[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't people follow their dreams?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Unicorn-12.png (121KB, 1200x886px) Image search: [Google]
Unicorn-12.png
121KB, 1200x886px
What kinda sorcery prevents people from leaving their bad situation and make a go at it, whatever it is.

Are you currently on the right path and if so how did you do it?

What gave you the impetus to say fuck it and live life on your own terms, win or lose, you're doing your thing.
>>
Because dreams are often not based in reality.
>>
>>18452911
"Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive."
~Andy Grove

Sometimes people become comfortable with their bad situation and that ends up being what they like. Kind of like Stockholm syndrome but for shitty life situations.
>>
>>18452911
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoclWQrhxhw
>>
>What kinda sorcery prevents people from leaving their bad situation and make a go at it, whatever it is.

The act of doing something familiar may be comfortable in the short term, although you may know deep down it will not provide long-term fulfilment or satisfaction.

Taking yourself out of this situation requires some degree of willpower due to the uncomfortable situations one must endure whilst trying to adopt a new lifestyle. Trying new things brings its own challenges along with its own element of uncertainty, e.g.. Is this new idea right for me, would I have been better off staying where I was comfortable? Short term comfort provides a temporary illusion of contentment

Long story short, if you're the kind of guy who is easily demotivated by challenge and change, you will find adopting new lifestyles more difficult and possibly more time will be required for this adjusting phase
>>
>>18452911
It's because following your dream has the potential to end in massive failure. Jim Carey's father was a failed musician. There are hundreds of failed artists, actors, musicians, tons of dreams deferred, potential doctors failing out of med school, UFC prospects heavily injured, pro football and basketball players who were busts.

Following your dreams means that you may fail. Most people are afraid. And that's the thing about life, people are so afraid to risk their own well-being for something greater that they never accomplish anything in their lives.

When I was 28 I wrote myself a list of things I will accomplish by 38. I use all of my salary earned in my job to accomplish that goal. I have read the law of success and have made a contract to myself.

I keep my own dreams alive and work incessantly to make those dreams happen. I have typed up a 5 page contract to myself that I will do these things. That's what you have to do to make any dream happen. You must make a contract to yourself and vow through hell and high water that you'll make it happen, because you just have to be stupid enough to think you can't fail.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.