[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a psych major drop out who overcame depression anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: IMG-20170430-WA0029.jpg (97KB, 1080x932px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170430-WA0029.jpg
97KB, 1080x932px
Hi I'm psych major drop out who overcame crippling depression and a boat load of suffering, social rejection etc... Took me close to 4 years to become normal again. Ask me anything.
>>
Why did you drop out + Are you going to complete the studies sometime?
>>
>>18454078
Did you leave your refrigerator running? xD
>>
>>18454081
This is was very severe. I let my mind run wild and thoughts wander as it pleased for experimental and also ignorant reasons. It came to an extent everything I tried to do caused severe headaches and inability to concentrate at all. I wish to finish.. But I'm knee deep in business and it wouldn't help me increase my income or reduce any load in life right now from what I feel. I'm only doing whatever that gets me to success faster..
>>18454086 fridge is fine thanks
>>
>>18454101
Well you better go catch it xD
>>
>>18454104
Safe to say I already caught it.. or in the process of gaining full control ;)
>>
File: 5f4TLQA_d.jpg (35KB, 640x378px) Image search: [Google]
5f4TLQA_d.jpg
35KB, 640x378px
>>18454114
Glad you didnt lose your sense of humor in your endeavors, anon.
>>
>>18454123
Yeah but I lost the love my life in the process.. I had to throw her away to recover faster.. it's like restarting life all over again.. strength, ability to attract, memory, basically all positive mental skills.. I have to keep striving to get them all back..
>>
>>18454078
Like, I mean, good job and everything, but stop it. You didn't "overcome" depression. You didn't "become normal." It's sort of fucked up to put that out there, because while that is how you have narrativized your experience and found meaning in your suffering, it maintains the idea that there is some sort of normalcy that people should aspire toward. I'm glad you're happy, anon, and I wouldn't begrudge you it for anything - you deserve happiness. But you have to accept the fact that your path is your own, and what you "did" isn't some magic recipe that you can generalize onto other people like some self-help guru. I'm sure you have a lot of wisdom, but try to relegate it to specific situations. Be aware of your sphere of influence. Be responsible.
>>
>>18454387
Thank you for this.. an exact reply I was looking for. To help me see from a different perspective. Which is one of reasons why i posted this here and also to help anyone who might have felt the same unbearable cry for freedom from voice of your head.

By being normal I may be referring to freedom to do what you want. I think it is of great failure of today's society accepting their weaknesses as it's just "who I am". If it's something you want changed about yourself then it is the art of finding out the exact anti-dote to your problems through experiments. (I'm heavily against medication, and resort to only mental techniques, although in the initial stage medication was the only way to calm myself, but I made sure to lose them as soon as possible).
My assumption is that if what i did help me. I would like to help someone else the same way fittingly to their situation.
I'm already feeling greatly at peace and would love to help anyone feel the same..
>>
You're not special, who cares. Go away
>>
i dropped out from college 2 years ago and still feel like killing myself every day.

I have zero opportunity to find a job that supports a single person. You cannot do it with 10 dollars an hour. You cannot do it in the United States. There is nothing you can do but die in this god forsaken country if you don't already have money, or at the very least lots of support from family and friends.
>>
Is it a bad idea to text a girl from tinder I haven't seen since december?
>>
>>18455218
I'm not special.. there maybe countless of others who have been through the same as I.. besides most people are not dumb enough to let it get that severe.. Which is where i might have been special.. ignoring warning signals.. lol..

>>18455237
I feel for you.. dropping out of college.. especially dropping out of a psych major people automatically start guessing did he mess himself up in the process..

Firstly put yourself on your side friend.. If you don't have you to protect yourself you will not make it... love yourself and spur up a burning desire to break through all hurdles that life throws at you.. If you have this fire burning in you.. everything else is regardless.. I had two choices either be a mental break down die in shame or fight my way all the way up.. it's never easy.. I regret what I did to this day.. but today I'm stronger than ever..

