[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should I seek help about thoughts of suicide? I'm worried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 20170623_230250.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170623_230250.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
How should I seek help about thoughts of suicide? I'm worried I'll be sent to a mental hospital. I would rather kill myself than humiliate myself and my family by being institutionalized. Can I just go to a psychiatrist or psychologist and say that I've had this of suicide without getting sent to a mental hospital? Will they help me?
>>
You are better off discussing it here honestly...
>>
>>18450708
I think I need medication honestly. I've had thoughts of suicide every day for about two years but within the last 4 months, the thoughts have gotten so persistent that I am thinking of killing myself non-stop. It interferes with every aspect of my life and I have nothing in my future I look forward to anymore.
>>
how serious are those thoughts?
imve been to therapy and admited to suicidal tendencies and it was never a question to institutionalize me. i guess it depends on the circumstances. anyways, if they think you should be institutionalized, they might be right, yknow...
>>
>>18450704
Having suicidial thoughts isn't a crime.

Tell someone you really trust about this or you doctor.

I've never heard of anybody getting sent anywhere for suicidal thoughts unless they make it clear that it isn't just thoughts but actual intent with a plan and everything. Then you need to be watched.
>>
>>18450714
I am in crisis right now and have nobody to talk to, I started taking meds yesterday but it will be 2 weeks before they kick in. I feel like I can't wait, as soon as I got the bottle I thought about what might happen if I took the whole thing. Would probably just give me a headache or seizure.
>>
>>18450704
>Can I just go to a psychiatrist or psychologist and say that I've had this of suicide without getting sent to a mental hospital?
Yes, you can. Speaking from experience here. Unless they're sure that you have a plan and are going to kill yourself they probably will not do that.
>Will they help me?
So-so.
>>
File: 1431402341837.jpg (22KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1431402341837.jpg
22KB, 250x242px
>>18450708
yeah 4 chan is better than a doctor
go see a doc , and meditate !
>>
>>18450704
>>18450704
The word mental hospital evokes the imagery of TV and Movie representations. They aren't anything like what is depicted.

Its really more close to a large dormitory where you get to see a psychiatrist every morning, hang out with others going through similar things as yourself in life, and have the comfort of knowing that if things get bad there are always nurses 24/7 that you can talk to or get medication from.

I live in a large city, and there is one mental hospital that has an entire wing dedicated to people who are going through med changes for BP/Depression where they never interact with somebody who is schizophrenic or certifiably "insane".

Hospitalizations are typically only for people who attempted or are close to suicide, but some people go there for the daily doctors visits to ensure stability on new medications.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.