[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to seduce a sperg?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 11

File: a24-1.jpg (219KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
a24-1.jpg
219KB, 1680x1050px
Ahoy /adv/. I want to win this guy's heart BUT he is a total robot when it comes to sex and relationships. It's almost impossible to keep a conversation going because he randomly stops responding and NEVER texts me first.

I know he likes me at least on a good buddy level. He opened to me a couple of times and said things that may be considered as very light and subtle flirting but getting close with him is verging on impossible.

Meeting up is out of question at least for now because I recently left the country for a new job. BUT that is not a problem. I don't want a ldr. I just want to get closer with him and I'm sure it can be done despite the distance between us--but I have no idea how to do that!!! He is absolutely nothing like other guys. PLS HELP! gimme some ideas or if someone managed to romance an emotional autist, give me your success story!

tl;dr
>I like a guy
>He is very reserved
>Normal flirting techniques won't work on him
>how to gradually win his heart???
>>
>>18452512
Why do you think he likes you?
>>
>>18452530
Lol this
>>
>>18452530
>>18452535

Cuz he complimented me before & these rare times the convo didn't die he shared with me some personal stuff! I'm sure he likes me as a person BUT if he likes me as a girl? I don't know...

And with how awkward he is it's impossible to tell. I'm good a picking up clues from guys but this one is just a huuuuge mystery
>>
>>18452552
What did he say when he compliments you?
How long have you known him for?
>>
>>18452512

How pretty are you? Based on your own opinion and also what other people say
>>
>>18452552
Wooow compliments and a slight peak into his backstory. And yet you think he's into you? Think about all the guys that probably liked you and pulled that shit, chances are you waved them off cause you're not interested. Seems like this dude is doing the same to you. Seems like he puts up with you cause he's bored. If I actually liked you then id text and talk to you, if not then I treat you as every other bitch. Mere entertainment.
>>
>>18452558
He complimented my looks (like he'd say that my hair is cute or that he likes dimples ((and I have them)))
And he said that I'm smart and was impressed with some stuff I said, and told me he trusts me so he will tell me some personal things he has never told anyone else.

>>18452565
I'm 6-7/10 I think. I'm not veeeery pretty but I think I look cute. People tell me different things so it varies from "cute, warm, innocent" to "beautiful and hot" lol. But keep in mind that it's guys who call me a hot beauty so I doubt they are being honest!

>>18452568
Why are you so negative anon? I never said that he likes me like a potential love interest! I only know he likes on the safe level of buddies. And I'm sure I'm not only a "mere entertainment" for him; he is not a type of a boy who uses girls for entertainment. He is a robot BUT not of r9k sort. At worst he just wouldn't care for a girl at all. And maybe that is the case with me-- but hey, I like him, so why not give it a try?
>>
>>18452512
I think you're not going to go anywhere with this guy. He sees you as a "buddy/friend". The personal stuff he opened up with you may not really be that personal or maybe he just opened up because he had no one else to talk to. He doesn't text you first and you always have to initiate the conversation.

I know you had guys that were really interested in you but you weren't interested in them. This is the same case except this time the roles have reversed.
>>
>>18452601
I went through something similar with my boyfriend.
I was just blunt. Told him I liked him and I wanted to know if he liked me back and he wanted to date me. I had been flirting with him for months, thought he liked me but he wouldn't make a move.
It went well for me, maybe give it a shot.
>>
>>18452607
Aww maybe you are right. But I feel so into him that I would rather try and get explicitly rejected than just leave it. I know it's a bit crazy & egoistic ;(

>>18452640
Thank you anon! Being unapologetically direct is my last option. I still hope there's a way to be more subtle--but if not I will tell him I like him. Or ask him if he likes me. He told me once that he dislikes playing games and likes people who are direct and upfront, so at least he will appreciate my bluntness!
>>
>>18452512
So you selfishly want to get this poor guy on a long distance hook so you can be entertained while in another country. Once you start going out and meeting people you'll date and fuck other guys and this guy will be crushed believing someday you'll be together. Leave the guy alone
>>
Sounds like he can't take a hint

Somebody like that probably wouldn't suddenly break a relationship because you confessed, even if he wasn't interested

Just going for it seems a safe bet to me.
>>
>>18452844
Oh Anon, I would never do something as irresponsible as making moves on someone and then after winning them move on to someone else! I'm not like that, believe it or not.

