[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christian /adv/ice General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 25

File: 1479300223721.jpg (46KB, 724x446px) Image search: [Google]
1479300223721.jpg
46KB, 724x446px
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)

This is a Christian /adv/ice thread. Everybody is welcome to share and receive Christian /adv/ice. God Bless.

READ THE BIBLE
http://www.biblica.com/bible/reading-plans
LISTEN TO THE BIBLE
http://www.divinerevelations.info/documents/bible/esv_mp3_no_ot_2ndversion
WATCH THE BIBLE
https://fullbiblemovies.blogspot.ca/

TESTIMONY
>Heaven NDE, Life Review, Gifts, Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K4YxWGpi3M
>From New Age To Jesus - My Testimony
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMu5F2icsT8
>My Life Story Before I Gave My Life To Christ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xyQFagz7io

MUSIC
>Before The Morning
https://youtu.be/D__VGv6vWmM
>Stronger
https://youtu.be/kV47SC7mSyc
>Great Are You Lord
https://youtu.be/HWFU4i09Pek

PRAYER & WORSHIP
>International House of Prayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/ihopkc/live
>>
>>18450818
Is God male because of his chromosomes and penis or because he identifies as a male?
>>
>>18450820
God is not a human, we are created in God's image, God is Spirit
>>
>>18450823
But he refers to himself as a he, correct? Otherwise, he would be a Goddess.
>>
Why doesn't God just answer me?
>>
>>18450825
Yes, we refer to God as He because Adam was created by God so God gives Adam the title so to speak. Eve was created from Adam, so her title is Woman because she was formed out of Man.
>>
File: 1492528733699.jpg (3MB, 4000x3507px) Image search: [Google]
1492528733699.jpg
3MB, 4000x3507px
>>18450831
God doesn't answer people He doesn't know. Do you know Him? When was the last time you got into your prayer closet and sought Him out His Face? Seek first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Be patient. Remember the prophet Jeremiah had to wait 10 days to hear back from God. Jesus the Son of God prayed every night in the mountains and fasted for 40 days in the wilderness. Faith without works is dead. Start reading your Bible in the Spirit. Seek and you will find.
>>
>>18450839
What? Do I have to network with him? Exchange numbers and set up a business meeting?
He knows me or at least claims to in the book. He knows everyone's life before they are born.

God is always there, by your side except for me I feel nothing nor hear nothing.

Once he replied with action alone and perhaps twice but never once has he talked with me.
>>
File: 1474247670160.jpg (34KB, 481x600px) Image search: [Google]
1474247670160.jpg
34KB, 481x600px
>>18450848
God speaks to us primarily through His Word. You may not feel anything, that's okay, generally not much happens. This is because we are baby Christians and we need to grow in the Spirit with Him. You need to set aside time to read His Word and pray to Him. Faith without works is dead. You cannot work your way into Heaven, neither can you faith your way into Heaven. You need balance. The Holy Spirit will give you this balance. When you believe upon Jesus' name, and what He did on the cross for our sins, Jesus will give you the Holy Spirit. God is Spirit, and those that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. Seek and you will find.

Daily Communion:

(1) Read scripture or Pray

(2) Repent sins

(3) Break Bread (The Body of Christ Jesus) in the Name of the Father Jehovah, in the Name of the Son Jesus Christ of Nazareth, in the Name of the Holy Spirit the Counselor

(4) Read scripture or Pray

(5) Drink Wine or Grape juice (The Blood of Jesus Christ) in the Name of the Father Jehovah, in the Name of the Son Jesus Christ of Nazareth, in the Name of the Holy Spirit the Counselor

(6) Read scripture, Pray or Sing
>>
>>18450855
But what is the point if he doesn't respond?
>>
The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, “God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.” And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, “God be merciful to me a sinner.”
>>
Just what is with all the Christfags recently on 4Chan? Of all fucking places, I mean what the fucking fuck?

Shouldn't you plebs be out missionising in some dump like NYC, or Detroit or somewhere?

