[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everything seem to bleak?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: flamethrower.jpg (60KB, 680x818px) Image search: [Google]
flamethrower.jpg
60KB, 680x818px
Do you ever just get overwhelmed with negativity?

Everything is just so fucking shit and the future just looks even worse. I'm getting old and my life is meaningless. The overpopulation is going to get worse, the inequality and disappearance of the middle class is going to get worse, the climate problems are going to get worse. Everywhere I read it's just problems, problems and more problems.

Nothing ever goes right. What keeps you going on, /adv/? How to keep going on?
>>
>>18458884
>Stop paying attention to the news
you'll be so pleased to discover how much of it has nothing to do with you.
>Go out into nature more
it is peaceful and calming. I actually chose my career based ONLY on it being mostly outdoors (forestry)
>read some buddhist or stoic philosophy and meditate
There may be no such thing as a soul, reincarnation, Karma or God, but their philosophies and methods are extremely practical for dealing with a world that doesn't go the way you want it to
>spend more time with friends
There was an entire Greek philosophical school that was about checking out of life and kicking it with your friends on the grass because everything that society claims is important really isn't that important at all--and it thrived for CENTURIES before ultimately being forcibly suppressed.

And then of course meme things like good diet (not just a 'decent' diet) and regular exercise are known to improve mood.

That's what helps me.
>>
Yo OP I was just about to start a new thread and it was almost exactly like yours haha
What keeps me going? Well for starters I'm afraid of death and too much of a pussy to kill myself. And I don't want to hurt my parents since I'm their only son.
But besides that Idk I mean yeah everything looks bad, tastes bad, sounds bad. The world is turning bleak. My dad says he felt the same way in the 80's so I just tell myself that this decade sucks and that I will enjoy the 2020s.
What keeps me going is that curiosity. But I don't really have the drive to do anything in the present so I'm stuck there. My life is meaningless as well and I fear getting older too. I'm 24 and I feel old as fuck when I see adult actors are younger than me. Everyone I know irl hates their job but they find joy in the most mundane stuff like Netflix and drinking beer with friends. I have """friends""" but I'm not close to them anymore. I don't have a job or a gf. I want a gf only if it's that one girl that doesn't give me the time of day and I think I don't want a job even though I should get one, because I feel like "what's the point? I'll just be more depressed and more tired".
/rant sorry
>>
>>18458884
Everyday
>>
>>18458884
>the overpopulation is going to get worse
are you sure? that's kind of a media craze. wealthy people in developed countries have less children. the only problem is that there's going to be more welfare because the poor people keep having kids.

It's not like the world will reach 20 billion people and then fall back down to 5 billion after a drought kills 75% of humanity.

So there's just a narrative you've made up.

>The inequality and the disappearance of the middle class is going to get worse

These two are not the same thing. If you make 100,000 to 300,000 you are not middle class, but that doesn't mean you aren't affected by the wealth disparity. Someone out there has like 50 trillion (exaggerating) dollars, and whether or not a person makes 40k or 120k a year is absolutely dwarfed by that.

If you're so interested in Economics and Politics, then study them instead of just ruminating.

>Everywhere I read it's just problems problems problems
Change what you read, and who you talk to. Get off 4chan and start talking to emotionally and mentally successful people. These people are likely to be more financially successful as a whole, and might even be able to offer you girls and jobs and shit.

>What keeps you going on?
Fighting off my depression so I can be happy for at least ten minutes instead of creating doomsdays in my head and neglecting the positive.
>>
>>18460093
>that's just a narrative you've made up
sorry no it's a narrative that the media made up to get viewers and readers
>>
>>18458949
Epicurus is lord
>>
>>18460093
Developed countries are becoming a smaller part of the population wile developing countries are in basically a permanent baby boom. So the overpopulation problem is actually quite real.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.