[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 20161127_124211.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161127_124211.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I think my partner may have been sexually abused when he was younger. How can I ask him without offending him? What do I say? Please help.

Pic unrelated.
>>
Why do you need to know?
>>
>>18458474
Just go with the "I am concerned" attitude.

>"Anon we need to talk. It concerns me when I ask X you react like Z. It's important for our relationship for me to know if X is going to be a problem. Can you help me out here? Please let me know Anon."
>>
>>18458483
I neef to know as it is starting to affect our relationship in every way.
>>
>>18458484
I tried this a few months afo and he didnt want to talk about it. I want to respect this about him, but its getting to the point i feel its effecting our emotional and sexual relationship. Im lost and i just want to help him..
>>
>>18458474
As a guy that this has happened to, please leave it alone.
I do not wish to discuss this with anyone I know ever as long as I live. If it happened to him, he may feel the same way. Nothing you say or do is going to change anything or undo it.
>>
>>18458503
I understand that. And i know i cant help. But I came from a very abusive background and it helped our relationship to talk.
I dont want details i dont even want to know who it was. Just yes or no so our relationship can evolve accordingly.
Im sorry I sound selfish.
>>
>>18458474

What makes you think he was abused?
>>
>>18458523
A few months back we were talking about my past, my assults and abuse etc. He seemed uncomfortable, which is fair enough. But he mentioned his step dad being awful to him and "pretty much abusing" him.
There are some things in our sexual relationship that made me suspicious and he joked about a gay friend "practically molesting" him often but never wants yo talk about it.
I might just be thinking into it too much but I am worried about his well being as well as our relationship
>>
>>18458513
Instead of trying to figure out the cause, perhaps you could just acknowledge the behaviors you have observed and indicate they bother you and you would like to work on those with him. I think you will get much farther with that approach.
>>
>>18458540
I think its just bothering me because of my past. I will try this though, thank you anon
>>
>>18458536

It seems a bit of a leap to get from such minor things to past sexual abuse. You could be projecting your own experiences here. I'd suggest say nothing and do nothing, unless he volunteers information. For now it sounds like you're overreacting.
>>
>>18458565
You're right. I could be
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.