Just fuck off already.
>>
File: 1485419489856.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1485419489856.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
>>18450869
God does respond, you just aren't able to hear Him yet because your heart isn't open to Him

Sin separates us from God, this is why you need to seek God's Face and be righteous
>>
File: 1477607172599.png (397KB, 845x476px) Image search: [Google]
1477607172599.png
397KB, 845x476px
>>18450873
Amen. God looks at the heart, man looks on the outside.

https://youtu.be/X1SuHByAgno
>>
>Monday: girl who is a friend of mine asks me to distract her ex-bf (an estranged friend of mine) because he's supposedly harassing her
>Tuesday: I text him and arrange an evening of drinking and Vidya to take his mind off her this weekend
>Thursday: an acquaintance tells me she saw them holding hands walking down the street, on the way to work from her place

What's going on? Am I being manipulated? Basically my friend asked me to comfort/distract her bf because he was supposedly harassing her but apparently they're back together and didn't tell me, so I'm still scheduled to hang out with the guy.

I mean, I want to hang out with him, he's a cool guy and works in a field I'm trying to move into so it would be nice to pick his brain, but this is fishy. These are people I used to hang out with on a weekly basis but whom I drifted apart from over the past year, and now somehow I'm being dragged into their drama. I know that these people always talk to each other when they're together so I think the guy might actually be aware that I only contacted him at his gf's bequest.

I can't deal with drama. Should I just pretend I don't know what's happening and focus on being supportive to this guy?

I want to be a good friend to these people, even if they aren't telling me everything, and I want to leave a good impact on them because I'm moving away and I think they both have serious potential as professionals. They both had hard lives which left them emotionally labile.
>>
Hey Christian anons! I ain't mocking y'all I do believe in the bible, but I challenge something that it says. I wish to absolve myself in sin to be sent into hell, The Lord says no mortal has power over Satan but I believe otherwise. Satan can do nothing but tempt us yet it seems like humanity is falling for his temptation more and more over the course of the past half century. So that's it, I want to be damned to hell, land of eternal suffering, to put Satan down once and for all. Whatchya think my odds are?
>>
>>18450823
>>18450834
>>18450855
>>18450839
>>18450896

Haha get a load of this fortune cookie bullshit. Hey, I've got a question buddy: you said God speaks through "His Word" right? Should I still drag adulterers to the city gates and stone them to death? Deuteronomy 22:24 right? I mean, some dipshit told me we don't because Jesus invalidated that or something, but Matthew 5:17-18 says the Old Law is relevant as it ever was, so I'm a little fuzzy on that one. Pray for me. :^)
>>
File: 1488757001010.jpg (120KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488757001010.jpg
120KB, 1920x1080px
>>18450941
If she's with him, then he is probably okay. If you want to move into the field he is in, then ask him about it. If you're afraid of asking the guy, then ask his girlfriend. Also, make sure to pray about this. God primarily speaks to us through His Word so spend some time reading the Bible in the Spirit and pray. God Bless.

https://youtu.be/1NHQJWdXfFE
>>
>>18450949
Even if you "killed" Satan in hell, you would be stuck in hell because in most interpretations of Christianity you can't simply wash away your sins by killing a bad guy.
>>
File: 1494343867443.jpg (660KB, 2133x1420px) Image search: [Google]
1494343867443.jpg
660KB, 2133x1420px
>>18450954
You need to read the Bible with the force and power of the Holy Spirit. Jesus said that He would send down His Helper after He ascended into Heaven. If we believe upon His Name, Jesus will send down the Holy Spirit the Counselor who will guide us in all things.

There are two phrases in the Bible: "an eye for an eye" and "love thy neighbor." Which one do you think is the more powerful statement? Be smart and point your nose to Heaven, to all that is Good. Repent and follow Jesus.
>>
>>18450957
Good idea.

I can't believe I didn't think to pray about this specifically. I'll reflect on it in my daily prayer/meditation block tomorrow. Thanks.

Probably I am overcomplicating things. I'll just focus on being kind to each of them and not get involved in gossip.
>>
>>18450964
Nah man, I think there are a lot more than 2 phrases in the Bible. It's pretty long. Are you avoiding answering my question? It just seems like the Bible offers a very consistent or useful worldview.

Why does God let ISIS exist? I thought he was omnipotent and omnibenevolent. Is it evil to make raping, enslaving, and decapitating women part of your divine plan?
>>
File: 1491108812238.jpg (32KB, 432x325px) Image search: [Google]
1491108812238.jpg
32KB, 432x325px
>>18450996
>Why does God let ISIS exist? I thought he was omnipotent and omnibenevolent. Is it evil to make raping, enslaving, and decapitating women part of your divine plan?
No, and by the way, it's Satan deceiving men to cause all the destruction and chaos in the world. Why aren't you blaming the devil?

