[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate my project management job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6143.jpg (204KB, 650x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6143.jpg
204KB, 650x430px
Project management is the dullest most bullsht boring useless fucking piece of shit career in the whole fucking word. I fuckig hate all of my coworkers, my clients and I want to quit badly. I'm supporting myself, and I'm making progress paying off my student loans but I want to just say fuck off to everyone and walk out

Should I go homeless? I just want to dip out of work, drop off my company computer, and just leave. I have so much fucking rage to make a scene and fuck with people at work, but I'd rather just drift off and be forgotten. I want to erase the past year from my mind like it never happened.

Fuck this gay earth I'm trapped and I want to kill myself I'm wasting my life

They say life owes you nothing well I don't owe life or anyone anything. The best I can do right now is take out my frustration out on everyone in my life. The girls(fucking sluts) that infuck, my old "friends", I told them all off. It's easier for me to tell someone to die in a fire to their face than it is to say hello and shake their hand and smile, so from now on fuck the world
>>
Why not just apply for a new job?
>>
>project management is the dullest most boring useless piece of shit career in the whole fucking world
tell us how you really feel? alright, so why's it dull and boring, how can you alleviate that?

>should I go homeless
fuck no

>fucking sluts
well stop doing that

>shitty friends
well stop surrounding yourself with shitty people

>easier to tell someone to die in a fire
very true, is it going to help you with your goals though? you have goals right?

what are your goals OP?
>>
>>18449969
Seems like you have bigger problems than your job.

What is wrong?
>>
>>18449977
I am. Project management skills don't transfer well except to other project management positions.

>>18449986

Project management, at least in the IT field that I've seen, is just fucking scheduling meetings, tracking " deliverables", booking meetings, tracking to-do lists like a little bitch. I thought at first that this was just entry level grunt work so I shut up and did the work. Then I looked ahead and saw people years my senior doing the same shit. It's low skill work, literally anyone can do this.

You don't create anything. You don't use critical thinking skills. You don't affect the bottom line. You are replaceable. As you progress, you continue to do nothing building no niche skill along the way. At least as an entry leve/intern/apprentice developer engineer or designer you start off by editing *small* lines of code or whatever or do some QA until you are eventually trusted actual creation and using your brain. PM work is endless secretary dick waving.

I'm taking web-development classes on the side and trying to build up my portfolio and technical skillset (because my cheap-ass company sees no value in investing in technical training thats actually applicable to what they do but I have to pay for it myself) but the self-taught road is fucking daunting. If I wanted to do front-end or data visualization work I'd be competing with masters degrees and 5 years of experience for jobs that require a fraction of that expertise.

to come anywhere near that competition just seems daunting and depressing as fuck

I'm trying real hard to stay on the straight edge but the path of saying fuck it and turning to drugs and alcohol to numb the pain gets more tempting every day

And it doesn't help that I work with a bunch of fucking flabby-armed boomer cat women either
>>
>>18450036
>I am. Project management skills don't transfer well except to other project management positions.
Sure they do. You just don't know how to sell yourself properly.
>>
>>18450041
:(
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.