>>18452856
Thanks nonny! So it seems like being blunt and direct is my only possibility so far...
>>
>>18452512
>>how to gradually win his heart???
>gradually

Answered your own question grasshopper.

I'm like this guy, and let me tell you something about how he thinks.
Something has made him cautious as fuck. Maybe he's had too many "sure thing, omg she ovbiously like you" blow up in his face when he got an "ewww, I was just being friendly creep", maybe he's been lead on, or friendzoned or what.
My point is, he's now at the point where you could blatantly tell him you're interested, and he'd be skeptical and wondering what fucking game you're playing.

So gradually. Slowly. Over a long period of time.
It takes dedication to do this.

Imagine his heart is a fort, guarded by robots, turrets, dogs and a moat with a broken ass bridge. Surrounded by a wall that would make Trump orgasm. Not even a million mexicans could manage to get one of them inside.

Not quickly anyway.

You've got to move so slowly the motion detectors on the robots can't see you. So slowly the dogs think you're a statue. You've got to repair that bridge and slowly tunnel into that wall with nothing more than a spoon.

He's going to need constant reassurance that he is in fact, not bothering you. That you actually like talking to him rather than just tolerating him.
Push him bit, tell him he needs to text you more, than add a little smiley face to make it less "barking orders-y" and more cute.

Don't let him ghost you, chances are he will. Dude's used to being alone. Thrives in it. Never feels loneliness because of this.
>>
>>18453227
That's a beautifully worded, and very helpful post. You might be right, maybe something from the past is the reason why he's shying away from the intimacy now. But... I can't tell if that's it, or if he is just the kind of a person who doesn't really care much about romance and girls (or me in particular) and his emotional distance is completely normal. And I have two conflicting pieces of advice now! Some people tell me to just go for it and "confess" and you tell me to wait and be delicate. I'll have to rethink both of these options, and weight them carefully.

>Surrounded by a wall that would make Trump orgasm.
>Not even a million mexicans could manage to get one of them inside.

These lines made me kek aloud, cheers anon!
>>
You must be talktative to balance his robotic tendencies.

Ugly or not, aspies don't initiate and they'll just walk by you even if they want to talk to you.
>>
>>18453227
I used to think like this and then I realized no girl ever liked me anyways. They all really WERE just making fun of me.
>>
>>18453303
>But... I can't tell if that's it, or if he is just the kind of a person who doesn't really care much about romance and girls (or me in particular) and his emotional distance is completely normal.

Well if asked, I'd lie and say it's just how I normally am, so there's no point in directly asking, "why are you so closed off?".

If anything it might make him close off more.

If you ask about previous experience with girls, same thing. I wouldn't lie, but I certainly would close off. My experiences with women haven't been great but I worry that if I share that I come across as a misogynist.
He won't answer that either.

I'm trying to think of a subtle way you could phish this information out of him.

Nope, I've got nothing.

Though I would recommend escalating thing with him, just slowly rather than bluntly, at least at first.
Straight up asking someone so reserved out, especially a guy. He'll be sceptical.
You want to test the waters first and see how he responds to you getting closer.
You want him to have an idea in his head that you might like him, that way you won't catch him entirely off guard if you do decide to ask him out.

>These lines made me kek aloud, cheers anon!
Thanks, if nothing else, I gave a few chuckles.
>>
>>18453312
>You must be talktative to balance his robotic tendencies.

Uhhhh, this is a problem, I admit. While I usually don't struggle much with being talkative, around him it's like a cat got my tongue. I feel more nervous and unsure of myself than around other people (or other boys I fancied!).