Everybody has decisions to make. To kill, or not to kill. To love, or not to love. Sin builds upon sin, leading to more sin. If everybody would resist temptation, stop sinning, and worship God, we wouldn't have problems like this. Adam disobeyed God by eating of the fruit, and there are consequences to sin.

Certain things must happen before certain things can occur. There are things about God we simply don't know for His Way are above our ways. His Thoughts are above our thoughts. One day, you will die and come face-to-face with God. Either way, you will have to acknowledge that Jesus is the Christ.
>>
video very much related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdkSnT12F0g&t=35s
>>
File: 1492031137390.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492031137390.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>18451017
https://youtu.be/YHhhrWQGzk0
>>
>>18450965
Yes, I understand you are going through some difficult times. I will pray for you. God Bless.
>>
LMAO POSTING CHRISTIAN STUFF ON 4CHAN OR MOST OF REALITY WILL NEVER WORK BECUASE PEOPLE ARE TOO SHALLOW IN THEIR INTERPRETATIONS OF ALL THIS. EVEN MOST CHRISTIANS. CHIST HAS COOL ADVICE TRUU BUT WITHOUTDEPTH ITS JUST MUMBOJUMBO. "LOVE YOUR ENEMIES" "LET THE HOLY SPIRIT ENTER YOU" "LET GODS WORD SPEAK THROUGH YOU" LMAO IF SOMEONE WITHOUT DEPTH SEES THIS THEYLL START IMAGINING SUPERNATURAL BULLSHIT LIKE EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD! AND THEY THINK THEYRE THE REASONABLE ONES BECAUSE THE MAINSTREAM 'CHRISTIANS' ALSO INTERPRIT IT SHALLOWLY BUT THEY ACTUALLY FUCKING BELIEVE IT!! THATS EVEN CRAZIER. AND SO THE HALF THAT INTERPRITS IT SHALLOWLY BUT DOESNT BELIEVE IT ACTUALLY THINKS THEYRE THE REASONABLE AND SMART ONES GIMMEA BREAK THATS NOT THE WAY THE AUTHORS IMAGINED IT FOR YOU WHEN THEY WROTEIT.
>>
God won't forgive me anymore
>>
File: 1488569815959.png (57KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1488569815959.png
57KB, 300x300px
>>18451287
It's because you don't believe in the supernatural. There is a spiritual dimension to all of this. /adv/ out of all places on this site needs the most help. Jesus can give you the best /adv/ice. You are right that many so-called Christians don't interpret the Bible literally, but that is their problem and not Jesus Christ in general.
>>
>>18451293
I never said anything against christianity. I said that the bible and jesus have alot of great stuff I dont like using the word spiritual because its overused and it deters non 'spiritual' persons. yeah what u say is true I believe there will come a time when our interpretation of chistianity and, more broadly, reality itself will be the norm.
>>
File: 1485133836475.jpg (6KB, 189x266px) Image search: [Google]
1485133836475.jpg
6KB, 189x266px
>>18451292
>God won't forgive me anymore
That is a lie from Satan. The Blood of Jesus covers all sins (only exceptions are blaspheming Holy Spirit and taking the Mark of the Beast).

I just want to invite you to give Jesus Christ an open mind. All you have to do is pray and believe in your heart that He died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose again and ascended into Heaven where He sits on the Right Hand of the Father. If you believe this, you have the Holy Spirit dwelling in you and you can start reading the Bible and get to know God. God speaks to us primarily through His Word.
>>
File: 1487409474817.jpg (35KB, 407x569px) Image search: [Google]
1487409474817.jpg
35KB, 407x569px
>>18451301
I understand, God Bless you. Remember to stop sinning and seek God's Face.
>>
File: 1443238485120.jpg (20KB, 420x418px) Image search: [Google]
1443238485120.jpg
20KB, 420x418px
Just had gay sex 2 hours ago.

AMA
>>
>>18450884
this
there was that one christfag really sperging out in the Ask another Gender a while back

guys, pray for us all you want, but ffs, don't come to us.
Swwet please with sugar on top
>>
>>18451303
But God told me he wouldn't forgive me anymore.
>>
Okay so God is omniscient and omnipotent right, and infinite. The universe is His creation and also Him. So is Satan ultimately under God's control as a means by which to test people? Who is Satan, anyway? Why does God need angels in the first place?
>>
>>18451303
Forgive me for my mean posts.. I'm really desperate... Had this issue since 2015 November 8
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>18450818
OP watch the Martin Scorcese film: "Silence". In the film the main characters had to figure out a way to be Christian while in a cruel Japan. Like those Christian missionaries 4chan is not the place for church time. If you want a good place to convert people try the hospitals or perhaps the nursery homes for old people. It's the same for Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Pagan believes.

