[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Currently have a pretty successful job I just keep climbing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: jcash.jpg (119KB, 916x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jcash.jpg
119KB, 916x1200px
>Currently have a pretty successful job I just keep climbing up because all it requires is my core skills.
>Never had an actual taste of South-west farming.
>There's a lot of ads on Craigslist to become a Farm-hand.
>Debating if I should just abandon what I have and accept a simpler life.

The problem is I'm not sure if this is a mistake or not, one hand I don't want go out there and find out I hate it, on the other I feel like putting my job on hold here will only fuck me over in the future.

But I just don't click with people out here because I'm so emotionally distant.
>>
File: jcash2.jpg (55KB, 453x600px) Image search: [Google]
jcash2.jpg
55KB, 453x600px
I guess a simpler question is, how do I cope with life even if a slight taste of success wealth isn't leading to anything new or exciting?
>>
You sound like you'll be happier living a simpler life and that's not a bad thing at all. I sometimes wonder about that kind of lifestyle myself, I'd love to have farming skills in case I actually need to produce my own food someday, and it'd be nice to be isolated from superficial society.
>>
How long can you hold out for in your current situation? In my opinion it's a lot more rewarding if you save money doing something boring for a few years and then not having to work for a period after.

You could save money now and lead a simple life later, without the insecurity.
>>
>>18462196
Easy life is what most wish for but then it turns out life without much money often isn't simple in the end. Get some srs reserves, then indulge yourself as farmer or whatever. Or you'll just learn five years down the road that you get replaced by. a robot and even with modest living you are in deep shit now
>>
File: sports-climbing_00217115.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sports-climbing_00217115.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>18462196
>climbing
>only core muscles
Wtf are you climbing, stairs?
Try climbing 5.13+ and see about 'core only'.
>>
>>18462359
Read the post again retard.
>>
>>18462196
Take it from me. Ive worked a lot of fucking jobs in a lot of fields varying greatly in prestiege. From shitworm to manager.

All the jobs suck for one reason or another, and the best jobs only make your 9-5 easier. Your home life and self satisfaction is entirely up to you after that.

Other than that you may he fantasizing. Farm work is hard repetitive mundane back breaking work. If youre the type who can keep yourself going on the "idea" youre making food for people and take pride in it, you might enjoy it. It may even bring immense sense purpose and satisfaction.

Be honest with yourself. Because if you aren't that exact dude, youll fucking hate it.

Unrelated pro tip: studies find the happiest people volunteer.

If youre doing well for yourself and still not feeling great, time to spend your weekends at the soup kitchen or cleaning garbage in parks, or hosting charity events, or at the shelter taking care of animals. Whatever rings your bell and means something to you.

But honestly a job is a job is a job. As long as its not causing stress that leaks over into your homelife, its perfect.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.