And his lack of response is discouraging too; I would hate to bother him and make him detest me for being clingy.

>>18453344
Thanks kind anon for replying again! I actually asked him about his romantic experience once, and surprisingly I got a response! Probably because we were both drunk, but it still counts, doesn't it?

We were talking about all the "new"sexualities and genders, and I admitted that as a teenager I first thought that I'm bi, and then after some years that I'm asexual or aromantic. And I recklessly asked him "what about you" question, and he was like "ok, I trust you so we can talk about this". And then he told me that there is no way he is asexual, or anything but hetero, and that he doesn't consider himself aromantic given how he felt towards someone in the past.

But you are right, he was rather vague and reserved about his previous relationship.

>You want him to have an idea in his head that you might like him, that way you won't catch him entirely off guard if you do decide to ask him out.

I'm so so scared that he might KNOW; he is a clever guy and I probably unknowingly spill spaghetti everywhere when interacting with him. And I surely leave some hints here and there, even if subconsciously. I dread the thought that he is well aware of what is going on in my head and is not interested at all so chooses to ignore my poor attempts at wooing him ;(
>>
>>18452512
You could just tell him "I like you and would like to be in a relationship with you".

That should do the trick.
>>
>>18453464
I could, but I thought that going for a slow burn would be better... And more romantic
>>
>>18453227
Adding to this
Make sure to reassure him of your enjoyment of the conversation in a way that can't be overanalyzed. Along the way, make sure you complement him, but don't let him brush it aside. At first he'll feel flustered at receiving a complement, but after a few times, he'll start to like it, which will help him open up to you. Like this anon said, go slow with this guy. Guide him towards the realization he'd rather be with you than alone
>>
>>18453392
>chooses to ignore my poor attempts at wooing him ;(

I choose to ignore it when girls show interest in me, thanks to an expierience in my previous post

>>18453227
>Maybe he's had too many "sure thing, omg she ovbiously like you" blow up in his face when he got an "ewww, I was just being friendly creep"

You can hint all you want. He'll never know for sure unless you tell him.
There's no reason to worry. Chances are he's just being cautious.

I do this even when I like the girl (honestly, experiences with women have made me feel like it's safer to be an emotionally cold asshole, than it is to show any affection).

There's every possibility he likes you but doesn't know if, or how to, show it.

But if he's even thinking you might like him, you have a better chance. It means you're on his radar.
>>
>>18453512
Well, you said "he's a total robot", maybe he just doesn't get the subtle hints, and doesn't know how to do romance. I know I don't.
Just tell him you like him, and if he doesn't respond within a few days or seems uncertain, tell him again.
>>
>>18453515
I pay him a lot of compliments and I'm always honest when I do that!

>>18453528
Thanks anon. It's really sad that someone would get disappointed so many times with women that they can't comfortably open up to them anymore. I hope it's not the case with my guy, I hate the idea of him getting emotionally hurt over and over again.

>>18453551
He might really not get the clues, he is smart but some people don't have emotional smarts even if they are really, really clever otherwise...
>>
>>18452601
exclamation femanon I fucking wish I could meet a grill like you that would like me. you sound so good.
>>
File: fucking tired pepe.jpg (29KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
fucking tired pepe.jpg
29KB, 480x480px
>>18453227
>tfw let someone entirely in
>they took a shit in the living room

