[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hangover prevention

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Hangover.png (3MB, 1800x934px) Image search: [Google]
Hangover.png
3MB, 1800x934px
Hey, I drink a lot of mixed drinks 50/50 Dr. Pepper and Admiral Nelson(rum). Someone suggested on a drugs thread in /b/ that mixed drinks lead to hangovers. So, to advice! I have a 64 oz mtn dew "mug" i constantly keep by my bedside and constantly wake up in the night to drink out of it ALWAYS WATER.

I find myself hung over a good amount and looking for changes to reduce the intensity and, if possible, reduce number of hangovers overall.
I know a hangover is something that just WILL happen with little to no fix if too much is consumed.

I should describe the type of hangover I have, its almost always headache related, rarely stomach/body related(check "shots" line for more)

I do smoke ciggs, and moreso while drunk(don't know if anyone has noticed hangover effect if smoking/not smoking while drinking, but figured you people should know)

Someone once suggested wine to me, however, I find any and all wine tastes like rotten fruit and I gag.

I can't seem to drink beer quickly enough to get drunk.

I can do shots, but in the morning(food/water before bed) I am close to puking all day. Head is better, but stomach is FUCKED. Tried going mixes and shots, however I get regular head hangovers.

Food and/or glass of water before I pass out has never worked, probably due to the amount I drink.
I have tried a multivitamin with food before passing out(on an empty stomach I puke)
I have tried a multivitamin before starting to drink for the night.

One of the best cures I head was from an actual medial doc who suggested a saline(sp?) drop with vitamins(apparently used for near starving people or something, it was a while ago).

Feel free to ask for more details if I have forgotten any and use any of the prevention/cures I mention(in case you never heard of it.

posting this and using the restroom, brb 3 min.
>>
take this from someone that spent the last couple of years as an alcoholic;
There's no way around a hangover
It doesn't matter what way you consume liquor and then pop or whatever the fuck you're drinking
If you're drinking enough to feel the effects you will have a hangover

Eat before, during and after your drink, try to keep as much water going into you as you drink. My rule; 1 liquor should equal 1 water.
And try to keep to alcohols your body can digest easily , there's no magic liquor that won't make you sick; everyone's different.
For me I can drink beer and light alcohols like a breeze, but wine and whiskey kill my stomach.

Also, when you wake up; drink water, smoke weed, eat something greasy and take an advil then go back to bed for an hour
Guaranteed you'll feel 100x better when you wake up.

Other than that just accept that a hangover is part of alcohol, you really can't do much about it other than not drink
>>
>>18453919
plz no connection error

Thank for not going to dumb abstinence approach.
and FUCK. I was hoping for some sort of solution.
Perhaps 1 for 1 with water will(slightly reduce) the effects? I know you are saying it won't but with experience and how that has become your approach I gotta try. I feel I am an alcoholic as well, 3+ years I feel, fell into a rut because of a cheating gf(I blame her, but its me I know) 5-6 nights/week I drink ~half a handle of rum. Shit.... its turning into an alcoholic thread.
>>
Fucked around with my adblock, removed all of 4chan and yea, it works now with adv.

>>18453919
Are you still an alchy? how did you get out?
For me(OP) I've been to 2 AA meeting and the religiousness was not for me, went to a psych... fuck that, $200(USD) for an hour? Can't afford it. People say "just stop drinking" it aint like that. I do well for a week, and when I go shopping I make excuses "gonna buy some and not use it to prove I can stop" later that night I'm blackout.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.