[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't stop thinking about her and feel like shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1371408359683.jpg (298KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1371408359683.jpg
298KB, 1280x960px
I met this girl on tinder awhile ago, we broke it off recently and I keep blaming myself for it...
>we hit it off really well
>a lot of things in common, not just interests but overall view of life, we're both introverted and awkward
>the first 2 weeks were great, super happy, talk every day, get along
>1st date went excellent, she said she'll be super awkward and shy but I made her feel comfortable and we both had fun
>talk for longer since then
>I start asking some questions
>she says she needs to know me better before answering
>I try get to know her
>she doesn't open up but asks me to open up
>doesn't answer questions I answered
>feels distant and leaves me hanging a lot
>first she tells me she's ok with a relationship, then she says she just wants to have fun and doesn't look for a relationship
>it was a long distance relationship
>her insecurities triggered my insecurities
>I was aware of hers, not sure if she was aware of mine, I never left her hanging, she did a lot and it made me feel unhappy
>eventually I asked one too many questions and she decided to break it off
>she was nice about it, I think because she knew she was part of the problem too
>we split up
>I feel like shit, very lonely even though we mostly spoken online
>every time she comes to mind I blame myself for being insecure and breaking what we had going on
>she felt so perfect
>she was also the first girl I ever had the balls to ask out
>I can't stop blaming myself and feel like I ruined the best relationship I ever have or will have
>she mentioned she wanted to move abroad after college (next year) and since she was so awkward and took forever to get to know me, I think I wouldn't even know her enough before she'd move out so I try to use that as a reason why it wouldn't work out anyway so its better we ended it now
>makes me feel better initially but then always comes back and makes me feel bad we ended up breaking this up
will I ever get over her/be ready for another relationship?
>>
You were too clingy man. You should get over it and learn from your mistakes - Don't get too clingy so fast.
>>
>>18452936
I know I was, but I realized that when it was too late...I just feel like I won't meet a girl like her again for some reason, I fucked up big time and I can't get over it, like no girl will ever come close
>>
>>18452950

Don't worry man. You will find another girl. There is no such thing as "THE ONE", there are many "THE ONE"s.
Meet more girls (And this time, not via tinder if possible). Via work, friends, a club, etc etc.
>>
>>18452953
Thanks man, I suppose the best thing about it was that she was so nice about the whole thing and the experience was worth having, like now I know 'how to play the game' if you get me?

I think it wasn't gonna work out anyway...first she says she's too young to have a relationship and just wants to have fun, then she says she might be with me just needs to know me better, then again that she doesn't like relationships atm and I wasn't sure what she wants and I needed to know, when i asked she wouldn't say. I think I also based our thing on what all my friends were having that after a week or two they were already together and having sex and this girl took forever to even meet up with me, even though she wanted to as much as I did... started off with a tough one that needed too much commitment and even then I didn't think it would work because of the distance. Its hard to get over something like that though, guess it just wasn't meant to be, i'll learn from that experience for sure
>>
>>18452920
>

>can't stop thinking about her and feel like shit
>relationship not even like a month in span
>super insecure OP
>LDR
>go abroad after college

This is every possible answer to have a relationship not work dude. You'll be fine. Move on.
>>
>>18452997
did I fuck up a lot for my first time? I just feel like I'm no good at this and won't be in the future
>>
>>18452964
>hard to get over something like that
it's potentially hard to get over any relationship, dude
>>18452997 is right

Thing is, a 'relationship' like the one you're describing only
>felt so perfect
because you're inexperienced. From the sound of it, it doesn't really seem like much to linger on tbqh. You won't feel the same for every girl you date, but there's no reason to think you won't feel the same, and better, about enough girls.

My best advice is to not care so much about those feelings of insecurity. They don't attach to anything, as long as you're open for the possibility that they might pass with every small steps of courage. I got no way of counting the times I've acted on something I initally felt fear because of, and it makes for a better man in the end. Learn to laugh at yourself, and count your gains. Baby steps are okay too.
>>
Honestly man, you talked her out of liking you. The more you talk via text or online, instead of going on definite dates raises the chances of you saying something really dumb, acting needy, insecure, etc. You should let the woman do 80% of the pursuing via text. It sounds like you opened up to her and you're no longer a mystery, now she's bored and moving on. A lot of guys make the same mistake. Take it as a learning experience.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.