someday this will not be the result I hope.
>>
>>18453183
The same reason you don't want a long distance relationship is the same reason you'll break his heart. Even if you don't want to hurt him at some point because of loneliness and the distance you will see other guys. If you can't be together why tie him down while leaving your options open because you aren't official?
>>
>>18452512
A femanon a few weeks ago won the heart of a guy but it wasn't really a plan she had but persistence. From the first time she met the guy she turned down every advance from other men because she couldn't imagine herself with anyone else, much less have sex with them. She wasn't in love yet but didn't view it as a sacrifice. What she didn't know is the guy was watching and allowing her in little by little but still afraid because of his insecurity. Even one of his friends asked her out and she immediately refused. This devotion to them even before there is a them became her best asset in the end.
>>
>>18454470
That's me anon <3 I'm so happy you remember my thread!! I want to give you a internet hug.
>>
>>18454514
Could I ask how old the both of you are and how far you guys live apart?
>>
>>18454582
We live in the same town. We are in our mid 20s.
>>
>>18454514
I do anon and your story is the most romantic real life story I've had the pleasure of observing in years and this coming from one hell of a cynic. I give you both props for being honest with yourselves but especially you. Yours didn't start with a one night stand because neither wanted that, though there was attraction, but the attraction held the two of you in a loose bond that deepened over time with a series of near misses. I'm happy for you, a lesser woman would have fucked this up.
>>
>>18454608
<3 Thank you for all the compliments anon. Made me smile tons.
I'm so happy I waited for him and was so persistent, and that I confessed like an anime girl. He's really worth it.

I just cooked him lunch, he's napping with his head on my thighs.
>>
>>18452512
>Meeting up is out of question at least for now because I recently left the country for a new job

>I don't want a ldr.

>I just want to get closer with him and I'm sure it can be done despite the distance between us

Biotch give it up and move on. You lost your chance,don't drag him into your sick game of self satisfaction because an LDR is exactly what you're headed towards and that does nothing but hurt a guy.
>>
>>18454358
Aw anon, that is so kind of you. I'm no angel myself and I hope at some point you will find someome who will feel about you the way I feel abou my guy. You don't know, maybe there is someone who feels this way aready?!

>>18454403
Anon, I know myself. I won't get lonely and go for other guys. My field requires mobility and I often go abroad for new jobs, and I never go for new guys I meet there! Because THAT would mean a ldr because I always come back home when I'm done with the project. And I would love nothing less but for the two of us to be official and tied to each other as closely as possible! I don't give a fig about other guys!

>>18454470
Being persistent is a good piece of advice. And you might be right--my guy is probably observing me too. He is a good observer who notices things veeery easily
(aside from my horrible attempts at flirting, I think)

>>18454628
Anon, you give me hope! Loads and loads of love & happiness for you and your loved one!

>>18454635
I know it sounds like I'm heading towards ldr, but my new job should be a brief project, according to my boss we should be able to wrap it up within 6 to 10 monts, so I should be home soon! Like I said, moving around is a part of my job, but jobs can be changed, can't they? I wouldn't mind changing my workplace to be closer to (or less often away from!) my partner.
>>
"High" functioning autist here, everyone is different, but if it were me, the only thing that would work is blunt truth.

I have been burned many times by mistaking friendliness with flirting when I was younger. I lost one female friend because of it. So since then I just don't take chances.

I've had girls compliment me, laugh at my unfunny jokes, even invite themselves over to my place. As much as I want to believe they were flirting, there is a loud persistent voice in my brain that says they're just friendly people and don't mean anything by it. A girl could literally grab me by the crotch and wink, and I still wouldn't but it. You'd have to unambiguously, verbally confirm.
>>
>>18452512
kidnap him?
>>
File: 1472277536167.png (317KB, 796x712px) Image search: [Google]
1472277536167.png
317KB, 796x712px
>>18454832
>I hope at some point you will find someome who will feel about you the way I feel abou my guy. You don't know, maybe there is someone who feels this way aready?
h-haha yeah
>>
>>18452512
How about you ask him out or tell him that you want to date him or some shit?
>>
>>18452512
Another thread that perfectly encapsulates why I hate women.
FUCKING TELL HIM THAT YOU LIKE HIM YOU MORON, STOP WAITING FOR HIM TO TAKE YOUR "HINTS" AND ACT, YOU FUCKING COWARD.
>>
>>18452512
I had the exact same thing except with a girl, I wanted what you're describing, when I was hinting towards it she was cold and distant, didn't respond, left me hanging, eventually she said she doesn't wanna continue this anymore so we broke up.
If you're willing to wait about 6 months for him to open up to you, then start a proper relationship and THEN consider sex, then go for it, I wouldn't have the patience desu, its easier finding someone that has the same traits but is dtf sooner than a year from now
>>
>>18454880
You know, I never thought that he actually might be on the spectrum, but maybe... Thank you for your insight!

