[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>meet 4 people on discord >all of them are the nicest people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

>meet 4 people on discord
>all of them are the nicest people you could meet
>speak to all of them in a group chat for about a few weeks, things are fine.
>they throw banter at each other, this is apparently normal and nothing to worry about
>general okay history with banter in past, although severely hampered by bad and repressed memories from bad experiences with it
>decide to go along with it
>end up getting offended by one of them
>talk to them in a private chat, get called out for being hypocritical, they're right
>realise i'm wrong but still annoyed and bitter
>rinse and repeat about 2-3 times
>person who offended me is clearly sick of me at this point
>group chat is dead
>rest of group claims they don't hate me but it's obvious their approval is waning
>stuck in a loop of tons of negative emotions (regret, anxiety, paranoia, anger)
>no idea how to deal with it
>not seeing a therapist at the moment, no outlet to vent emotions
>can slowly feel myself going insane from lack of closure

what do
>>
File: Voltaire-lisant.jpg (217KB, 831x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Voltaire-lisant.jpg
217KB, 831x1000px
>>18456185
Well how are you acting on the server that is making them tired of you? Maybe you could talk to them about your issues. I think I need more details though.
>>
File: Killyourself.jpg (84KB, 680x1021px) Image search: [Google]
Killyourself.jpg
84KB, 680x1021px
Looks like you need a QT3.14
>>
>>18456343
Apart from the person I kept having problems with, I got along very well with everyone else in the group chat. Now that it's dead, there's very little communication between us other than through private chat.

I think the fact that it's still bothering me months after it's happened is what's annoying.
I understand why, obviously. But the lack of closure is killing me and making me extremely miserable.

Only one group member knows it's still bothering me. The rest are either neutral or busy. I don't see the point in telling them out of fear of digging my hole even deeper.
>>
>>18456426
Wait this happened months ago? I don't know exactly what was said, but you can't let it eat you up. It was months ago. There is nothing you can do about it. My only suggestion is to try to make it up with the person you have problems with. I don't know why he(or she) is irritated, but if you still have problems maybe the solution is to talk to him or her about it specifically.
>>
>>18456496
I've spoken to them about it many times. But none of the conversations I've had with them have gone anywhere and have probably only irritated them more.
>>
File: Gordon.png (240KB, 865x670px) Image search: [Google]
Gordon.png
240KB, 865x670px
>>18456659
Well, I am having a hard time giving advice on an issue when I don't understand what was said. Were you called a name? What went on?
>>
>end up getting offended by one of them
>talk to them in a private chat, get called out for being hypocritical, they're right
>realize i'm wrong but still annoyed and bitter
Can you give more information on what happened? Did you say anything else after you said you were offended? Did you ask them to apologize? Did you ask them to tone down the banter? What were you wrong about?
>>
>>18456723
First time was when I insulted someone in chat. Then person A (The one who I took to private chat) insulted me in response. This escalated all night, and I didn't get any sleep because of how increasingly irritated I was getting.

I ended up blowing up at them. Telling them there was a difference between joking and being an asshole. They offered to talk privately and work things out. Being a tard, I declined and insulted them instead.

Spoke in private chat, but it just consisted of me being called a hypocrite repeatedly. Things didn't really resolve themselves and I was just left bitter.
>>
>>18456723
They have apologized, but they always had a but at the end. "Sorry you feel that way, but you're this and this." So it only annoyed me more.
>>
>>18456723
The thing that's bothering me the most is that the chat's dead (I've been told this directly in private, which affected me badly.) and I just want it to be active again. But I don't know how without looking like an idiot, or desperate.
>>
>>18456930
Maybe you should apologize to them. If the discord chat is dead, I wouldn't worry about it. Why does it matter what a couple of people think about you on the internet?
>>
>>18456990
You could always contribute to the chat more. Post discussions. Post thought provoking pics. Idk what kind of chat it was, but just start posting there yourself.
>>
>>18457073
That chat was the most fun I'd had in about a year. And for it to be gone so quickly because of this annoying person is really annoying.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.