[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

I've been having this problem for months now, I do sleep but it takes about 3-4 hours before I eventually do, I've tried going to sleep earlier and on different mattress' but I still won't sleep, I feel as soon as I try to go to sleep I cough more, I get an itch on my face or my breathing gets more heavy I'm 19, should I be having these problems and how should I solve them to get a better night sleep?
>>
Try music that calms you down. Certain ASMR videos on youtube has helped me some during my bouts of insomina.
>>
Benadryl and 1mg melatonin is the lowest risk medication for the problem.

In terms of behavior, waking up on time and staying awake until bedtime is usually the way to go. If you can do something before falling asleep that doesn't involve lights or noises that might help too.

I use flux and night mode to remove blue glow from my screens when the sun is down
>>
>>18456785
I don't think ASMR really works for me It kinda irritates me, i don't like the noise usually, but I've fallen to sleep listening to music occasionally, I tried it last night however and it didn't work.
>>
>>18456792
I haven't tried sleeping pills because my Mother and girlfriend say they cause problems I actually haven't looked into it myself
>>
>>18456778
Maintain a consistent sleep schedule. The goal should be to get to a point where you go to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday. If one night you stay up an hour too late, that doesn't mean you should sleep an extra hour but rather you should get up at the normal time. The more varied your sleep and wake times, the harder it is to get to sleep and the worse you feel.

Check out 1:14 of this video (So you don't get confused, the video is about how to make yourself miserable; so he's giving you bad advice and the purpose is for you to do the opposite of what he says):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO1mTELoj6o

So to fix your sleep schedule, do this: establish the times that you'd like to be going to sleep and waking up at. Tomorrow morning, wake up at that time. Even if you only get an hour of sleep, just get up. Stay up all day and don't take any naps, then go to sleep at your established sleep time. It takes around three days to reset yourself to this new schedule
>>
>>18456800
Okay I'll try this thanks for this advice
>>
>>18456799
I gave more suggestions than just pills. I hope you sincerely try all of them. Melatonin supplements are new to the market but Benadryl is a light med of a class thats been around a long time.

Again do everything I said and I think you'll be kosher.

You have to evaluate if the risks of uh Benadryl and these new melatonin supplements outweigh the risks associated with insomnia.
>>
>>18456812
>>18456808
Melatonin is all you really need and there's no side effects or downsides. It doesn't make you drowsy like a sleeping pill. It opens the door to sleep but it doesn't force you in. You could take a bunch of melatonin and run a marathon if you wanted to
>>
>>18456812
I will be using your other advice, thank you. I might try the melatonin because I know that's the hormone released when you are actually tired, I'll see if I can get some thank you
>>
>>18456792
Had similar problem until I started taking melatonin pills. I took only one pill 30 mins before I went to bed. Did this for about a month and I can say that it has helped me get back into a regular sleeping schedule. Haven't noticed any side effects other than finally feeling "rested" when I wake up in the morning.
>>
>>18456826
Maybe get regular with the melatonin and Benadryl, then stick to the Benadryl alone, then try to transition into nothing. On a good sleep/wake schedule, melatonin supplements might not be necessary.
>>
>>18456833
Okay I'll see about getting both I have a pharmacy very close to me I think I can get them there
>>
Spotify
"Bart on the road" Playlist

Sleep.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.