[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sort of love triangle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 220px-Simple_triangle.png (2KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Simple_triangle.png
2KB, 220x220px
I know this is pretty dumb but I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I (male) am good friends with A (female). I like A a lot and was planning on asking her out. I believe A is or at least was interested in me at some point. I haven't done anything up until now because I'm recovering from being a total recluse for the past few years and am still pretty socially incompetent. Yesterday I was having lunch with two of A's friends and one of them mentioned to the other that A was really interested in some guy I don't know. So I guess I'm in a sort of love triangle.

I already feel pretty discouraged because A is very outgoing and sociable and leads a fast and exciting life. Every weekend she's off on some crazy adventure. I'm the complete opposite, my life is very routine and most often lead in solitude. I honestly don't know why she even bothers with me.

I'd like to be more like her and am trying to be, but it's going to take time. The other guy, from what little I know of him, is more like her and would probably fit right into her life.

I'm not desperate for a relationship in general, it's her I'm interested in. I'm rarely interested in people.

Seems that taking this all into account I have three options:

1. Go for it.

2. Bury my feelings and keep being friends. I don't think I can realistically do this, I'll just end up jealous and bitter.

3. Stop being involved with A at all. This presents two complications. First, a lot of my friends are through her or at the very least know her. It would damage my social life as a whole. Second, A is such an incredibly kind and compassionate person that if I do this, she will try very hard to figure out why and "help" me. This will be painful. Again, I have no idea why she cares this much.

So what should I do? Seems like everything except successfully romancing her is going to cause me a lot of pain, and that seems to be an unlikely outcome.

Sorry this is long and quite possibly pathetic.
>>
>>18461932
Bury my feelings and keep being friends
Stop being involved with A at all

Something in the middle of this,it would be great with you could jus go for it, but you seem already have made your on mind.

If she's so special you could give it a try and change yourself to be more like her even if you both don't get in a relationship, seem like you want to change to something you consider better and should try be that person no matter what.

Also,
>Sorry this is long and quite possibly pathetic.

Be better than this
>>
>>18462292
,it would be great IF you could just go for it*
>>
This is not a love triangle at all, since none of the other two are even aware of your existence. That's two people and you sperging around them.
>>
>>18462292
Thanks, this is helpful. One of my problems is tending to dramatize everything so having a grounded voice is very appreciated.

>>18462311
Not helpful, but I laughed.
>>
has she given some sorts of hints that she likes you or is it just a vibe?
>>
Talk to her heart to heart and tell her
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.