>>18455175
Hmmm, but isn't that illegal?

>>18455359
Oh anon, you would be surprised! I know how you feel though, I used to struggle with my self-esteem and at some point doubted that there is someone for me too--and even though my previous relationship didn't work out--I still believe with all my heart that there is someone special for me (ideally this awkward robot-boy this thread is about!), and that I will get a chance to be someone special for my special person too.

>>18455391
It's one of the options I'm considering!

>>18455417
Come on Anon, don't be so hateful! It's not a big problem for me to take the initiative (and spill some major spaghetti) and tell him how much I like him BUT some anons here shared their experience with me and they advise me to take things slowly. I'm still trying to figure out which approach will be the best in regards to my guy.

>>18455431
I don't mind waiting at all; on the contrary, I appreciate very much gaining the trust that doesn't come easy. Maybe it's stupid, but it's more valuable for me! Imagine that you like someone very reserved and you manage to win their trust with patience, love, devotion... Show them that they can always feel safe and comfortable around, that they can rely on you. And I honestly am a lot like him--I never rush into relationships and sex. I know, I know, I sound like an irredeemably romantic sap.
>>
>>18455623
uhhh it's probably illegal but it worked out pretty well with my bf
>>
>>18455623
>you would be surprised
Yeah I really doubt it.
Is the guy you have your sights on particularly attractive?
>>
>>18455667
Stop giving me ideas, anon!

>>18455674
You know it's not fair to ask me that question, anon--I'm head over heels for this guy, so naturally for me he is the most handsome man on the Earth. But he doesn't look like a typical chad. He isn't one of these buff guys with abs, nor one of these hipster guys with manbuns, thick beards and /fa/ clothes. I think many people would say that he is an ordinary-looking guy, maybe with some nerdy vibes going on. He is slim, tall, pale, wears glasses and dad-trousers, and what is the funniest thing, he is the antithesis of what used to be my personal ideal of male beauty. And yet I find him more appealing than any man I have ever dated, or really, any man at all. Attraction works in mysterious ways sometimes!
>>
>>18455734
>He is slim, tall, pale, wears glasses and dad-trousers,
My boyfriend is basically this but without glasses.

There's something about tall slim spergs that just makes all girls go crazy.
>>
>>18455734
>tall
I guess it was to be expected.
Good luck though.
>>
>>18455736
>There's something about tall slim spergs that just makes all girls go crazy.

Amen sister!

>>18455753
While this guy is somewhere around 5'9-6'0, my ex was a bit shorter (5'8, I think?) and his height never bothered me--he was still taller than me, and that is basically the only thing that matters for me when it comes to guy's height. And you know what anon, it's really not THAT important because all our disadvantages, physical or mental, can be eclipsed by our positive qualities.
And thank you for good luck wishes!
>>
>>18455877
>5'9-6'0
That's a pretty big range. I'm 5'10 but that's not tall.
>all our disadvantages, physical or mental, can be eclipsed by our positive qualities
Gotta figure out mine, then maybe a nice and bubbly girl will take interest in me.
>>
>>18452512

