[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5 1/2 years - broke up with me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1497975145027.png (745KB, 632x634px) Image search: [Google]
1497975145027.png
745KB, 632x634px
Let me try and be brief on the situation, anyone needing more details can ask
>GF "falls in love" with someone in another country
>Met online through gaming
>Realistically will never be together
>Has known him like a month in total
>Broke up with me because her feelings for him ended up overshadowing her feelings for me, says all she knows now is she has feelings for him and doesnt know if she has feelings for me
>Our relationship had been cooler since we got out of the honeymoon phase but there was still passion between us, totally went away when she got feelings for this guy however
>Were together 5 1/2 years
>Told me that she couldnt be committed to me when she loves someone else and it prevented either of our needs from being fulfilled anymore
>Still believes I am the best friend she has ever had in her entire life and loves me so much she cant bear to think of actually losing me
>Also her only boyfriend ever and the only person she has ever had sex with or done more than kiss with
>Isn't intending on starting a relationship with him "immediately"

Assuming I want to get her back what is my immediate course of action, anons
>>
My advice, don't take her back. As blunt as it sounds she's just admitted to not caring about you as much as someone else she met for a month... in another country... that's sad. Please move on anon, if not she'll have you wrapped around her finger. Only stay if you're certain she's gonna cut ties with this guy for you, and when I say certain I mean 100% definitely not talking to him.
>>
Count yourself lucky she didn't do this once you were married with a kid. That's the problem with girls and only having had one guy in their life they are easily conned into newer stuff.

As much as it sucks cut your losses and don't accept her back. As much as you want to it's not a good idea. There's no guarantee she won't do this again. The trust in your relationship is gone, once that happens there's no coming back.
>>
>>18451341
I mean she cares for me more compassionately, but passionately i guess hes rocketed onto the scene with the excitement of something new. She doesnt intend on being with him unless he somehow immigrates here (he is very young and has literally 0 income), but the fact that the new tinglies for this person have overcome her, ah I also forgot, she said she would always regret never seeing if there was something "better", when I pressed her about this she said "maybe the feelings will never become milder with him, maybe theyll always be so intense", she practically pleaded with me for one opportunity to see if that was possible no matter how much I logically told her it wasn't possible.
>>
what is it with all this emotional cucking?

OP, just man up and figure out what to do to get your girl back.
>>
>>18451344
>That's the problem with girls and only having had one guy in their life they are easily conned into newer stuff.
Wisdom right here, take note.
>>
Move on, don't even think twice about it. Don't over think it, just let her go. Besides if tomorrow she said that she doesn't like him anymore would you still trust her? Knowing full well that she was easily entranced by a random guy online?
>>
>>18451356
>just figure it out
If I knew I would do it, I've thought hard about it for awhile now. Thats why I came here. I mean yes our relationship wasn't perfect and there are definitely things I want to improve on but to actually have that matter we need to be together, and the only way to be together is if the feelings for this other guy are less than the feelings for me or have subsided enough that she has a clear head about the situation
>>
>>18451364

Everyone's giving you pretty solid advice anon. If she's so into this new guy, then what's left for you? Even if she does somehow get with him and then break up with him, how would you feel about that? You'll never know when it could happen.

Similar situation - my gf of 5 years and I just broke up a month ago. We were best friends and it was painful, but it was for the best.

My advice? You might be best friends, but you need to move on with your life. Just leave her behind completely, and wish her good luck. Be firm about it. And no matter what, DO NOT contact her again or continue talking to her. You'll just end up in her orbit forever.
>>
>>18451384
I dont get this attitude, couldnt the same be said about any girl who has ever done something like this in the past? Say the advice is to cut her off until she comes crawling back to me and I do that, maybe she comes maybe she doesnt and if she does - how does that put me in the submissive? How is that different than getting with a girl who has before left a LTR? Do I refuse her because she could to the same at any moment? No, I do not.

I asked for specific advice and got told something contrary. I understand the risks, I see the warnings. I know what I am diving into. if you cannot in good conscience help me do what I endeavor to accomplish then I appreciate the moral compass but it is not what I am seeking.
>>
>>18451391
Fine. Immediate course of actions? Don't appear too broken up or clingy, but also don't appear too willing to give up on the relationship because this is also a test for her to see how committed you are to her. You'll want to show that you still have "passion" for her though. The whole reason she likes this guy is because it's something new, she's had the same thing (you) for all her life and no other partners. Propose something drastic that is new or out of the ordinary for the both of you, like a romantic get away or starting a class together or something.
>>
>>18451413
Sounds good, romantic getaway may be hard considering we are in a strange hell of not dating but not platonic. Class may be easier to manage, however I feel like it may not be the same. Perhaps taking her on a date, but I get dressy for it? I haven't gotten dressy for her in years and she LOVES dressy men
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.