[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frig off ya goobers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

A couple of years ago my fiance died. I've gone through the stages of grief and all that fun stuff, but family and friends keep dropping hints that I should start dating again.

The thing is, I have no interest in it. I barely even have a desire for flings. I'm happy like this but nobody else in my life believes me, I understand that it's their concept of "helping" (even to the point of playing matchmaker) but they can't seem to accept no for an answer.

It's frankly getting irritating and I don't know what to do about it without alienating everyone.
>>
>>18460426

no matter which direction you go in life people are always going to bug you about /something/.

so you can always just drop the subject when it comes up, but it sounds like you indulge it to some degree, not that you agree iwth them bu if you engage with someone they will continue to talk. arguments are made by two people who disagree and want it to be known. when one of them doesn't want to argue he doesn't just keep saying his opinion, he simply exits.

can it be alienating? definitely. decide whats more important cuz there's no magic third option that gets them to stop.
>>
>>18460426

Tell them in a calm but firm voice that you have no interest in dating - and when you do, you'll be the first to let them know.

Explain it to them like you explained it to us.
>>
>>18460438
>>18460441

I have flat out said no, that's is the part that's driving me bonkers. "He must be saying he's not interested because he's still sad" etc is the vibe I get from them whenever any form of the subject is brought up. No seems to mean "he's just not ready yet" to them.
>>
>>18460461

a lot of people are under the impression that life is about monogamous relationships and that if you arent in one then your life is suffering and only spent searching for another one.

unfortunately like i said this is your cross to bare. you can try to explain it, you can try to get angry, you can put your foot down, but ultimately they're going to act the way they want.
>>
>>18460477
Such is life I guess. I just didn't want to be known as "that guy who couldn't move on" to them when I know that's not the way things are.

Thanks for the help though
>>
>>18460503

you could always date and then break up with her 3 months in to show you moved on but just arent finding the right girl but thats more effort than its worth and kinda defeats the purpose.

such is life indeed.
>>
>>18460461

I'm not saying "tell them no." I'm saying explain exactly why you're not interested in dating right now. It doesn't matter what vibe you get. The next time someone makes a hint or suggestion at dating, look them in the eye.

"Okay. I know you guys want me to date and to move on, and I get that you're trying to help. I don't want to date. I have moved on, but I don't want to date right now. If I do, I'll come to you and ask if you can be my wingman."
>>
>>18460543

>"until then, and I mean this in the nicest way I can possibly say this, fuck off about it. Okay?"
>>
What is the OP image trying to say?
>>
>>18460556
embrace the maccy cheese obviously
>>
>>18460556

>mac and cheese it's time to go back

I thought it was pretty straightforward to me.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.