Find someone who wants to be with you, don't hold a candle for this wet noodle. You can do it, anon.
>>
>>18455734
What are dad trousers anyways?
>>
>>18455734
Incidentally what do you find appealing about this man? You remind me of someone.
>>
>>18455901
My estimations are rough, because I suck at guessing things like size or height, and because (sadly!) I saw him in person only a couple of times... But for me he definitely qualifies as a Tall Guy.
Anon, good luck with figuring out your strengths and finding a cute girlfriend who will be endlessly smitten with you!
>>
>>18455736
>There's something about tall slim spergs that just makes all girls go crazy.
big if true
>>
>>18455753
Yeah you should have known. Literally everything is gated behind height. Or should I say "above".
>>
>>18454628
post story pls
>>
>>18455948
>>18455877
Nevermind, out of all things in this thread this is the only one I didn't completely read.
>>
>>18455972
Here, I'll just link the thread.
https://archived.moe/adv/thread/18387814/#18388935
>>
File: GeERck0.jpg (245KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
GeERck0.jpg
245KB, 2000x2000px
>>18455934
My problem is that the boys who want to be with me never give me that *spark*. I'm just not compatible with them, and the reason why I would rather pursue my wet noodle guy is that when we actually managed to have deep meaningful conversations, we just clicked. I have never clicked with someone like that. I realise that as for now our *clicks* are only in spiritual and mental zone, I know that there is a whole other realm of physicality and sexuality, but I want to give it a try. Through the years I have talked myself out of great many things, and I'm done with that. And I have no idea why, but he is easily the most appealing man I have come across in my life.

>>18455939
Pic related!

>>18455948
Aside from his physical appearance, I obviously adore his character traits: his intelligence, broad knowledge of many somewhat obscure fields, unique hobbies, strange but cute habits, wicked sense of humour, healthy dose of ambition, readiness to help people in need, love towards animals... The list goes on and on.
>>
>>18455994
Heartwarming.
>tfw this will never happen to me
>>
>>18455736
True story! They're like catnip to me, lol.
>>
Lol you just described me
>>
>>18456294
W-who are you?
>>
>>18454832
>You don't know, maybe there is someone who feels this way aready?!
no, I just get women that want to fuck me cause of my looks, car, whatever. so far as I know there's no women in my life that actually give a shit. I mean there's a few e stalkers that I gather are at least reasonably attractive lmao, but they're not here irl.

no, around here basically all the good women are taken.
>>
>>18454363
The greatest argument against the "if you want unconditional love and affection, get a dog" argument
>>
>>18457062
lmfao. I mean to be fair there's a different level of expectations and the meaning of the shit is different in each situation, but I lol'd.

>tfw no yard for a dog because city living and don't have the time.
I want a husky damn it.
>>
>>18455956
What does that mean
>>
>>18456010
Why anon?
My boyfriend isn't super hot or anything. He's a awkward lanket who shitposts IRL. Doesn't take much to make a person fall for you - sometimes people see something in you that you don't even see in yourself.

The thing that made me fall for him was how genuine and kind he is.
After we talked for the first time, I literally thought "I hope my kids will have a dad like this guy".
>>
>>18457556
Because I have no redeeming qualities and I'm not even a nice or genuine person. I'm ugly both inside and outside
>>
>>18457561
Then you can try to improve yourself. What makes you so ugly inside or outside?
>>
>>18453332
pretty much this lmao. The one time I thought a girl liked me I told her I liked her and the response was
>oh anon I care about you a lot but not in a romantic way :(
and then she never contacted me again. I guess she just pitied me or something, which only made me feel worse.
>>
>>18457562
Outside can't be fixed
Inside I'm just a mess. As I said it's not like I can compensate by being a genuinely nice person because I'm not. I'm jaded, emotionally stunted and unpleasant to be around, I'd probably be clingy as fuck if anyone was desperate enough to take an interest in me
>>
File: 1498188697283.jpg (44KB, 299x300px) Image search: [Google]
1498188697283.jpg
44KB, 299x300px
>>18455734
>tall
>>18455736
>tall
>>18455877
>tall
>>
>>18457577
Why do you think it can't be fixed? I cannot think of one person who is irredeemably ugly.

You can definitely work on your personality, it isn't something that cannot be fixed in general.
>>
>>18457578
My ex was 5'7 (I am 5'6" myself) and I thought he was very cute and was totally in love with him.
Shame that he cheated on me, lol.

