[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working with an autistic person

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 11_30_09_Neil-Barrall1-200x300.jpg (17KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
11_30_09_Neil-Barrall1-200x300.jpg
17KB, 200x300px
Hey /adv/,

I don't know if you guys can help me out here, but let me explain my scenario to you. I work with an autistic individual who often either takes credit for my work, throws me under the bus for problems caused by him, or rats me out to the higher ups about things he felt I shouldn't be doing during my shift. He is the main reason why I hate my job at the moment. He pretends to be on my side and then continues to make me look inferior the second he gets the chance to do so. This behavior is extremely frustrating to deal with and I'm thinking about leaving the company because of this one individual.

Let me clarify that this man is legitimately autistic, diagnosed and everything. Let me also mention that he is the biggest hypocrite I have ever seen in all my years on this planet. Let's say I'm talking with one of my friends about whatever for a brief escape from our responsibilities; this will cause him to snitch on me and make me look bad to the CEO of the company, whereas he browses off-topic websites pretty much all day.

I don't know what to do anymore. This man is making my life a living hell.

>Pic related, sort of looks like him.
>>
>>18458754
I'd speak to your boss and try to come to a peaceful resolution, or record him (if its legal) not doing his job. If you play to his tactics without proof they will suspect you're lying.

Retards like to have set rules, I've never known them to force rules in others but there we go.
>>
Talk to HR about it, and don't let him catch you doing anything you aren't supposed to
>>
>>18458795
I don't think I could record him doing such a thing and I've complained about him before but all I get is some BS answer about how "Not everyone needs to like each other." You're definitely right about them liking to have set rules, the manager of our department won't even be present and he'll feel guilty if he goes a few minutes over his breaks.

>>18458801
We work in an office environment, I have no other choice but to sit next to him.
>>
>>18458826

So you've talked to your boss, talked to HR, clearly explained that this guy is hindering your ability to be productive at work, and they STILL aren't doing anything about it? They won't even give you a different cubicle to work at?

If that's the case, your only option is to wage war on him. Secretly do stuff that can't be traced back to you that will make his work life a living hell.
>>
There's being autistic and there's being an asshole. Most people with autism that can function enough to work in an office settings are not assholes like this guy.

So tell HR and hope they can see past the autism card.
>>
>>18458858
Yeah I've done things to get him in trouble before, but I don't feel that that is a permanent solution to my problem. Making his life a living hell is only going to make him pissed and likely suspicious of my intentions. By the end of this, I'd like this guy to be on his way out the door, so if anything I need to find a way to convince my superiors that this guy doesn't belong in an office environment.

>>18458878
I don't know too much about autism but I figured it was worth mentioning as he could simply pull the retard card out at will and perhaps the fact the he has autism could justify his poor decisions. Either way, unfortunately, it appears that we have a bit too much job security in a way that we're practically irreplaceable. Speaking to superiors doesn't seem to do anything for me and I'm getting really fucking sick of working with this man.
>>
>>18458894
It's possible you're not the only person he's a cunt to (reading the threas made me a little angry desu). Maybe you should organize with the coworkers, if like 5 people will tell HR he's acting like a cunt they'll be more pressured to act or not believe him. Second thing is, if you're in an open office environment his assholery won't go unnoticed meaning he'll make enough enemies without you having to do anything
>>
You think that's bad, try living with one. My home life makes me depressed
>>
>>18458754
Thats not autistic behavoir, the guy is just an asshole, tell your boss about him
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.