[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal to feel after university is finished and you've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1493572141315.jpg (128KB, 1101x1234px) Image search: [Google]
1493572141315.jpg
128KB, 1101x1234px
Is it normal to feel after university is finished and you've settled into your career that all that's left to do is wait 20,000 days or so to die?
>>
Well, in a way, yes, though maybe you due earlier.

In another way you should be looking forward to the many happy moments you can experience.
>>
No, it's not normal. Now's the time to enjoy life.
>>
>>18461910
There's always room for advancement in your career. Don't settle so soon.
>>
Its normal even before uni, the trick is to find something you love doing. sometimes its a job and others is a hobby. Life itself doesn't have a meaning, its up to us humans to give it one.
Alexander the great, Napoleon, Atilla etc. were conquers, there were other people who fould out that helping others filled them with happiness. As for me I just want a house,wife, kids, pets and peaceful life. As i said its you to you if you're willing to die without doing anything meaningful
>>
>>18461910
Traveling helps me with this feeling anon. It's one of the few thing that makes me feel alive.
>>
I actually like your thought. I was mostly worried about being able to get my girlfriend into my country in a few years (she's relatively foreign).

So what can adults do? well 8 hours of the day is now gone, 5 days a week, and there's a minimum of 25 paid holidays a year (everywhere except the US) which isn't much. But you can now do all hobbies and things that cost money, 5 star hotels on tropical places are now on the map, parties still exist, visiting castles and temples is now considered less gay, so is having a nice bookshelf. You could always advance your career too, maybe take your company somewhere.
>>
yes

t. 24 y.o. with quarter million in liquid assets
>>
>>18461910
Right after I finished college I had some major existential crises. I was like "this is it. I just sit at this desk typing numbers... and then I die".

And like, there is a grain of truth to that. But just focus on your career though and move up in positions. As you get higher in position you're given more personal freedom in your work. It's at the lower tiers where they lock you down.

Management is usually a decent one to start getting personal freedoms. So is software development if you're in a more modern area.

But long and short is that you will get used to it, and remember that your time outside of work is 100% yours. You'll be ok anon.
>>
>>18461910
I finished uni two years ago and I really want to go back since I fucking hate my career choice. So no, I don't think so.
>>
>>18461910
Anon the people in this thread telling you to live a peaceful or happy life might as well be dead. Seeking happiness can hardly be said to be living.

Was there a reason you went to university? Or did it just feel like the "thing to do?" A lot of people in university don't feel like life has really started yet, and that their lives actually begin once they leave uni.

If you're one of those people, and there was no reason you went there, you need to do so literal soul-searching. There are nameless, indescribable, bizarre things inside you that, if focused on, will drive you to do something for its own sake. If you focus on these passions and cultivate them so they don't run wild you can ride them to purpose in life.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.