Current boyfriend is 6'6" tho.
>>
>>18457581
NOBODY wants a short ugly sperg
>>
>>18457582
Again, there are very few people who are irredeemably ugly, and you can work on your personality.
Don't give up like that, anon.
>>
>>18457579
I mean my face is below average. I know I can fix my body but you can't fix your face structure, jawline etc.

I try to apply what people tell me and be more positive but I can't do it, I just don't like myself and when I think about how unlikely it is that anyone could like me for who I am I want to give up.
>>
>>18457586
>very few people who are irredeemably ugly
What if you happen to be one of them
>>
Yeah, gonna have to go blunt with your crush Anon. Best of luck to you, and here's hoping you don't stay abroad too long for em.
>>
>>18457586
personality isn't something you can just change like people seem to think. Parts of it are fundamental to who you are. I tried for years to fix myself but I ain't making progress. You don't reach my age without a single relationship unless you're irredeemable. Anyway this isn't my thread so I'll stop replying.
>>
>>18457593
Then fix your body to begin with. Then groom and dress properly.
Sure, you can't fix your face, but unless you are disfigured it isn't usually so bad. Smile, have a decent attitude, and look generally decent.

>I just don't like myself and when I think about how unlikely it is that anyone could like me for who I am I want to give up.
I tend to do the same, anon - can totally feel your pain on this. But a lot of people see something in us that we don't see in ourselves, and a lot of people love things about us that we dislike. Just try to be open and let others love you.
Do positive experiences, try to be a positive presence in other people's lives - help a friend, volunteer, be nice to a stranger, hang around people who bring out the best in you, dedicate yourself to your hobbies. It will get better.
>>
>>18457594
You have to work extra hard and try to become an amazing person. Build tons of redeeming qualities.

>>18457596
I know, but you can change a lot about yourself.
A big step for me was learning to deal with my emotional baggage. Not just hiding shit under the carpet, compartmentalising and pretending shit never happened. Not justifying my shortcomings because I was given a really shitty hand in life.
Just facing the pain and being miserable for a while, and then grow out of it. Accepting that I was weak and needed help. Accepting I had limitations.
Therapy helped me tons with this.

Another thing you can do is trying to be more positive. Open up to others. Being kind and making a difference, even a small one. It brings out so much good in you to be good to others.

I know it sucks sometimes but don't give up on yourself. That's the only irredeemable thing you can do. Hugs, anon. Good luck.
>>
>>18457626
How do you find a good therapist?
>>
>>18457949
Stay away from female therapist, especially if you are male.
>>
>>18457959
Why?
>>
>>18458176
they are fighting their own demons and why they are in this in the first place. you don't need some fucked up woman trying to fix you
>>
>>18453227
This. I guess I have a success story considering I am dating someone who initially showed no interest in not only me, but 3 people who were flirting with him simultaneously. I wasn't flirting, but I did do something the others were not. I was content with being his friend and letting him just be himself. Afterall, he was a cool guy and I really would have just been content as a friend.

He actually never showed romantic interest up until he asked me out. Came as a total shocker too, never saw him so nervous. 7 years later with a couple bumps in the road and things are still going fine.

Also he is 5'3. You 'short' guys have nothing to be complaining about. I've noticed a lot of girls have flocked to him, too.
>>
>>18458293
>Also he is 5'3
is he a literal 10/10 or something?
>>
>>18458648
Considering he's 5"3, no.
>>
>>18453227
Like-minded person here, you fucking nailed it. I couldn't describe how I would need to be approached better than you have in this post.
>>
>>18452512
Sometimes I wonder if these threads are just lonely guys falseflagging.
>>
File: 1495516943595.jpg (224KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1495516943595.jpg
224KB, 1920x1090px
>all these anons in here fixated over their own appearance

Girls don't work like you think, Anons. Being attractive helps but how girls normally work is they'll have a "preference" and maybe a few minimum requirements, and the rest from there is just charm. Generally as long as you're not a whiny cunt you're charming to someone.