It is indeed difficult to love yourself if you haven't achieved much in life. So this is the first major hurdle you have to cross. Learning to love yourself and accept yourself but NOT SETTLING!

the human mind wants reasons to be confident and happy.. eg: you graduate, you become confident. You get a gf, you become confident of not being judged as a loner. Think of mother theresa, imagine the confidence she has amassed after helping countless of being.. her mind would not let her be suicidal.. likewise feed your mind of your inner need of accomplishment.. help someone etc etc..
Do not let negative thoughts creep in..
Amass yourself reasons to believe..
When you have yourself on your side it's easier to fight against the world...

You will stop have to playing the victim.. start believing you are the captain of your ship.. there are many people who rose above after earning 10 dollars an hour.. I only got 2 months of rest after sever breakdown.. my father put me to work.. I had to fight through intense pressure and headaches.. had I stayed back I might have spiralled into playing victim...
>>
>>18455317
Only one way to find out :D all depends on how you made her feel at the last point of meeting.. ? As long as you aren't conditioned as toxic she will definitely reply and welcome the surprise..
>>
>>18455405
thanks anon, I'll let you know how things go
>>
I'll bite mate, as of right now. I hate being alive and not the "boo hoo my life is terrible"alive. It's more like I wish I was brain dead so I wouldn't have to be conscious any more." I hate seeing things, thinking about things, feeling things, physical and mental. I just want to cease all functions. I also think I might be bi-polar/
>>
File: 1494721286414.png (546KB, 862x658px) Image search: [Google]
1494721286414.png
546KB, 862x658px
>>18455366

Next time use less ellipses. Thanks, but good lord anon what the fuck?
>>
>>18454078
Should I be a pilot or an intelligence agent?
>>
After all you've been through why does being "normal" still matter to you?
>>
>>18455469
So you want to cease existing because you hate life as it is? I believe all of us want the same thing... why go through this needless suffering you never asked for... unfortunately nobody ever got this by wishing or tormenting themselves (Which increases even more suffering). So then if that's your life goal to end life as it is.. you will have to find a more practical path.. or you will have to findout why you want to end life as it is.. is it because you lost the love of your life? Parents didn't love you? Etc etc.. If there is such a reason you can either make a path to reach that target again or you can find an alternative that gives a similar sensation.. needless battering yourself only weakens your body and mind, further straying you from your goal..

>>18455599
Lol.. spying abilities are more useful than being able to fly :p

>>18455610
Here's an interesting phenomenon.. some people can have sex many times a week and fell unmoved by it.. whereas the weak cannot bodily stand it repeatedly.. Which was I at my severe stage where EVERYTHING I desired was causing direct noticeable pain.. So I thought to myself there must be way at life to gain less suffering.. and that is my goal simply put.
>>
>>18454078
how to cope with depression if it is chronic depression and trauma based? I was told by my psych that I will always get triggered and always be at risk for depressive episodes because of how I grew up as a child. This is why posts like yours claiming to 'cure' depression make me skeptical.
>>
>>18457266
Lets take a minute to understand the assumptions your psych has - behalf - of you taken
1) your past inhibits your future development
2) your depressive episodes are not reversible

The first we already understand Freudian theories are outdated and being invalidated in the present.. If it was true worldwide noblemen would not be produced.. Girls who have been raped have stepped up and taken action against rape for other women.. Etc etc.. The only difference between them and normal people is that they decided its time to grab life by the balls and take action..

If the second case was true imagine this.. A total unknown stranger dies in a severe accident in car crash. but you are unmoved. If one of your closest people does you are severely affected. Why? Because of the mutual love that you had. So how are we to reject that our trauma is an acquired state due to the conditioning of the mind we ourselves have created? Some psychopaths can kill people left and right and not feel a thing. Why? Because they let not feelings get in.. We kill a bug we don't feel a thing, we kill a human we are traumatized..

If it can be learned, it can be unlearned or relearned in the opposite direction. It's like pavlovs conditioning.. if you ring and bell and treat a dog he will salivate when you ring itself after few tries. if you begin to shock with the bell him he will unlearn the conditioning again.

Don't let anybody tell you that you will never make it out. You are more capable than this.. Problem with us humans is we love our scars.. because it makes us feel unique.. don't let you scars burden your journey in life.. release.. !!
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.