[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talking to girls about religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

Hey /adv/, I just did the scariest thing in my life; I talked with a girl I've been talking to about Christianity, about God. We had matched on Tinder and been having a great time snap chatting each other and I asked when she wanted to go on a date and she said she needed time. I inquired, and she said she wanted to know me better before doing that so I laid it out for her: aspirations, politics, religion.

I told her I was a Christian and abstinent and she was neutral with that; she said she was raised Catholic but didn't do much since leaving her home.

I tried discussed her relationship with Jesus, but she said she was uncomfortable about it. Talking about intimacy and celibacy, she said she wasn't a virgin and wouldn't tell me how often, but that she hadn't in a while. She said she didn't think it would work between us, but when I said that I wasn't persecuting her and that I like her, she continued.

After a little while of talking about my faith and believing if Jesus was real, she said she didn't want to talk about it anymore. After that, I asked her if she still wanted to see me, and that I wanted to see her, but if she didn't I'd move on. She said she still needs time to get to know me and said she needed to lay down, which I presume is her thinking about it/ talking with her sister or something.

I feeling strange; I feel sad that she isn't close to God, that she might run away fearing my faith, yet feel imboldened in Christ and closer to God, putting our relationship on the line to stay true to my savior. I'm both worried and calm, afraid of loneliness but soothed with my faith.

What do you people think? I'm still insecure about many things about what's transgressed, your opinions are well valued to me.
>>
>>18460431
you were upfront and respectful and confident, sounds like you did a good job anon
>>
You sound like such a sweetheart OP. You did the right thing, be patient.
>>
How can you reconcile Christianity being the Word of God with the actual literal history of the Church?
How can you believe in Christianity with St. Ambrose's antics?
Or the Nicean council?
Or the Arian Heresy?
>>
File: 1464788738846.jpg (196KB, 640x460px) Image search: [Google]
1464788738846.jpg
196KB, 640x460px
>>18460431
>this is how stupid your average religious person is
OMG LOL.
>>
>>18460431
You sound like a good boy. Usually, girls don't go for that. Don't settle for the whore. Find a girl at your local church. Tinder is mostly for hookups.
>>
>>18460457
I know man has done terrible thing under the claim of Christianity, and I don't condone such actions. Honestly, I don't know much about the examples you've given me, but if they were heinous, it was because of the perversion of man, not Christ. I follow and study His Word first and foremost; religion can be poisonous to those who do not follow His teachings.
>>18460469
I saved that picture, it was pretty funny
>>18460445
>>18460453
>>18460473
Thank you for your kind words
>>
quality b8/
>>
>>18460506
>Honestly, I don't know much about the examples you've given me
How can you be Christian if you don't know these things?

These aren't heinous evil things.
They're the basic fundamentals of the Church.

St Ambrose was a Roman bishop during the 4th century. He manipulated the Emperor Theodosius into making Christianity into a State function. (Long story about that).
The Nicean council was in 325 under Constantine (who himself used Christ as a manipulating tool) who wanted to unify the Church under him after the Arian heresy.
And the Arian heresy was a shit storm after the Romans allowed open Christ worship.
Basically, it broke down to two camp. One saying that Christ was the son of God where He didn't exist before He was born and the second saying that Jesus was God in human form and that Christ existed at all times before, during, and after His human life.
The latter won during the Nicean council, which you know since the latter is modern Christian doctrine.

The more you learn about Christianity, the more you realize it isn't something divine given to humans. Why is Christianity the Truth when it can't even decide among itself? Just 50 years since Christianity was legal in the Roman Empire did it have its first civil war.

And that's supposedly within living memory of Christ Himself.
Shouldn't it have been obvious?
>>
>>18460431
You sound alright, anon.
>>
>I talked with a girl I've been talking to
>>
>>18460546

>Fun fact, Christianity and Catholicism are two different things
>>
>>18460571
Try again heretic scum.
>>
>>18460573

No seriously. Nowhere in the Bible does it say to worship and pray to Mary and to have to pay indulgences for sins and the other bullshit Catholicism tried to instate as part of their religion.

