[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Becoming a Renaissance Man Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1627.jpg (79KB, 625x796px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1627.jpg
79KB, 625x796px
How do I tap into my latent potential? What kinds of behaviors/habits would make me more appealing? I'm not ugly, I've always been intelligent, I workout regularly with weights and martial arts, and I'm a talented artist and writer. But I feel as though there's a great emptiness in me, and the wells run dry for the past few months with women (going to be 23) as I've had trouble really connecting with people.

How do I become a well rounded polymath, what kinds of things should I look into to be more interesting and intelligent? What life skills can I learn now or expand upon? Is Tinder a good idea?

Any advice would be helpful
>>
First you should get a degree if you don't have one.
>>
File: 1483314997386.jpg (694KB, 1024x988px) Image search: [Google]
1483314997386.jpg
694KB, 1024x988px
>>18461156
>What kinds of behaviors/habits would make me more appealing?

So instead of pursuing knowledge and skills to feed an insatiable curiosity to learn, you want to be appealing to women?
Would you still have the same motivations if you were trying to attract men? no, not sexually but as a means to be admired and respected?

I don't intend to be snide, but you aren't gonna get far my dude.

The closet man I know who fits the description of 'Renaissance Man' is my mechanic.

Even though he speaks in laymen terms and his descriptions are often unsophisticated, he's passionately curious about anything mechanical, which then led him towards electronics, hydraulics he learned to be competent at college level mathematics to understand further concepts, the dude can competently fly airplanes and helicopters, para-gliders, gyro-copters. Last I heard he was offered a bridging program/scholarship to by a university. He knows his machines and his love for them led him to do things that you wouldn't imagine a mechanic doing.

My point is, people who you describe tend to remain unseen. Its a shame, I know, but that's just the way they are.
They don't care about fame or fortune or attention, just another venture and avenue to pursue.

But anyways, I wish you all the best in your pursuits.

Oh, and obligatory.
> Money
> be urself XD
> Face,frame, height
etc etc
>>
>>18461223
Fpbp
>>
>How do I become a well rounded polymath?

Literally impossible, every field requires too much knowledge to be a polymath these days.
>>
>>18461589
I want to learn for the sake of learning, to be unique, etc.

The women thing is merely one small factor. I happen to think being good with women is just another aspect of being a polymath, and I'm definitely not a Lethario yet. Knowledge and self imrovement are far more important, bagging women would be a side effect
>>
>>18461156
Well academics are really the only things that can make you more intelligent, so. When it comes to being interesting that's purely subjective.
>>
>>18461156
>>18462229
Anon you sound like you want to be a special snowflake, pardon me if I am wrong. But you should try to become knowledgeable because you want to rather than for a modus operandi.

If you want to actually develop skills, here is a good list.

>stop browsing 4chan
>stop gaming
>stop wanking
>read one book per week, then two books per week
>pursue a good degree (accounting, IT, Business)
>pick up a real hobby like a sport or hiking
>join local clubs
>exercise regularly and/or join a gym
>eat well
>sleep well

Things will fall into place then.
>>
>>18462864
>Wanting to better yourself with life skills and knowledge makes you a special snowflake

Yeah....no. I'm doing this for myself because I just spent a year recovering from severe depression and DPDR. I finally feel well enough again to do everything I can.

I already lift heavily every other day and do martial arts twice a week. I eat and sleep fine. I'm also a writer and an artist (aspiring). I want to capitalize on my potential for myself, the other stuff comes as a side effect. Thanks for answering though.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.