[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loves me but not "in love"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1494700172822.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494700172822.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
So my girlfriend laid this on me and I kinda freaked out and tried to understand. Basically she barely feels romantically for me but still really loves me compassionately? She cited a whole bunch of things she thinks lead to it, most of them rooted in simple things I can change, and said she doesn't think it'll ever be how it used to be but could maybe get better again with changes. She doesn't want to leave me but thought she needed to tell me because she doesn't want it to be this way forever and wants to give it a chance to come back, she says it might take time and right now the realization has her really confused and depressed.

How can I foster romantic love in my relationship again? It's a 4 year long relationship and we do not live together. I've gained a lot of weight and became very clingy, possessive and suffocating and she became frustrated with my messiness

Is there hope if I can unfuck myself? I started a diet some time back and already lost like 10lbs, and knowing how serious my developed attitude and cleanliness is rely motivates me to fix it..
>>
She also said that "she needs time" to sort it out even if I'm not trying to change myself, which I originally took as "give me space", but when I tried to give her space she freaked out and wondered why I wasn't talking to her and thought she "lost her best friend". So what does that mean if she wants time to think but apparently wants me there as close as I have always been?
>>
>>18454022
She is going to leave you, sorry anon.
>>
>>18454051
Oh, why is this? Why tell me things she was unhappy with and say she thinks if they change so too will her feelings, that she even rebuffed the idea of taking a break and reacted so negatively to me giving her space? Because she really heavily indicates she wants to feel for me romantically again, infact when I brought up a break she said if I want to see other people because she's not good enough like this I can, but she isn't interested in seeing new people
>>
>I've gained a lot of weight and became very clingy, possessive and suffocating and she became frustrated with my messiness

Lmao simp loser.
>>
>>18454124
Yeah I'm aware I have some issues. I am financially stable and I finally got fed up with my weight a few months ago and started experimenting. I already can't fit most of the clothes I purchased a year ago and need a belt
>>
>>18453990
wtf are you me? only difference is my girl broke up with me a couple weeks ago. were on a break from seeing eachother. when i see her again i hope to rekindle some passion. your not alone bro im fuckin hurting too lookin at her snapchat storys n sulking
>>
>>18453990
>gained weight, became clingy, possessive, and suffocating
Are you a woman?
>>
>>18453990
I too believe she is going to leave you. She's stringing you along. Not sure why but most likely because she doesn't have a good reason but really just lost feelings. There isn't anyone else in the picture and she likes you but isn't in love with you. She doesn't was to hurt you but doesn't want you to have the wrong impression. She may even want the feelings to come back, but they aren't there. That's my guess but I don't really know. Everything you're doing is fine. But be prepared to end it. It will not be easy for you but it never is for the one who isn't ending it.
>>
>>18453990
Unfuck yourself for you, not for her.
Because she's going to leave you.
>>
>>18453990

Years of wisdom, psychology education and experience packed into the only post you need.

1) early romantic love, the one that feels like heaven on earth, is caused by a shit tonne of chemicals and hormones that are not sustainable in the long run. If it did, youd burn out your reward systems and eventually sink into a very deep depression as if youd been a cocaine addict.

The chems switch over to a pair bonding set of hormones. They dont feel amazing but they do provide a sense of need and ownership over your partner. Natures way of making us stay together. Raise better kids that way.

Tl;dr 1: its chemical. That fade of romance was inevitable. Your gf doesnt seek to understand that (nor you). This is 100% normal.

2. Its nothing you Did. There are always little things wrong with everyone. Ive been with my gf for 4 years. Neither of us are perfect. There are flaws in her i despise and vice versa. But it works because we have enough we like about each other we have a functional partnership, relationship, and friendship.

The deal is to get used to the flaws and fucking deal to get the good out of it. If your gf is blaming you for falling out of love, see point 1, and realise as well you will never ever be perfect for anyone. She needs to know that too. You can only be "good enough".

3. Thank walt disney for this shit. This is not how love works in the slightest. Its tv and disney fairy tales that made everyone think madly in love for life is a thing.

A ltr can totally work just fine as long as you aren't expecting youre going to feel on cloud nine with someone for life. It lasts a year or two then its gone. It may come back now and then, but expect to feel mostly comfortable and content with periods of being annoyed.

4. I hope you learned something. But your gf seems to be the problem here. Show her this.

Sources exist for point one. So do your research if you need backup.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.