
I seriously stated taking it last Tuesday. I just don't get why nothing is working. I am putting the effort forward, as in focusing on my work. But I still get distracted and bored immediately.
>>
>>18462264
When I can't concentrate there isn't anything I can do really. I exercise, take a cold shower, go for a walk, take a break, go to the library for a change of location and/or try coming back to it later.

Unfortunately I'm still trying to figure out the answer to that question. I was thinking of going the non-stimulant route but I can't do much right now cause I've got a failing liver which is just hilariously cruel because I'm young, don't drink or abuse medication and take great care of my body.

>>18462262
What does that stage feel like? What makes it different from the initial stage other than the go get em attitude?

After the gold 2-3 month stage I just got foggy brain and my memory and concentration plummeted. I have some other medical stuff going on that may have an affect but I feel it's more recent and wouldn't have had an affect in the in between time
>>
>>18462266
are you taking XR or standard?
>>
I've only ever taken XR and it worked great initially but I think my brain is just fried from being on it all day.

Would IR alleviate these symptoms and be more affective for me?
>>
>>18462298
Just started xr a couple days ago
>>
>>18462239
Try taking two 20 xrs. If that works, ask your doc to move you up to 30 xr.
50mg vyvanse is a pretty low dose. I think the lowest is 40mg, right? Max vyvanse dose is 70mg. So try higher doses.
>>
>>18462335
Thanks I'll try it. So far it's just made me sleeper and not helping with concentration I'll give it another week.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.