[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cutting ties with everyone how do I find new friends?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: sun araw.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sun araw.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>be 18
>I only now realized that I have no friends
>going to a state college in a suburban town that has no social activities and the town has no social meetups other than a mall filled with boring "normies" and sperg weeaboos with no in between.
>People in my old high school think im a sperg with no redeeming qualities other than being smart enough to copy off of and all of my previous friends are pieces of shit.
>only woman i liked dates best friend at the time and i thought it was no big deal till I realized he cucked me purposefully and schemed his way into it.
>Have no current romantic interests now because of that since I cant find another with similar interests
>"Friends" only kept me around to shit on me so they can feel better about themselves or because they just want something in return.
>Relatives often tell me that my life is sad or pitiful
>Listen to vaporwave and Sun Araw while browsing 4chan at 5a.m. and waking up at 3

Cutting ties and thinking of just starting fresh. Will buying things that show my interests like pic related naturally attract people that I would find appealing?
>>
I don't think that buying items which show your interests will be of great help. Some of your best friends may yet come from entirely different backgrounds than yours and have completely different interests.

Some people say to make great friends, you first have to be a great friend, and there is some truth in that. In my experience, that is also a great way to attract free-loaders and back-stabbers.

I would say that a great way to meet people and make new friends is to join clubs or local meetups (like through meetup.com or something) and attend consistantly. It might be boring at times; perhaps set a goal, like you'll keep going for 3 months and then evaluate if you want to keep going. The way to weed out the false friends is to SLOWLY build trust + the relationship over time. At times it's helping them when they're down or listening to them, other times it's asking them for help or asking them for advice.

I'm by no means a master at this; I've been confronting myself recently about how bad I am at being a reliable friend + I'm working on getting better.

Good luck OP, I think you are an intelligent, caring person (otherwise this stuff wouldn't bother you), and I think you will yet make wonderful friendships with other people and find life rewarding.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.