[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life is a clean slate right now. Tips?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: yLCVcFn.png (83KB, 513x289px) Image search: [Google]
yLCVcFn.png
83KB, 513x289px
So I just got back from college about a month ago. I attend a school that is a whole day's drive from home, so I lived an entire different life at college. None of my friends at college live near my home, so we just text here and there. They're pretty normie, so no gaming or chatting online. Meanwhile, my close friend group at home has gone to absolute shit. I knew about this beforehand, but TWO of them came out as transgirls while I was gone. One of them has become a cringey, autistic anime girl. I have no desire to hang out with them anymore. They're not the same person I befriended years back. The other is pretty alright, but they insist on presenting female, and get upset if they have to wear even unisex clothing like T-shirts and shorts. As a result, I can't invite them over or family will know (they knew who they were before they came out, also they havent started HRT). In addition, two big sperglords in the group have sealed themselves off from the outside world, and we never can establish contact. Last person in the group is nice, but she has ADHD and can never stick with anything for longer than 15 minutes. She bought a Switch and Mario Kart, and we played three races before she got bored and went to play WoW on her pc. We own a lot of the same games, but she's never in the mood to play. We mostly just mess around and watch Youtube videos. It's a good time filled with laughter. We're close, and I enjoy her company.

So here's my dilemma: I need some non-normie friends. Where do I meet gamers? For online gaming and couch multiplayer. Preferably a mix of male and female. I need people who I can swap memes with, talk about/play games, both tabletop and digital. I have a lot of online friends on Discord, but it's not the same. We just play League and Overwatch cause those are the only games we have in common. I've tried going to MtG, Smash and, god forbid, Yugioh tourneys to meet people, and everyone there is just so... weird. And unfriendly.
>>
>>18459610
local comic shops for tabletop games.
>>
Finding people with common interests and similar mindsets at the same time is hard enough online, let alone in real life. I tried to find some people to play videogames with too, but utterly failed. Even my friends who are quite familiars with gaming only do it occasionally (like they play one our or so a week), and the main reason for that is time. The more you grow up (and have to commit to studying or working), the less time you have for non remunerative hobbies. Because of that many of the people who are passionate on gaming and spend much time on games are sucked in by those and become obsessive unfriendly weirdos with no real life opportunities, and it's sad, since with just a little self control and planning you can find time for everything. To my experience, to answer your question, you're either insanely lucky to meet someone like that in casual places or you have to give up like I did, since it seems that I'm the fucking only human being who can study while having hobbies in this area
>>
>>18459683
You hit the nail right on the head, anon. My friends who game have withdrawn themselves, and my other friends play games rarely or not at all. I guess my plan right now is to try to get involved in some extracurriculars at college, and meet some people there. I'm in engineering though, so free time is pretty limited.

I'm kinda disappointed in how my relationships at home turned out though. I live halfway between suburbia and the cornfields, so it's a pretty small, isolated community.
>>
>>18459716
Trying that won't hurt, just don't have too high expectations and be casual about that. Full support from here though. I live in a 20k people town, so I can relate to some degree
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.