[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After 5 years leaving fiance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

I feel like shit guys. I have been with my fiance for 5 years, engaged only 1. We live with each other, our family have already met each other. We are planning to get married in a few months. I am not saying the engagement has everything to do with it but I feel as if I fell out of love with her.

I am an introvert and I deal with things by myself, like my father and his father. We are stoic and don't really talk about emotions. We usually do things to express ourselves such as buying gifts, working on cars (in my case computers) when upset. I used to live in the country where I would hunt, fish, and camp almost every other week. Since I moved into the city there's not much for me to do besides focus on other things I like to do such as writing, programming, and playing around with Linux.

Now my fiance is a city girl, through and through. She loves going to the mall, going to happy hour, shopping. She tried to read my writing but she always says she doesn't understand it and the only time I took her fishing she complained the entire time. I feel like the pressure of fake smiling for our family as we announced our wedding had made me realize I am not in love with her. I do love and car for her but I am not in love with her.

I fear if I call off the wedding hers and my family would resent me and i would break her heart. But I know with her I will not be happy.

I'm not really sure how to approach this. My gut is telling me just drop everything and leave town to avoid the shitstorm. But again I am not sure how to tackle this issue.
>>
Man this is some deep shit. I don't know how to approach this. It seems like if you act out on how you feel, no matter what you do you will piss a lot of people off.
>>
>>18461536
Yeah I'm one of those fools who is too guilty to leave.
>>
>>18461525
>My gut is telling me just drop everything and leave town to avoid the shitstorm. But again I am not sure how to tackle this issue.
Is this an option? You might be able to leave for a month and spin this as a "soul searching" thing. Or you might be able to fake depression until she leaves you naturally. The only thing you can do in this situation is some sort of theatrical move desu. Every thing else will make you look like an ass to both families
>>
The vast majority of city women, especially ones who are not first-generation immigrants, are whores. Your gut feeling is absolutely correct. And real men go with their gut.
>>
>>18461558
I don't really care about my family that much and her family always hated me to start with because they thought and still think I'm awkward because I don't hug or talk much. I feel like I'm stuck between two worlds.
>>
Don't do it, please
I came out of a 5 year serious relationship about 6 months ago and it feels just as bad as the day it happened. I wake up and instantly deel drained. I actually lost my job over not being able to function properly. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. I feel so bad for your fiance right now.
>>
>>18461569
Then just break it off. It's not worth throwing your life away with this person. Just tell her you don't love her anymore. They will be pissed off, but as long as they aren't crazy they will get over it eventually
>>
>>18461525
I'd end it. You're only wasting your time and your fiancées time by sticking around if you don't truly love her. There's no point living a life in which you feel unhappy and if you stick around this is probably your destiny. I don't think you should let your family or hers influence your decisions. It's your life and you should do the things you want to do and be with the people you want to be with.
>>
Just tell her that before getting married you first have to change your habits to be closer and share more maybe ?
You need to realise that using "love" concept as an excuse for being egoist is not the original purpuse of the thing, it's more like a companionship that you have to entertain once passed the passionate stage
>>
I think I made my choice of just leaving town and start anew in the south.
>>
File: 1491344826047.jpg (72KB, 591x472px) Image search: [Google]
1491344826047.jpg
72KB, 591x472px
>I fear if I call off the wedding hers and my family would resent me and i would break her heart.
>>
>>18461660
How many times are you going to post this. I'm the only (you) you've gotten so far with this
>>
>>18461660

>caring about your gfs family and her feelings
>cuck

wow sure smells like retard in here
>>
>>18461525
Your reasons for wanting to throw away a 5 year relationship sound incredibly shallow. I think you're just scared of getting married.
>>
I really think that you should talk to her about how you are feeling. You have spent 5 years with this girl and you should owe her the common courtesy of at least being upfront with her if you're just planning to leave
>>
I have an idea but I need to ask you a question first. Do you own a gun?
>>
>>18461525
what about couples counselling?
>>
>>18461525
You've got cold feet, pussy. Man up, you've been together 5 years shit didn't suddenly just change.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.