4chan I'm sure respects religions, but as far as I know none of us when we are on this site are in the mood for being preached. I'm a Christian, but I believe 4chan is not the place for being preached.
>>
>>18450848
god isn't a person
god is in all things
>>
>>18451414
And why did he need prophets that allegedly mainly showed up 3300-3500 and 2000 (or for islam, 1400 years) ago to deliver an extremely muddy message that most of the world has very obviously misunderstood?

Even within Christianity there is no agreement on almost anything once you get to details on where you should actually set priorities on how you act.

An omnipotent creator god that cared about some rules would just have put them in a clearly understandable, unambiguous form into everyone's mind from birth. To reference at will.
>>
>>18450825
>>18450820
It would be a mistake to solely apply male characteristics to God. As all encompassing, God is as feminine and maternal as masculine and paternal.
"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!" - Matthew 23:27
>>
>>18451414
Satan is a metaphor not only for elements of nature that cannot be controlled, but for internal destructive human tendencies. We constantly must grapple with our deviation or rebellion from God's will. It is a consequence of knowing good that we too must know evil. Once knowing evil, we can be tempted to do evil.
>>18451747
If I knew the answer, I wouldn't still be posting on 4chan.
>>
So Christians what's the deal with masturbating? Is it a sin? The only scriptures that say it's a sin are apparently that one that says you're committing adultery if you look at a woman with lust thoughts but I think that means a married woman. Anyway if masturbation in moderation is healthy, is it a sin or just something we have to do in moderation and avoid as much as we can? How much does masturbation offend God?
>>
Christians, how do you pray? I often get asked by Catholics to pray for their family or for something hard they are enduring, but either way I'm asking Christians in general, not just Catholics. How exactly do you pray? I mean do you just think about the person and ask God to help them in your mind? Since I'm around Catholics I also repeat some prayers but still I'm not sure what I'm actually supposed to do. I know praying is meant to be like talking to God, but needless to say I can't hear him or feel like he's specifically listening to me.
>>
>>18451805
>Satan is a metaphor not only for elements of nature that cannot be controlled, but for internal destructive human tendencies. We constantly must grapple with our deviation or rebellion from God's will. It is a consequence of knowing good that we too must know evil. Once knowing evil, we can be tempted to do evil.
Satan is not a metaphor but a being.
>>
>>18451844
Does God love Satan more than he loves us? Does he love other angels more than us?
>>
>>18451008
Still avoiding the question? My oh my. So God allows evil in the world because...? He must be either not all powerful, or not entirely good. If he was entirely good and powerful, he would intervene to prevent this needless death and destruction. So he must be either unable or unwilling. Are you arguing that he allows mankind free will and we/Satan abuses this? That everything is ultimately for the good but we just happen to deviate to evil?
How do you know God isn't evil? That he wants us to be as evil and destructive as possible, but by offering human empathy and compassion, we defy his plan? The free will argument works both ways.
>>18451844
>Satan is a metaphor
FULL DAMAGE CONTROL
>>
>>18452293
Evil is necessary to contextualize the good... without a reference of evil we would have nothing to choose between. You're missing the point of Christianity, which is salvation through work. Through our capacity for thought and choice we gain the capacity for sin, and through good words and deeds we must prove that our devotion to God is more powerful than our desire to do evil.
I mean, if you want to call it a musty old morality handbook you're not really wrong, but a lot of people read it.
>>
>>18450818
the sheih is more holy than the pope
>discuss
>>
>>18452348
Guy that you replied to here. The "point" of Christianity is salvation not through good works, but through belief in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. You can live an extremely ethical life and do good works until your hands are worked raw, but as far as mainstream Christian theology is concerned you're still going to be mercilessly tortured in hell for eternity if you don't believe that a man who died in the Levant 2000 years ago was the actual son of the one God of the entire universe. And the "capacity for thought and choice" still brings us back to the problem of free will, the 'evil god' hypothesis, the problem of evil. Christianity is fine until you get to people like OP, who offer no actual concrete advice about the ethics of actions or how to healthily confront destructive emotions and instead spout platitudes. He doesn't care about helping people, he wants to evangelize.
>>
>>18452348
Evil is not necessary, God is almighty and all powerful. He created evil because he wanted to, not because he *had* to. Otherwise it will mean he is bound to certain laws of reality he can't bend, making him not all powerful.
Unless what you mean is exactly that, that he created evil for a reason.
Does being the creator of evil make him evil though?
>but God didn't create evil
I think there's some line in the old testament that says he did. Isaiah 45:7
>but I don't believe in the OT
Me neither though.
>>
File: 1474334253654.jpg (35KB, 536x464px) Image search: [Google]
1474334253654.jpg
35KB, 536x464px
>>18451702
“You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do men light a candle and put it under a basket, but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

