[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Joining the US Army

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1424475364091s.jpg (5KB, 250x244px) Image search: [Google]
1424475364091s.jpg
5KB, 250x244px
Im meeting with a recruiter tomorrow. Whats the timeframe for the entire enlistment process? In other words, how long between meeting my recruiter and being shipped off to boot camp?
>>
>>18459691
That'll depend on your MOS.
They want it so when you finish bootcamp you can immediately go to AIT.

I went Infantry (11B) and from enlistment to shipping out was like 1.5 months.

The Army isn't too bad, but REALLY look into it. I'm enjoying myself, but I got a shitty duty station. It's long hours of hard work and for me it's in 95+F.

Look into the other branches.
Or pick an MOS that won't require backbreaking work
>>
>>18459691
The ENTIRE timeframe tho, including ASVAB and medical screening... probably 2-3months.

Try hard on your ASVAB so you can have a wide selection of jobs available. Don't be afraid of white lies at MEPS, if it's not in your paperwork they won't find out about it.

The recruiter might seem like your friend and he might be cool as fuck... but just remember this is his job, he deals with dozens of you. He just wants to get you in the Army.

I'd say pick a relaxed job, Infantry might look and sound cool, but there's so much bullshit that comes with it.

It's up to you if you wanna treat it like a 9-5 job... if you do, pick a relaxed job.
If there's a job you want and it isn't in your list of options, don't settle for something.

I chose infantry and got the hell out of my small town, but I could've picked literally any job that I wanted... it's whatever.
>>
those in the military or have served, how much free time do you get? I understand you have basic training and MOS training, plus being stationed, but Ive had to live at home for the past few years and want to experience going out and partying every once and a while since im still in my 20s
will I get to do this? I cant ask a recruiter for obvious reasons
>>
>>18460337
Oh dude fuck yeah. My day to day is:

-Wake up at 5 and report to work at 5:45
-Workout as a platoon
-Have breakfast and chill out from 7:45 till 8:45 when I report to work in uniform.
-Work till 11:30, get lunch until 13:00
-Work until like 16:00 or 17:00.

After work you can do whatever the hell you want. Play vidya, go to the gym, get drunk.

On weekends everyone in the barracks will probably party. My barracks has guys that have kiddy pools outside and drink all day in them.

As long as you don't do anything stupid and don't get caught underage drinking... you can party as much as you want on the weekends
>>
>>18460337
Cont.

I'm still fairly new to my duty station, so I haven't partied much. But my buddies go to house parties all the time.

There will usually be big college campuses near duty stations with hot college girls
>>
>>18461044
>>18461051
im 22, so underage drinking isnt a problem. I want to go out to bars and get laid and mingle and all that shit. Id be going for infantry (possible ranger MOS) so idk if that changes anything. Ive been living at home to support my parents so my social life is pretty nonexistant. I really, really want to join I just dont want to go from a strict household to another one and I spend my mid twenties not living it up
>>
>>18461930
Really look into Infantry and Ranger option.
Infantry will be a lot of sucking, spending a good amount of time in the field.
Rangers are famous for their hazing, so you might be miserable if you make it to the 75th regiment.

It may sound boring, but look at POG jobs. You might find something you like, keep an open mind
>>
>>18462047
im still a year and a half away from graduating anyway, so I have time. Im still not entirely sure on what branch either, but ive always wanted to be in the army. If I wanted a POG type job I wouldnt be joining at all
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.