They're vastly different.
>>
>>18460583
No where in the Bible does it say to pray to Jesus either
Bitch
>>
>>18460583
>falling for the prot lies
>>
>>18460571
Catholicism IS Christianity
Protestantism is just Catholicism with less politics
They're entirely the same in beliefs and function
The only differences is that Protestants believe the King is living God and the Catholics believe that the Pope is living God

Disobey either and go to Hell
>>
>>18460583
>one chance in life
>chooses not to believe in One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church

The voodoo blasphemy Protestants do in their obscene rituals certainly isn't Christianity if that's what you're >implying.
>>
>>18460431
I'm sorry but why're you on tinder if you're celibate?
Side note god is dead.
>>
File: IMG_6080.png (270KB, 491x456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6080.png
270KB, 491x456px
>>18460546
I do not need the history of man to verify what the Word tells me; everything you described still was the actions of man, not that necessarily of Jesus. Hating Christianity for a few zealots is the same as avoiding a tv show because of the fan base. The show itself may be worth praise, yet you never give it a chance because of all of the rule 34 tumblrinas have made with their perverted minds. Maybe you should give it a chance.
>>18460549
Thanks for your kind words anon
>>18460625
I live in a rural area and don't get to interact much with many women, so to the internet I went.
P.S. He is very much alive, and He loves you anon
>>
>>18460431
Wow... ok man.
At least you're up front about what you're looking for. Not sure Tinder is the best way to get that tho :)

Be careful tho, you're challenging ppl's beliefs and values by even having these discussions so always keep in mind how you'd feel if the tables were turned, and you were say talking to a girl who was a passionate atheist.
>>
>>18460652
But you can't watch the show
The show ended 1970 years ago
All you can do is read the reviews since

Why do you think you have the unadulterated view of Jesus and God?
>>
>>18460431
Your words may have saved her immortal soul. Well done.
>>
>>18460881
top kek
>>
video related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdkSnT12F0g
>>
>>18460431
>Jesusfags on Tinder
Kek, why even bother with Tinder if you're going to let some sky-daddy cuck you.

>Talking about intimacy and celibacy
>On TINDER
>but she said she was uncomfortable about it
No shit, sherlock. She wants to be fucked, not some limp-dicked faggot. Wow, christfags are stupid.
>>
File: 1471200247965.jpg (111KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1471200247965.jpg
111KB, 500x667px
>>18460431
I'm very sorry to break this to you buddy.

But religion is a hoax. People like you believe in it because you don't understand moral theory or you are trying to get a shortcut to very complicated answers. The real answers take time and effort.

Once upon a time early cultures had very short life spans and few people could read. The answer to this was to try to compress all important knowledge into a very memorable story so people would remember it. This sometimes even encompassed things like what you should eat. Early cultures often thought the sky controlled things because the same constellations showed up when crops were readynto harvest.
>>
Is Christfag still here?
I want to tell him that I want to believe
>>
>>18461009
I'm heading to bed soon, but I want you to know God does exist, and He loves you. You may feel alone and abandoned, like He isn't real or doesn't care, but it's quite the opposite.
We are His bride, and like any good relationship, you must put yourself out there whole-heartedly and honestly to experience true love. Lying to Him and yourself does no good and just strains your own happiness. You must study the Word and pray earnestly to God over and over, with true desire. It may be days, weeks, months, or years before your prayers are answered; this thought is scary, but so is the pursuit of finding the special one in your life.
True devotion and faith will light your way to salvation, and He will be and is walking beside you everyday. Desire Him and He shall reward you with His presence. I have faith in you anon, like how God loves you; it is assured.
Have faith, and He will show Himself unto you.
>>
>>18460652
>I do not need the history of man to verify what the Word tells me
You only know the Word form what men tell you

Tell me honestly, how do you think you know the Word of God?
>>
>>18460431
>Hey /adv/, I just did the scariest thing in my life; I talked with a girl I've been talking to about Christianity, about God. We had matched on Tinder and been having a great time snap chatting each other and I asked when she wanted to go on a date and she said she needed time. I inquired, and she said she wanted to know me better before doing that so I laid it out for her: aspirations, politics, religion.
>I told her I was a Christian and abstinent and she was neutral with that; she said she was raised Catholic but didn't do much since leaving her home.
>I tried discussed her relationship with Jesus, but she said she was uncomfortable about it. Talking about intimacy and celibacy, she said she wasn't a virgin and wouldn't tell me how often, but that she hadn't in a while. She said she didn't think it would work between us, but when I said that I wasn't persecuting her and that I like her, she continued.
>After a little while of talking about my faith and believing if Jesus was real, she said she didn't want to talk about it anymore. After that, I asked her if she still wanted to see me, and that I wanted to see her, but if she didn't I'd move on. She said she still needs time to get to know me and said she needed to lay down, which I presume is her thinking about it/ talking with her sister or something.
>I feeling strange; I feel sad that she isn't close to God, that she might run away fearing my faith, yet feel imboldened in Christ and closer to God, putting our relationship on the line to stay true to my savior. I'm both worried and calm, afraid of loneliness but soothed with my faith.
>What do you people think? I'm still insecure about many things about what's transgressed, your opinions are well valued to me.
You are sad she isn't close to god..
Do you know everything you read and every traditions are with high probability all BS, right ? Fait is just another word for desillusional.
>>
>>18460431
christfag gtfo

derive your morals from something more than a book and its sky jew
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.