[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nervous about moving out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1494944210575.jpg (172KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1494944210575.jpg
172KB, 1200x900px
Recently I was given a free ride to a college, which is good.
My family and I are too poor to afford to support me advancing my education, but the thing is, this college is a few states away from where I live.

I've never really been away from my family for more than a week, and I'm pretty wary about moving to a new state with no financial support whatsoever. Pretty much as soon as I move I'd have to pick up a part-time job (and juggle it with school, and band since I have to play in it to keep my scholarship).

My parents assured me that they won't mind, and wouldn't be disappointed in me if I stayed home because of this, and that we'd find a way to enroll me in college around our area.

I've been mulling this over for weeks now, and I still don't really know what to do, care to share some thoughts about this /adv/?
>>
Do what you would regret the least.
>>
>>18459524
Is there anything particularly stopping you from accumulating some money first and then going to a college or university of your choice?
>>
>>18459587
I've been trying to do that, but the shops I've applied at have rejected me do to no previous work experience.

Right now, I really only have a month until orientation.
>>
>>18459660
can you use any of the scholarship money for rent? maybe you can use your pell grant for rent too since the scholarship will cover tuition.
>>
>>18459660
I do not see why, in the other place where you will quickly need the money, they'd be more willing to give you a job. You won't even have the same flexibility with work hours and will more often be tired.
>>
Do they not have dorms that are covered in your full ride?

Anyway, I'd go desu. Worst case scenario you have to drop out, but I think this is huge for your future man, these opportunities don't come often.

It's rough being away from home, but just try and make some friends early on. Talk to your classmates, and if you have any free time what so ever go to any event your college is putting on and mingle.

As for jobs, make sure you ask how to get a campus job. Where I go, those jobs are usually reserved for the international students because it's required in their visa's or something to have a job, but there are a handful of jobs they can't do (such as drive the shuttles, for obvious reasons). See if your school has any open jobs, they will be most understanding of your schedule, unlike mcfats or something else.

Good news is, every college town I've been in is always hurting for work, so jobs are easier to come by. Especially in the summer. All those college kiddies leave and take the whole work force with them, so every summer all the retailers are begging for people to come work for them. Get in good, do a good job, and they'll be more than happy to keep you all year long.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.