[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucked myself financially and I don't know what to do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: img_BoC_Currency_14.jpg (97KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
img_BoC_Currency_14.jpg
97KB, 1280x768px
Long story short:

>Decent with money, always have spare funds
>I want to make people happy and I try to assist people in any way that I can
>Friends and family come to me for "help"
>End up loaning out over $3,000 to a handful of people
>Been weeks, I keep pestering these people
>"Yeah, i'll get that to you Monday."
>Monday rolls around, the date changes to Friday
>Friday rolls around, date changes to Wednesday
>Rinse and repeat

On top of that..

>Went camping last weekend
>I'm the only one with a licence/car
>Bring 9 people with me as they all said they would pitch in and help with supplies/money
>All but one did not
>Another $600 in the hole

I'm a goddamned idiot and a sucker. I was warned by many people that I would dig a huge hole for myself and they were completely correct.

I have rent to pay, car/insurance payment, etc. and all together I need to come up with something like $1,500 by next Monday at the absolute latest. I get paid next week but that will only be about $900 and it won't be until Thursday. I have already sold off any item of value that I had that I did not need.

What the fuck do I do now? I'm contemplating whoring myself out on CL or something but I'd really rather not..

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>18461851
>Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
Stop considering yourself decent with money, you are not.

From there, stop giving out money unless someone will literally starve or die without it. Being friends doesn't mean you need to pay their way.
>>
Guilty trip them. Tell them how much you need the money and that you may have serious problems(exaggerat as much as possible). If this doesn't work i suggest you pick your frend better, as for the camp you should have checked if they had the money beforehand. Never camp or do anything that involves money with others unless you KNOW they'll pay
>>
>>18461851
Why didn't they pitch in with camping money and why are you going anyhow if you can still expect to pay like $100 that you can ill afford?

Keep your life cheap or yes, do jobs. I personally find prostitution just okay, but YMMV on that end, and so may your society's opinion. So maybe sell some of your shit instead.
>>
>>18461851
Why don't you listen to people's advice? That's what you seriously need to find out. What compelled you to ignore people trying to help you?
>>
>>18461871
PS: Yes, you now sell items that you "need".
>>
>>18461863

>Stop considering yourself decent with money, you are not.

But I am. I've never missed any sort of payment and (up until this shit) I've always had spare cash floating around.

Yes, I agree with you. I was told the exact same thing by others - I suppose I held too much faith in these other people/family members. I really thought they would pay me back on time.

>>18461869
Tried guilt tripping them - it's impossible to squeeze money out of a rock. I have already vowed to cut these people out of my life regardless if I get the money back or not.

>>18461871
They didn't pitch in because they're terrible people. They all went and spent their money on booze/drugs and left me to foot the bill. I've already sold all of my possessions that held any value.

>>18461874
As I said above, I held faith in these people. Some of them are family and others are "close friends" after all. I truly thought they would pay me back in the time frame they originally gave me. Obviously I was wrong and I've learned from my mistake.

>>18461875
What, like my car or my laptop? I need both of these for my job. I have already sold my desktop, cameras, video games/consoles, books, etc.
>>
>>18461887
> They didn't pitch in because
> booze/drugs
I guess then you might have known beforehand.

> like my car or my laptop
Like your bed minus mattress or other furniture. But arguably I maybe just am not expecting you to have been thorough about selling surplus stuff because many aren't. Plus you'll have to make the balance sheet work again either way, if this isn't just a once off expense but a constant thing you might just have too little income.

Apart form being more restrained about expenses, you'll probably need more income, be it work in a factory or prostitution or something else that isn't perfectly respectable.
>>
>>18461887
Its obvious they wont pay you back the full volume of what you gave them. If they had the money they wouldn't ask you for it. Instead try squeezing a it little by litte.
For example ask for 50 out of the 500 Greg owns you
>inb4 already did

I guess you could blackmail them but i doubt it will work as guilty tripping them didnt

Maybe take them forcefully or change your admitted to threatening but thats up to you if you're willing to commit a crime or are serious enough to scare them

Btw i found the root of your problem
>They didn't pitch in because they're terrible people. They all went and spent their money on booze/drugs and left me to foot the bill.
What do you expect drom ppl who spend all night doing drugs and destroying they're livers
>>
A bit word of wisdom, the family and "close friends" should always be avoided as much as possible with the topic of moneyloan, no exception. You'll have hard time getting it back from them as you've experienced yourself.
Also, IF you've got no choice but dealing with them, make sure any legal paperworks/conracts are set before, you've to be professional even if it'd make them call you a stuck-up or an ass.

Do you have any paper with their signature, IOU or something that could help law enforcement on your side?
If not keep trying to guilt-trip them, be as loud as necessary do some shady shit like blackmail or vandalism if it's required.
I do not condone you to do some crime if it's not necessary, but you don't want to come as a doormat in this kind of matter, or they'll keep coming back one way or another. It doesn't matter if you're getting your money back or not, your dignity comes first to be restored.

As for getting some money to get by, I recommend to hold the idea of prostituting yourself. Not trying to be moral, but it's not as easy as it'd look to be, and besides the risks are quite big with homicide, STDs, and lots of other shady shit. You might want to minimize your problem first.
Pawn your surplus stuffs you've got lying around to patch things up. Get a side jobs/overtime to get more money, and be frugal. If you're that desperate, try to get a loan as little as possible from bank/leasing to help patch some things temporarily.
>>
Never loan money you can't afford to lose and never loan money to people you are close to that you expect to get back. Also as the other anon said, you aren't good with money. Paying your bills on time doesn't mean you are good with money, its just the threshold for being a functioning adult.

Chalk this as an expensive lesson in being a doormat OP. Don't let it happen again.
>>
>>18461936
> homicide
Shit, the 0.001% annual chance of getting murdered isn't what you are worried when you prostitute yourself. Be realistic, you have a bigger chance of dieing or getting disabled one a construction site. STD are of course a hazard but you need to be strict about disease control anyhow, the business requires it as much as you not using rotten meat in your burgers as a burger flipper.
>>
>>18461936
yeah this.

an expensive lesson, OP. don't be a soft touch. try and claw back what you can from these vultures, and don't do it again. be loud and upfront, this is your livelihood we're talking about, not some disposable cash.
>>
>>18461851
This is why having good friends are necessary, so then you and two to three others can go to them and BEAT THE FUCK OUTTA THEM, and demand to give them your money. You think gangsters got their money back by saying please? You think loaners got their money back by asking nicely? No, they either threatented them or seized their assets until they got their money back.
>>
The rule of thumb is to never loan money that you can't expect to lose. In other words, you always needed to consider that your friends and senpai would not pay you back -- as they did here.

There's no point in going over the past. You can only change the future. So don't duped anymore. For example, on your camping trip, you should've asked for the money up front. Whenever I've done trips with friends/relatives, we front the money upfront to AVOID drama later. If you don't have money for a trip, then you shouldnt be going on it, and trying to scam others.

Well, it's useless doing a post mortem on your mistakes. Are you seriously considering prostiuting yourself? Are you a chick or a guy? If a guy, DO NOT do it. Many homosexual people have STDs/HIV. Gay sex is the most risky, no question.
>>
You need to cut your losses and cut these people out of your life. See it as tuition for a life lesson. Thinking about it, and keeping in touch with these people will bring you grief and it will eventually bring you down in some way to their level. They will hinder your success. Do not let them. Dump them.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.