I know a 5'1" autistic asian guy who has several girls try to take him back to their hotel rooms every single con I go to with him to the point where he's annoyed by it. He's not particularly attractive at all aside from being muscular.

Also obviously girls are generally attracted to people who are similar to them, athletic girls are gonna go for athletic guys and dorky girls are gonna go for dorky guys.

I'm assuming most people here would be more dorky, so here's my tips for dealing with dorky girls:

1. Watch out for "fake" nerd girls. Not necessarily fake nerds but girls who act in a certain way to string on an army of beta orbiters. I knew a girl like this, and while she was and is a great friend she purposefully would act like an anime character in front of guys she didn't know for whatever reason. Since I wasn't an orbiter since I showed no interest in her ruse, so she eventually started showing her real self around me and became one of my most trusted friends.
2. Value platonic friendships, it's fine to go for girls but don't whine about the friend zone if they turn you down, you want to still be their friend. Valuing a platonic friendship with a girl just makes you a better and more likeable person overall.
3. Do not, under any circumstances, be too pushy or complain if a girl turns you down. Girls, especially the shy dorky type, see that behavior as very creepy.

Don't give up, Anons. Good luck!
>>
>>18458739
They definitely are.
>>
>>18454880
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEwAwEuRplI
Girls who are nice to you are also nice to other guys.
>>
>>18458749
It's not about appearance, it's about behavior.
>>
>>18458749
And if he were a foot taller he'd be attracting 10 times that amount of pussy, and they'd be 10 times more attractive themselves.
>>
>>18458873
The game is rigged
>>
File: 1285788343291.png (53KB, 209x261px) Image search: [Google]
1285788343291.png
53KB, 209x261px
>>18453227
>than add a little smiley face to make it less "barking orders-y" and more cute.
I'm going to question this advice. There is nothing wrong with barking orders, and smileys can make it look like you are trying to hide ulterior motives.

I am a withdrawn girl who have befriended other withdrawn guys and girls, and I usually make it a point to explicitly tell them what my motives are. Things like "I'm hanging out with you because no-one else wants to talk to me." If I can be mildly rude and offensive it's only a good thing. Do not handle shy people with silk gloves. They need stability in the form of a person who doesn't fuck around and can be relied upon to do exactly what it looks like they are doing. The reason is that shy people are very insecure and don't know what to do with themselves. It's actually preferable to them to KNOW that you dislike (but tolerate) them instead of worrying that you MIGHT hate them. But of course it's best if they KNOW you like them.
>>
>>18458739
Only some of them
>>
>>18458648
I mean, I like how he looks. But I know objectively he's about average in face. He's muscular, but he used to be just skinny. Overly skinny, actually. Buuuut what wins me over is who he is, not to sound cheesy as fuck. He's incredibly laid back about most things, great to talk philosophy with. Same mental flaws, and he's incredibly smart. We also met playing games, so that's another mutual interest.
>>
I love the way you write, very cute. To address your thread, I'd say being direct could be the best option. I know I'd like it; I'm just too closed off and insecure because of being a 23 yo virgin to positively interpret signs girls might be giving me, or act in them if I do. There's always the underlying feeling that every smile is mockery, even though I look pretty decent and I'm sure some girls must have liked me.
>>
File: 1445722183259.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1445722183259.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>18458928
How to stop being shy
>>
>>18460390
Gradually, the more time you spend with different people from different environments and in different settings, the less shy you become. The trick is to actually overcome shynees and put yourself out there.
>>
>>18460390
just bee you are self
>>
is he handsome?
>>
>>18461298

Read >>18456009 and >>18455734 and >>18455877

Does it he sound pretty in your opinion?
>>
>>18461731
yea he sounds like a handsome guy who fits perfectly to the nerdy smart stereotype

he probably has some oneitis hes having trouble getting over with
>>
>>18461756
>he sounds like a handsome guy
How do you deduce that
>>
>>18461808
From the description dummy
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.