[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being anxious at other people's houses?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 13359092.jpg (18KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
13359092.jpg
18KB, 500x375px
I have general anxiety and maybe even slight agoraphobia. I am most comfortable in my own room, anywhere else and I start to feel anxiety building up. I've been wanting to try and push myself to be out of the house more, so I started doing some dog walking. It has been going pretty well, it's not much pay but I enjoy being able to set my own hours without having to interact with people much, and I like animals.

Earlier this week I got an offer to do dog/housesitting for 2 nights while the owner is interstate. My initial instinct was to say no, but I tried to get out of my own head for a moment and look at it as an opportunity to test myself, to dive in the deep end so to speak.

I've been at this house for 25 hours now and guys it's been my own personal kind of hell. My anxiety has been a constant 9/10, I keep tearing up and crying intermittently. I don't know what to do, I just want to go home and be in my own bed. I can't relax or calm down at all, the dog is pretty high maintenance too which makes me feel like I'm letting him down.

How can I get through the next 29 hours? This is the worst I've felt in a really long time.
>>
Stop thinking about how stressed out you are and how much you no longer want to be stressed out. Just think of some shit to do. Go watch some TV or just veg out lying on the couch. You gotta lose focus on the stress and just think that everything is fine and that the world is fine.

You have to force yourself to think it, feel it, believe it. Then nothing happens and it really is like everything is OK. And then eventually everything IS ok and you don't even have to try that hard to get into that state anymore.
>>
Your young. We all have anxiety when were young. The more you expose yourself to new situations, the better your resiliency (coping mechanism)
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.