[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boss romance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

How do I make things go back to the normal and formal state? Some lines have been crossed and things have gradually become awkward and I don't mind a flirt or a sign of affection here and there but I'm mostly aroused by the authority of my superior and I would like to keep the relationship mostly formal and professional and not become too personal outside of work.

Any way to do this without fucking things up?
>>
>>18451491
>lines been crossed
PiV?
>>
>>18451491
>professional
>sleeps with boss
Yeah, no. Get new job or just ask him on proper date.

Pretending nothing happened wont work probably.
>>
>>18451491
a drunken kiss at the office christmas party is harmless enough; getting banged over the desk after work on Friday evenings is a bit much.

Pretending it never happened if it was just a mutually regretted once-off might be the best thing, contrary to what anon above says.

Not so sure about going on a date though given what OP states.
>>
>>18451514
>>18451520
No PiV yet, but he's pushing for it I think.

So far, hang outs outsides of work, every day texts, hugs, touches, kisses and gifts. Keeping it professional at work though - something I love and would like to stick to.

I just want to limit our interaction outside of office as much as possible without making him feel rejected. I think I like the fact he's in a position of power more than as a person because we're not even compatible. And I can't give up my job I just got it and it's the best I could have obtained ...
>>
>>18451533
well you're just going to have to make yourself clear that you're not up for it, gently but firmly, and maintain a safe distance emotionally, without becoming an ice-queen overnight.
>>
>>18451522
Thing is things are escalating quick and one thing leads to another and I don't know how to put a stop to it without ruining our relationship.

I like the attention since I consider him cute and a good person it's just that the two of us are not suited for each other because of the (12 year) age gap and differences in mentality. I look up to him as a supervisor and sort of a protector. I just don't know how to suggest something more platonic and formal, would rather turn this into a dramatic forbidden love than keep going down this path.
>>
>>18451533
Throw him one of your single friend instead of you. Make them a pair so he has new victim to put his dick in.

Tell him you dont want to date him.
>texts, hugs, touches, kisses, gifts
Meh, who am i kidding here, you WANT to date him, dont you?
>>
>>18451542
I have tried, subtly and more clearly. But he keeps crossing boundaries and I can't bluntly reject him without running the risk of damaging my career. I'm new and have a bad reputation already (apparently smiling and being polite to male coworkers equals interest and flirting) so I can't do much about it. And he's also the overly hopeless romantic so he uses his deep feelings as justification for any mistake and intrusion
>>
>>18451546
>Meh, who am i kidding here, you WANT to date him, dont you?

Guilty.
But the pace is to fast and I have a bad feeling it's not going to end well. And we're going too far. And I'm slightly asexual with a fear of commitment, so of course it won't end well.

He says he's not interested in anyone else. He sees me through rose colored glasses.
>>
>>18451565
Well, start looking for new job and enjoy dating. Maybe it will work good and you will marry your boss. It can happen.

>fear of commitment
That is boys problem. Girls are supposted to want it by default.

>asexual
Dont fall for asexual meme.
>>
so, OP. you do realise you're about to unleash the r9k brigade and beta office drones on your pseudo-slutty ass, don't you?

this is /adv/ but you're not looking for advice since you've already admitted that you're leading the boss on, that you're flirting away in the office, that you basically want the D for the sake of the D, and you're just afraid of ruining your career.

so what in the name of fuck do you want us to do about it?

greentext it over at /b/ or something, but take your snark elsewhere, cheers. we have no help for you here.

>asexual
my hole.
>>
>>18451618
>>18451643
It's been more than an hour and it's still quiet around here. The robots are sleeping.

I agree to what you've said minus the wanting the D. That's my issue here, boss probably wants to eventually give the D but I don't want it.

>asexual
How do you call someone who has low to almost inexistent libido and at best is more interested in the idea of sex than the act itself, which he/she slides away from and would rather do something else instead?
>>
>>18451670
but you keep telling us you're leading him on, and all that, come on, just admit it to yourself.

you don't even know yourself you're doing it, typical woman, "Oh look at me, I'm asexual" while crossing your pantiless crotch sharon-stone style at this poor Chad...

the idea turns you on, but not the act, and how is he supposed to know you're simply using him as a human-sized fantasy prop?

come on, now, just admit it...
>>
>>18451679
Only physical contact we have is when he touches me on the arm or knee out of the blue or 'steals a kiss' and then I push him away.

I admit to liking to having this power/authority fantasy that I project onto him, therefore admit to liking his attention but I can't possibly explain it to him since his views on love and relationships are typical and he wouldn't understand me. He'd be it's this or that, black or white.
I admit to getting into shit myself, so I'm asking for help for damage control
>>
>>18451691
we've told you what to do: stop flirting and be professional, or start looking for a new job.
>>
>>18451701
And at this point, how does one stop flirting and revert to being professional without making the other feel rejected, possibly insulted for having been led on?
>>
>>18451704
that's your problem, little Miss Disclosure.

see above for tips tho'.

tell us when you figure it out, given what you've told us, I doubt you'll be getting much sympathy from the legions of incels...

Protip (cause I'm such a sucker for grils): just keep telling him it's a bad idea cause work and shit. keep it pro, leave muh feels out of it.
>>
Read the scene in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo where Lizbeth tells her boss "I like you, but I want to keep my job. That's why I'm keeping things professional. Do you understand?"

Be polite, but firm, and most importantly, be CLEAR.
>>
>>18451716
Have been trying that too but I get the 'but we are not doing anything wrong!' 'we can keep it out of the workplace!' or the cringey one 'love will conquer all and we'll figure it out!'.

Reading back on everything, now I actually think I deserve this. Oh well.

You're a good anon and I appreciate your responses.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.