[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traveling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1494591549917.jpg (438KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1494591549917.jpg
438KB, 2048x1536px
I want to spend my life traveling around.
I mean actually traveling and experiencing other places; not sleeping in hotels and visiting touristic sites.

Is this achievable? I'm currently 20 and studying computer science. What should my plan be?
>>
Uh, how do you plan to fund this lifetime of travel?
>>
>>18451560
I'm not sure, that's my main concern. I thought about stuff like working five months per year then leaving, since I can live very frugally. Thankfully I have zero debt as well.
>>
>>18451561
No one's going to hire you for five months at a time.
>>
>>18451567
What about freelancing?
>>
>>18451568
Sure, that's an option, but you need to make enough to a) pay your living costs for those five months and b) pay for seven months of travel, and you need to make this indefinitely since you have no plan to do anything else in life. Plus you actually need something to freelance in the first place, you need to build up a portfolio, you need to market yourself well and you need to build up some sort of clientele.
>>
>>18451576
Yeah, so I'm basically fucked unless I can find a way to acquire passive income.
>>
>>18451580
Basically, yes.

Don't worry, you'll eventually realise how stupid of an idea is.
>>
>>18451584
>how stupid of an idea is.
Explain.
>>
>>18451586
Because, like we've already discussed, you need some realistic way to fund this lifetime of travel.
>>
read four hour work week? its all about automating passive income so you earn banging your head on the laptop or clipping your toenails by the beach. Not easy, but possibly worth it.
>>
I can't say for certain, because I don't know you, but you might try travelling to 3-5 places that you have always wanted to visit. After visiting them I would be really surprised if you still wanted to travel the rest of your life.

I have extended family in Japan, but after a month there, I was like, "Holy shit, can we go back to the states now?"

I'm not trying to tell you that travelling is stupid or a waste of time, all I'm saying is that travelling involves a certain amount of stress and takes mental + physical energy to do.

I think you should save and travel as much as you like, but I would be surprised if you didn't get sick of travel after about five countries/locations.
>>
>>18451556
Do close protection work on a cruise
Or join the armed forces

Here in the RAF, even our engineers travel the whole world.
>>
>>18451784
>I have extended family in Japan, but after a month there, I was like, "Holy shit, can we go back to the states now?"
Are you crazy, why
Nihon is like best place on this planet especially if you are a tourist
>>
>>18451556
Literally the only things you can do are win the lottery, inherit millions or more realistically, start an online business.

Im trying to do the same thing as you.
>>
>>18451593
You are an idiot, there are tons of ways
>>18451560
You can teach english abroad.
If you're from france, there's the service civique.
There's always wwoofing if you're down for that.
You could work online esp since you're studying computer science.
>>
>>18451556
If you're not winning billions in a lottery or being a filthy rich trust fund kid, it's really hard to do.
Aside from the funds, there's also lots of issue that come with that kind of nomad lifestyle.

First and foremost is your body. Do you really have the confidence you could feed it with the proper nutritions and balanced diet regularly? For examples third world cuisine is not something that always good, one wrong food and you could literally shit yourself to death because your stomach are not adapted to consume them.
Second, it's undeniable you'll need an infrastructure to survive, call it home, basecamp, hideout. Even homeless in japan would form a kind of tribe and built cardboard houses.
Third, the locals, it's a global era, but to truth remain same that locals would be very extremely cautious towards the foreigner. If you're a tourist they'll tolerate your shenanigans, but if you're a hobo nomad? Good luck with that.

I think what you've wanted is just to not be bored, a good compromise perhaps is instead of being a nomad like you're planning to be is to become an entrepreneur so you'll have lots of freedom for yourself first while still building a steady stream of incomes.
After than you could go to another country regulartl to live for weeks like a retreat, vacation, rent locals' housing and shit to experience the culture at its fullest etc.
>>
>>18452006
when someone says you cant, its because they cant. find those who are already doing what you want and follow them.
>>
I feel like there's something immature about wanting to dedicate your life to being a glorified tourist.
>>
>>18451556
Well I work for the foreign ministry (Embassy worker) and get transferred every 3-4 years, so I guess that may work for you?
>>
>>18452028
This.
>>18452062
I think you don't understand what actually traveling is.
>>
>>18451556
apply to jobs in desired country
>>
>>18452410
Travelling for pleasure = tourism.
Hitchhiking is still tourism.
Riding a motorcycle through Vietnam is still tourism.
Sleeping in parks in Japan is still tourism.
Taking sleeper trains in India is still tourism.
Lodging in buddhist monastery/sikh temple is still tourism.
Going somewhere with the purpose of hitting on local girls is still tourism.
*Insert your realtraveller activity here* is still tourism.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.