[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friend of mine is about to get an operation with 50% of dying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

>Be me
>Be 17
>Go to boarding school for one year
>Gets best friends ever
>One with heart troubles
>School ends in hugs and crying
>Goes Home
>Friends with heart problems texts that he got 50% of dying in an operation
>Never been in a situation like that
>What should I do
>What should I say
>>
>>18453138
tell him that 50% is a really good survival chance considering that his sperm beat the 1 billion other sperm. if he can beat those odds then 50% is easy.
>>
File: schrodinger.png (171KB, 441x540px) Image search: [Google]
schrodinger.png
171KB, 441x540px
>>18453138
I'm sorry, but your friend is now in a Quantum Superposition state, in wich he is both dead AND alive. Next time you hear from him, the universe will split and break the superposition, one in wich he survives, one in wich he dies

If it makes you feel any better, you can only experience a universe where your consiousness is allowed to exist, so it's very likely that, from his POV, he survives and makes it to a universe where he lives

Or his brain will produce a powerfull drug for 3 years, wich will result in him dying, but living in a dream
>>
>>18453168
>>18453166
Thank you it's really nice to get replies and help here
>>
>>18453138
It's really rough to lose someone you care about OP. Make sure you express to him your support, and let him know how much he means to you in case he doesn't make it.

If he does make it, all is awesome, and you can brave through possible future issues together

If he doesn't, know that time will heal your pain, and while he won't be around, you don't need to forget him, and he'll continue to be a part of you in your memories. You'll grow and you'll meet new people and time will go on.
>>
>>18453301
Thanks
>>
File: 1497674604559.gif (96KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1497674604559.gif
96KB, 200x200px
>>18453138

Don't be a whiny bitch.
Be optimistic, be upbeat.
Hospitals are boring; find things the guy likes to read/do.
Laugh about dumb stuff.

Either way the operation goes, the guy will appreciate it.
>>
File: 1484631265084.png (10KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1484631265084.png
10KB, 645x773px
>>18453138
make sure to be with your friend and remember the good times
>>
Medfag here. He'll cut his odds of death significantly if he takes one B12 and omega supplement per day.
>>
That is rough, OP. Even if your friend survives the operation, I don't imagine the longevity rates for it are great. The best thing you can probably do for your friend is to be there for him. Often times that might simply be listening to him when he is alone and afraid or perhaps recovering after the surgery.

It can also be very stressful, so make sure you have somebody to talk to about your feelings too.

Good luck OP, wishing you and your friend the best. ^_^
>>
Be happy with your freind. Make them laugh and smile. Take them out and see the world if they're still able.
Skydiving, skinnydipping, that kind of shit.
You'll have something great to talk about at the funeral regardless. Plan out that you'll come wearing a giant cock costume or something delivierin the eulogy. great bants all round

>>18454162
This could do no harm. Its very diffucult to overdose on these tings.
b12 injections once a week are great
>>
>>18454162
THIS

I am a biochemist and I cannot believe fish oil still isn't used as standard protocol for recovery from brain surgery. He needs to be taking 10,000 IU a day, and B12
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.