[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For people that have been coping with anxiety - even better if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: anxiety.png (293KB, 550x647px) Image search: [Google]
anxiety.png
293KB, 550x647px
For people that have been coping with anxiety - even better if it is social anxiety - what is the things , behaviors, methods, strategies and etc that are helpful to you? please help and sorry for the bad English
>>
>>18458678
i did the whole spectrum, anxiolitics, antidepressants, psychiatrists, psychologist, weed.
now imma be honest, even tho i might sound like a fitbro.
only thing that really helped me was starting lifting, losing weigh, eating better, taking care of myself more in general, and feeling chicks being attracted to me, initiating contact and such.
turned out it was that simple
now i was clinicly diagnosed, by 3 professionals so it's not like im self proclaimed kid that wanted to feel special
>>
>>18458683
Not op but I've been lifting almost 4 years and this year I've developed terrible terrible anxiety. One bad thought can keep me up all the night.

What should I do? I can't see a doctor because I'm an army bro and I'll get kicked out
>>
>>18458729
Well cound you pinpoint some big happening in your life which may have caused developing anxiety, does anything come to mind?
>>
>>18458678
I know someone who has been helped tremendously with Zoloft
>>
>>18458738
I know why I have anxiety, but they're issues too personal for 4chan ngl
I don't really know how to move on from these events that caused it.
>>
>>18458743
I understand, however you are anonimus here so i dont see it causing you any problems in future, but again, i understand.
Look, if something really big happemd, and it debeloped quickly, and it wont go away, you may have burnt out, at which point you should seek professional help, somethings are just too great to bear alone>>18458742
>>
File: 1492237108795.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1492237108795.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>18458683
I'm too shy to go to the gym. I actually biked over to the school gym this morning to try and start stronglifts again, and froze as soon as I stepped into the exercise area.

Guess I'll stick with useless meme bodyweight exercises. It's so utterly shameful.
>>
>>18458678
I walk / jog up to 6 miles a day.
Ever since I started doing this on a daily basis my anxiety has vastly improved and I find myself more confident and able to socialize much better.
>>
File: 6316.jpg (67KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
6316.jpg
67KB, 500x650px
>>18458763
ah man this sucks so much to read because I was in the exact same position as you like 9 months ago...I'd literally go to the gym, get in the weight room and walk around a bit, maybe even set up the barbell, get self conscious and walk out. It was fucked.

I know it's gonna sound retarded & really cliche but as someone who's now been working out consistently for almost a year, no one is watching you. No one is giving a shit about how you look. Go in, do your workouts and get out. It'll help so much, I guarantee it. We're all gonna make it brah.
>>
>>18458817
I'll keep trying. Thanks for the encouragement.
>>
Nofap works wonders for anxiety. Nowadays I beat it once a week or 6 days. Tend to notice an improvement in well being at days 3 and 4
>>
>>18458763
>meme bodyweight exercises
How are they a meme? You can get fit with bodyweight training
>>
>>18458950
You can get fit, but your strength gains will plateau early on and you won't get any stronger. You'll only get more muscle endurance.
>>
>>18458975
Doesn't that depend on the program you're following?
>>
>>18458817
this.. honestly anon i felt stupid and awkward for the first two months of weight lifting. now when i'm there all i pay attention to/care about is my form
>>
>>18458980
No. It is a well known fact in weightlifting that increasing reps will increase the gains in muscle endurance. The muscle strain in bodyweight exercises is entirely in the high reps. As I said, you will gain some strength in the beginning, but that will plateau early on as the only way to increase is to add more reps.

You could argue that with bodyweight exercises you can, for example, punch with more exertion for a longer amount of time, but the amount of force would be less than that of someone who was lifting weights
>>
>>18459040
I see
And is the efficiency more or less the same for building muscle volume and definition?
>>
>>18459071
You want high calories and lifting heavy for max GAINZ, I hear.

I don't know for sure, but it makes sense to me that bodyweight exercises will be like other intense endurance activities like boxing or climbing: fit and lean, but seldom large
>>
>>18459114
>fit and lean
Isn't that generally seen as more attractive anyway?
>>
>>18459118
That's a matter of opinion.

Either way, lifting doesn't make you big without tons of rigorous work and diet over years, and will otherwise still get you fit and toned faster. If your goal is aesthetics, lifting is superior to bodyweight, plain and simple.
>>
Diazepam, Xanax, Clonazepam, Klonopin, etc.
Are we talking "waking up with racing heartbeat and have no idea why, I'm gonna die, I'm worried about everything for no reason" anxiety or are we talking "my gf left me a message should I respond, meeehehehee, I'm so socially anxious" anxiety?

No medication no laifu.
>>
>>18459189
What about the "I avoid going outside and interacting, even online, with people as much as I can" anxiety?
>>
>>18458678
Lifting doesn't make you more confident, I did for a year and a bit (still do but that's not the point) and felt no confidence boost.

It's to do with a mindset, if you lift and you are not happy with your body, you will never be satisfied with it.

Look up Headspace, if you're a student you can get Headspace Premium (depending on where you live). It will help you accept your anxiety and overcome it.

If you don't get the free premium Headspace just look up mindfulness. It has seriously helped me with depression anxiety and self confidence.
>>
>>18459223
That's the type of anxiety I had (and still have); I would go outside and be anxious as fuck, then get panic attacks. Best way to do it was to confront my anxiety and go do stuff anyway. Turns out you get used to it and learn better how to deal with it (breathing exercises etc). It stays difficult though; I still have to push myself to go outside and be social. When I don't do so, the anxiety and panic attacks get worse again, sending me into a negative spiral that is challenging to break through.

Best thing to do was to start a D&D group, because I'm forced to be social as fuck at least once a week now.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.