(Matthew 5:14-16)

Amen.
>>
File: 1476894945245.jpg (41KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
1476894945245.jpg
41KB, 640x384px
>>18451715
We don't worship God's creation, we worship God

Don't listen to the lies of the devil, my friend
>>
File: 1470158037840.gif (301KB, 350x464px) Image search: [Google]
1470158037840.gif
301KB, 350x464px
How does one actually go about joining a church? I want to go to the Lutheran Church in my town but I dont know now to dress, what to do, why to say, etc
>>
File: 1486520889925.jpg (8KB, 236x207px) Image search: [Google]
1486520889925.jpg
8KB, 236x207px
>>18451417
I forgive you. Most importantly, Jesus forgive you. You also need to forgive yourself.

It's time to get in the Spirit and seek God. Jesus said, "...whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water that I shall give him will become in him a well of water springing up into eternal life.” (John 4:14)

Are you ready to drink this water that gives you eternal life? Get on your knees right now and cry out to God. Even if you think He is not listening, Jesus is right there with you. Believe in your heart that Jesus died on the cross for your sins, was buried, rose again on the third day, and ascended into Heaven where He sits on the right hand of the Father. Jesus is alive. The world may think God is not alive. But God is alive. In fact, He is here right now reading your heart seeing if you are willing to open up your life to Him. When you believe upon His Name, He will send down His Counselor -- The Holy Spirit -- which will guide you in all things. You will never be alone. Give your life over to Jesus right now for the end is near.
>>
>>18452293
Uhh, I think he answered your question, you're just up on your high horse and didn't actually take time to read his response. Typical pretentious fedora atheism right there and I'm not even religious.
>>
>>18451772
that sounds absolutely horrific
no wonder why people were scared of angels
>>
File: 1491212122291.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491212122291.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>18452618
Joining a church is fine, but don't neglect Jesus. Start by repenting of your sins and pray to God, believe what Jesus did on the cross for your sins. Faith without works is dead. Read your Bible, or listen to it. I suggest starting from the Book of Matthew and work your way around the Bible cover-to-cover. Listen to what Jesus has to say:

http://www.divinerevelations.info/documents/bible/esv_mp3_no_ot_2ndversion/?dir=New_Testament

Remember, and this is in the Bible too so start reading, God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in Spirit and in Truth. Get in the Spirit and start seeking God. Read the Bible with the force and power of the Holy Spirit. Remember that Satan is the best Bible scholar in this fallen world, he used the Scriptures against Jesus, he will definitely use it against you to sow confusion. Be led in the Holy Spirit, and let nothing replace it.

https://youtu.be/X1SuHByAgno
>>
File: 1482759236333.jpg (15KB, 469x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482759236333.jpg
15KB, 469x600px
>>18451823
Jesus Christ gives us an outline in the Bible on how to pray, we don't repeat this prayer verbatim every time, but it's fine to read this initially to help you grow in your prayer life:

Our Father dwelling in Heavenly Realms, may the glory of Your Name be the Center on which our lives turn.

Manifest your Kingdom Realm and cause Your Every Purpose to be fulfilled on Earth just as it is fulfilled in Heaven.

We acknowledge you as our provider of all we need each day.

Forgive us the wrongs we have done, as we ourselves release forgiveness to those who have wronged us.

Rescue us every time we face tribulations and set us free from evil.

For you are the King who Rules with Power and Glory Forever.

Amen.

(Matthew 6:9-13)
>>
OP, what do you think of merging faith with the sciences, or cooperating with other religions for their Stark similarity with Christianity, like Buddhism?
Is that not still growing your spirit with God? Church is awful, the Bible is 'outdated', and the former mentioned seems like a much better use of time.
>>
File: 1492333320751.jpg (47KB, 789x425px) Image search: [Google]
1492333320751.jpg
47KB, 789x425px
>>18452293
I'm sorry I cannot answer all your questions, I wish I could in hopes so you would be willing to open up your heart, however God says in the Bible and in prophecies today that there are certain things He will not answer. There are things that do not make sense, for example, we were given a choice before we came into this world of what we will accomplish.

