[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have no idea what to do!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: bad-internet.png (276KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
bad-internet.png
276KB, 1280x1024px
I know it's a small problem, but our internet is shit.
I live with my family, we are 4, my mother, father, little sister and I.

Here are all the situations: When i'm home alone, I can play games with fix 50-60 ping, watch youtube in 720p without it stoping to buffer.

When my mom is home and she has her 2 laptops running as always and checks her e-mails every half an hour, I can play games with fix 60 ping, and watch in 720p, but when she checks her e-mails with text in it and maybe a pic, I have 200 ping and video loading stops for 2 secs.

When my mom is uploading pics to auction sites, I have 600-900 ping (one pack of pics takes 15 mins at least) and some games kick you for such a ping, youtube still work in 720p with few sec stops. (she is home 24/7)

When my sister is home and she is on her phone all day and watches stupid normie vines and bitches talking english what she doesn't even understand, I have a 400-800 ping and can bearly watch youtube in 240p. (at home after 4pm)

When my sister and mother is doing there shit, can't join games, steam doesn't start, youtube doesn't load up and pics on 4chan doesn't appear :'(

I reset the rounter every 2 weeks, none of our computers should have virus, I have installed anti-malware on them. The neabours can't be using it because I would see that on my linux laptop.

We know that it could be solved by "buying better internet" but we don't live in the city center and the internet comes on a telephone cable which is from WW2 and it's max capability for download is 900 kb/sec and an upload of 300 kb/sec, we have an even better internet pack than that.
I know you want to say then buy a new cable, We would need about 2 km of the cable and 1 km costs about 7000 dollar/ 6500 euro if I exchange well, and only my father is working and we save up like 50 dollar every month. We asked the local government a year ago and they haven't answered since. My only hope was ... comment too long... I'll continue as a reply...
>>
don't need to hear your life story

You don't have enough physical bandwidth for your purposes. The solution is more bandwidth, either through a new copper/fiber hookup or a dish. The end.
>>
I hope you're not using Wireless also could be prime time?

Sounds like you might need to upgrade your router or the devices connected to the router.
Ultimately you want to have everybody wired in with new cables Cat5e or greater.

if Wireless is required, you want to be sure everybody's wireless cards or Wireless dongles are using at least one of the new standards. Old routers sometimes don't have multiple Wireless channels and downgrade to old standard so that everybody can use the wireless access point causing that fancy NIC card in your computer to equal shit.

Also take note, I work at a security company and we don't give a s*** about potentially unwanted programs that you install on your computer so just be aware.

You probably have some install toolbars that are mining some of that bandwidth on AdSense clicking
>>
None of that can be the problem, I use wired, half a year old rounter, no toolbars for sure, I would have spoted that
>>
Are you sure you haven't enable qos on your environment to fight you.

You haven't even told us what your what Your speeds are provided by your Isp
>>
>>18459232
You're retarded. Make sure to finish reading posts before responding.

The problem is his upload bandwidth being a few hundred kilobits. Full stop.
>>
>>18459303
Ohh 9 down 3 up yeah I'm doornob.

Sorry upgrade that shit.
>>
We have a download of 800kb-900kb/sec and a upload of 300 kb/sec. and we can't solve why it's shit my family knows it, but we can't do anything, exept if the gavorment gives us the fuck expensive cables, what can I, myself do? I can't ask my family not to use the internet, they just shout my face off
>>
My only hope, my fathers mobile internet which he shared as a hotspot so my mom and sis could use that, and I use our internet from the rounter. and today his mobile internet (the only in the family) got canceled
>>
>>18459318
Move
>>
We can bearly stay here even, not buying a house (becouse this is ranted) and I can't live move out alone for 2 more years
>>
>>18459182
go to your router management and properly configure QoS(Quality of Service) look up some tutorials for your router on youtube or something.
>>
I can't move out alone*
I'm tired af
>>
>>18459343
That's a good idea but I doubt if that would fix the incoming internet to our house/router
I'll check what is it execly tomorrow, and set it after some tutorial
>>
>>18459362
It'll essentially limit how much bandwidth certain activities can use, so that when your mom checks her email or uploads a file it wont use the entire amount of bandwidth just what it's allowed to use. That way there's still room for your games to work without lag.
>>
>>18459376
Ohh that would be amazing if I could get that to work tomorrow, I had no idea theres an opcion like that, thx a lot, I'll wait 5 more mins and I'll abandone this thread Because I'm about to fall asleep in my chair.
>>
>>18459182
If you want more bandwidth move to somewhere that gets better internet.
If it is an option set priorities on the router for certain services, vine won't need to be high quality.

Resetting your router isn't going to magically fix things.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.