[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got called in for an interview for a job I'm probably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1485875104404.jpg (84KB, 690x461px) Image search: [Google]
1485875104404.jpg
84KB, 690x461px
I just got called in for an interview for a job I'm probably not actually qualified for in a city I have to take a greyhound bus to get to, and the organization and people who may be able to help me begin to plan for this I kind of undermined their positions in my cover letter by insinuating that I do for the organization what they're supposed to do.
I don't want to directly ask them for help because I don't want to insult them after doing a great deal for me if not much now, but I also don't want to touch matters such as relocation with the prospective employer because I kind of want this job and by experience premature 'what can you do for me' talk sinks any chance you had, but ultimately I don't want to waste anyone's time over something I applied for mostly to test my bullshitting capabilities in a corporate setting, but even in that case it would be pointless if I didn't show up for the interview that is in a matter of days.
I'm about to mail back with a quick "sorry for wasting your time", but why shouldn't I?
>>
I slept on it and I'm still not sure.Now I don't even want to get out of bed.
>>
>>18456756
I don't understand the actual problem here.

You need help from your current employer to buy a bus ticket? Or to help you move if you get a new job?

It's impossible for your to ask the prospective employer to have your interview over the telephone or using video chat?

Are you just one of those forever-helpless chumps with the "waah, no one's ever taught me how to do X, therefore it's impossible for me to do X" attitude?
>>
>>18456756
No, you just relocate if you want the job. What is even the problem? Rent a place there, vacate your old place... if you get the job.
>>
>>18457751
My previous employer isn't even an employer but a nonprofit organization from whom I was supposed to get workforce training, but I ended up more often giving training than receiving it. This was interesting to the prospective employer, but useless to me now that I have no money with which I could relocate to the city were I to get the job, and if a relocation package is not available (I wouldn't know that until I actually get the job and a benefit sheet; asking beforehand is inherently a dealbreaker), I'd have to ask the organization whose apparent ineptitude became a theme for my cover letter to help.
>>
>>18457783
As a prospective employer, what would have been interesting to me in your cover letter is that you sounded like the kind of proactive person who saw a problem and then stepped in with a solution.

Why you think you can't talk to the people in the program you're in is beyond me. Why you think you can't bring up that you'd need assistance in relocating if your prospective employer gives you a job offer is beyond me.

Who you really are looks an awful lot like someone who says "people might say no, so I'm not going to even try".
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.