I can tell you that God is not evil. Start by reading the Book of Matthew and read about Jesus, do you think an evil man would go around healing people and raising people from the dead, telling them to stop sinning?

Be smart and point your nose to Heaven, to all that is Good. Give God a chance, God gives you a chance every day by raising the sun on your face. You should be praising and worshipping God for giving you life every day.

http://www.divinerevelations.info/documents/bible/esv_mp3_no_ot_2ndversion/?dir=New_Testament
>>
File: 1495625440423.jpg (26KB, 402x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495625440423.jpg
26KB, 402x600px
>>18452657
>Church is awful, the Bible is 'outdated', and the former mentioned seems like a much better use of time.
I agree church can be awful, but the Bible is not outdated, God speaks primarily to us through His Word. Many so-called Christians do not even read the Bible, many die without even having read the entire Bible in the Spirit. You need to read the Bible with the force and power of the Holy Spirit, which you receive when you believe upon Jesus' name and He did for you on the cross. Satan has been deceiving you all this time, and you need to resist the devil and his lies. Read the Bible in the Spirit and see what God has to say for you, all your questions are answered in the Bible. You don't need anything else outside of the Bible to help you in your relationship with God.
>>
File: 1486268086723.jpg (183KB, 1200x525px) Image search: [Google]
1486268086723.jpg
183KB, 1200x525px
>>18451813
>So Christians what's the deal with masturbating? Is it a sin?
Yes, it is sin. Do you think Jesus would do those things? I was addicted to pornography and masturbation but I haven't done it in years, no need to do. I had to go through a rebooting process outlined here: https://yourbrainonporn.com/reboot_your_brain

Also, if you fell into the PMO addiction hole, you can definitely climb out of it. No excuses. Nobody said it would be easy, but you need to fight your way out of it.
>>
>>18452659

What "prophesies today" are you referring to? Are there modern-day prophets? If so, who are they?
>>
File: 1481696567186.jpg (116KB, 701x542px) Image search: [Google]
1481696567186.jpg
116KB, 701x542px
>>18452675
They're everywhere if you look around. The important thing is you have the Holy Spirit to discern what is true prophecy from false ones. The Bible tells us how to do these things. This is why it is important to be in the Spirit.

Also, if you have the Holy Spirit and gift of prophecy, God may use you to prophecy. Again, the Holy Spirit the Counselor will guide you.
>>
>>18451008
Question. It wouldn't be wrong to want to know God better right? If we understand his ways then it would be beneficial to us all.
>>
File: 1487631690563.jpg (67KB, 724x450px) Image search: [Google]
1487631690563.jpg
67KB, 724x450px
>>18452699
>It wouldn't be wrong to want to know God better right? If we understand his ways then it would be beneficial to us all.
Yes, and you do that by reading the Bible in the Spirit. And I don't say this to "evangelize" to you or "convert" you or whatever. I really mean it and I don't tell this to other people as a catchy soundbite. When I read the Bible cover-to-cover multiple times, I slowly understood God's character and know who He is.

If you want to get a quick introduction, I suggest you read about Jesus who is the Son of God. We worship God (Jehovah, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit). You can listen to the four gospels, starting with the Book of Matthew. It only takes as long as a Netflix TV show:

>>
>>18452723
Thank you. I will check it out.
>>
>>18450818
Hey it's you again :)
>>
Hello, brothers. I've been researching and reading the Bible, and it's a most interesting read —specially in the books sense. I don't know what took me so long to read it as a literature lover, not only as a Christian.

However, one point stands out. I can make sense of most if not all of the teachings of Jesus, for it is applicable on everyday life. Except for one; the turn the other cheek thing. Jesus himself doesn't seem to be portrayed as an overly pacifist man, but rather as a serious, good, peaceful man. I sense strength and confidence in his words. He is not a weak man. But that passage in special strikes me in a weird manner. Are we to just accept violence? I read that i must be a misinterpretation. So, what are your opinions of it? It makes no sense that it teaches us how to be good men just to advocate weakness or overly-passiveness? Please share your thoughts.
>>
>>18453716
Bump.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.